Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2017, 18:31   #1
Full Member+

5th round draw

Middlesborough drawn Oxford. Rovers drawn Man u. Burnley v the mighty Lincoln. I think we would have been a little gutted to have gone through and drawn Oxford. I know the money would help but a big draw would have been a great reward. If only. next season maybe

Last edited by Chrisr; 30-01-2017 at 18:34.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-01-2017, 18:58   #2
Senior Member+

Re: 5th round draw

Impossible to say - we may not have been number 15.
baldy likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 19:04   #3

Chrisr, you're assuming that had we beat Boro we would have also drawn Oxford, when each draw is a complete lottery.
A draw last Saturday, followed by one of the big boys in round 5 before the replay, would probably have led to a repeat of the Yeovil curse.
Having said that, I bet the Boro fans are cock-a-hoop getting another home draw against lower opposition. I think Oxford will prove a tougher nut to crack.
One of the best 'David v Goliath' FA Cup draws ever.
Good luck to all the underdogs - and that includes Blackburn!
Chrisr likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 19:17   #4
God Member

Wonder how many Rovers fans will boycott the next round??
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 19:28   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Impossible to say - we may not have been number 15.
We would!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 21:38   #6
Full Member+

Ah well, a bit of consolation in knowing we wouldn't have got a "dream tie"' I know we might not have had number 15 or whatever,but i always look to see who those we lost to play next and it's Oxford. Not Man Utd,Arsenal or Blackburn,so i'm not too upset.
Chrisr likes this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 22:50   #7
Full Member+

No one knows who we would have drawn if we had gone through as it wouldn't have been the exact same circumstances in that alternative universe and Savage may not have dropped a ball after meeting different people in the studio or just the knowledge of different teams and researching etc would have affected something.

The only thing we know for certain from tonight is never to watch the 'one show' again.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 07:21   #8
Super Moderator

As Mike A says we would have been Ball 15; the FA allocated the numbers on Friday.

It's based on the match number after the 1st and 3rd rounds
Chrisr likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 08:57   #9
Full Member+

We would have been ball 15 as MR T has pointed out as has Mike A. It was a comment but the comments from some people. you can only look at who you lost to and see who they drew and I think it is a reasonable to assume that would have been the team we would drawn. It is no big deal.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 09:28   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

"Frankly i dont give a damn," the quote from Gone with the wind, is very apt for this rubbish,
MikeA, smudgie, Chrisr and 1 others like this.
Old 31-01-2017, 10:11   #11
God Member

At least we won't be selling tickets for another match that never was . . . . . . Oxford doesn't have quite the same ring to it as Man United somehow
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 11:22   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
As Mike A says we would have been Ball 15; the FA allocated the numbers on Friday.

It's based on the match number after the 1st and 3rd rounds
Thanks Mark. I was always under the misapprehension that the numbers for each round were allocated after the games in the previous round.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 15:45   #13
Super Moderator

Not too sure how they are allocated in the qualifying round; but in R1 it's the EFL 1 and 2 Clubs in alphabetic order; ie us 1 and Yeovil 48; then the non-league teams down to ball 80.

In round 2 it's the match number from R1 which is the ball number.

In round 3 the PL and Championship clubs are numbered 1 to 46 and then the rest are numbered after that.

Then it the match number going forward.

All pre-allocated on the Thursday before the matches take place.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 23:24   #14
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
We would have been ball 15 as MR T has pointed out as has Mike A. It was a comment but the comments from some people. you can only look at who you lost to and see who they drew and I think it is a reasonable to assume that would have been the team we would drawn. It is no big deal.
You could never assume that, it is a random event and would be very unlikely to be the same where Stanley in it. A good chance of the quarters would not have gutted me anyway. Might sound daft.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:09   #15

IT'S THE BLOODY BUTTERFLY EFFECT FOR GAWDS SAKE! Everything would be entirely different in the whole world and we would not have drawn Oxford (or, unlikely to have).
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..