Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2016, 19:34   #1
God Member

Wolves match thread

Might as well close this thread!

3 nowt down half time with a strong team out
Old 08-11-2016, 19:36   #2
God Member

Re: Wolves match thread

And a gate of just over 100 I believe - hope the FA are realising what damage they've done to the competition
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 19:39   #3
God Member

They may well reverse the decision for next season, but I fear theyve actually killed it. It was always fourth best in terms of prestige but now it wont even be fourth out of four (league, fa cup, league cup, ****pot cup)
Old 08-11-2016, 20:24   #4

547 attendance
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 20:35   #5
God Member

4-0 now
Yo yo season continues.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 20:35   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
547 attendance
547 too many 4-0 down thank God we are out of this doomed to die competition dreamt up by greedy Premiership egos.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 20:59   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

This just proves how stupid @ useless the F.A. are in allowing this.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 08-11-2016, 21:10   #8
God Member

I presume it was the muppets at the EFL who dreamt up the shambles.
Better out of it sooner than later as it's lost what little credibility it had. Just hope there no more injuries.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 21:19   #9

Coley not happy.

Old 08-11-2016, 22:00   #10
Full Member+

In all fairness to John Coleman he has said there was enough experience on the pitch to win the game. We lost our self respect tonight despite what your thoughts on the competition was. Coleman says he has to look at himself, He has said this quite a lot lately. Players at the club are not playing to the best of their ability and there has to be a reason. We can't go on losing like this. The small crowd was no excuse either. I am afraid some players need to move on, I feel sorry for the players who don't get a chance, we players of all ages and abilities and we just can't seem to pick a consistent team. It is difficult to find any positives in a game when we were beaten by 4 goals. we should have responded like we can, The will to win was not there from all accounts. even Coley says as much. Will we start to see some whole sale changes with some experienced players involved.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 22:19   #11
Senior Member+

Coley's right; for 15 or 20 minutes we were by far the better side. Sadly, once we conceded, we seemed to go to pieces. I just hope that he and Jimmy can pick the team up before Luton on Saturday. I counted 19 away supporters...
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 22:25   #12

Not reading too much into this defeat. Yes we got a drubbing but, for every team there'll be a game when things just go against you, just as there are games when everything goes right, it's football.
Lets not beat ourselves up over this one, it has no relevance to either Stanley's league or FA Cup aspirations.
I'm sure that we'll see an improved performance at Luton on Saturday.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:17   #13

Team selections for next year's Checkatrade trophy?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...nd-pints-match
Old 09-11-2016, 07:14   #14
God Member

Coley will be disappointed but I don't think it's so much about going out of this mickey mouse competition - as he's said many a time he just hates to lose,even at marbles or a board game.
Didn't lose any sleep over last night, in fact it's better that we're out of it - let the higher leagues academy teams slog it out while we concentrate on getting as far as we can in the FA cup & on our league form, we don't need that particular distraction
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:22   #15
God Member

forgot we had a game last night until i checked the results this morning. thats how much interest i,ve got in this farce. i imagine other fans have thought similar and maybe the players did themselves. imagine getting a bad injury in a game like that.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..