Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2017, 20:18   #46
I am Banned

Re: Colchester United Thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Watching the video clip, Omar's red card had similarities to 'Man Mountain' Pearson's against Carlisle in that he lost control of the ball. But, unlike Matty, he didn't go in with both feet towards the oncoming player. The Colchester player didn't appear to have control of the ball at any time.
Don't see why mconville made the tackle to give away the penalty, Matty p had got back and had him covered but still 5 games unbeaten at home
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2017, 20:31   #47
Full Member+

From where we were in the main stand looking at the Clayton end. we all thought Beccles got the ball and the player run onto Beccles tackle. Nobody made a serious claim for a nasty foul. I hope he does get it rescinded as it was a bad decision made in haste. The liner on our side was very poor. The liner on the Whinney hillside was spot on. I was surprised at the bobbly and slippy pitch at the coppice end. Having seen the penalty it was an extremely soft penalty. But another 3 points towards the safe zone.
monkey hanger likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 21:40   #48
Senior Member+

Thought Seamus put in one hell of a shift on his 100th appearance today. Game was in cruise control until the sending off. Being hyper critical thought Rodgers struggled throughout.
What's the suspension count up for Tuesday ? Beckles Don and The golden boy ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 21:45   #49
God Member

[QUOTE=st06nc2;1187801]2-1 golden boy gives away a penalty[/QUOTE
And if I was anyone else would there be any comment?
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 21:46   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
i we lose its mconvilles fault
ffs!!!!!
Chimer likes this.
Old 18-02-2017, 21:53   #51
God Member

Even the chap from Colchester's press people was gobsmacked by the red card for Omar & it's not often any of the opposition's press give us the benefit of the doubt - as soon as the foul was committed he said 'that's a yellow card' . . . . . .enough said
Old 19-02-2017, 07:56   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
From where we were in the main stand looking at the Clayton end. we all thought Beccles got the ball and the player run onto Beccles tackle. Nobody made a serious claim for a nasty foul. I hope he does get it rescinded as it was a bad decision made in haste. The liner on our side was very poor. The liner on the Whinney hillside was spot on. I was surprised at the bobbly and slippy pitch at the coppice end. Having seen the penalty it was an extremely soft penalty. But another 3 points towards the safe zone.
you,ve got it spot on chrisr. must have had the same view of the incident that i did and dare i say the main stand lino. who looked like someone who the ref gave a lift too just to make up the numbers. on the television highlights it looked a poor challenge but as they say its all about angles and we had the better one.
Chrisr likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 10:35   #53

Both our clubs are currently suffering from poor referees who are trying to make names for themselves by poor interpretation of the laws of the game.

It's little wonder therefore that both our respective managers are reacting in the media the way they are at the moment.

Seen far worse challenges in our League from teams in our league who get away with it, including recent FA Cup games.

Seems to me that southern teams get away with it but ours appear to have been targeted.
monkey hanger likes this.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 11:55   #54
I am Banned

The Channel 5 highlight programme described Omar's red as appropriate action
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 12:01   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
The Channel 5 highlight programme described Omar's red as appropriate action
Yeh heard it, though it looked bad from the angle they showed, i aint convinced from what i saw yesterday.seemed to me he took the ball.

Last edited by cashman; 19-02-2017 at 12:08.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 12:13   #56

Great battling performance from our boys yesterday, to match Tuesday night's at Mansfield.
Seems the world & his brother are determined to see the end of our little club this season - well they can go whistle!
To use an overused cliché, this was a game of two halves!
2-0 up & looking more than comfortable, thanks to our rock solid back four of Pearson, Hughes, Beckles & Rodgers, the whole dynamic of the game was changed by the rash 'red card' decision of the referee. Beckles was a mere fraction late with his attempt to recover the ball but the tackle was without any malice, nor a deliberate attempt to foul the opponent.
With a man advantage, the U's upped their game in the second half and it became a 'backs to the wall' effort by our ten men, although we did manage some effective attacks by hitting them on the break.
I have no doubt that, had we not been reduced to ten men, we would have inflicted a damn good thrashing to those Essex boys.
I'm sure there are teams, managers & officials who would love to see the back of Accrington Stanley as a league club.
Well I've news for them, so long as Matty Pearson plays for us, they're wishes will only ever be a pipedream.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 12:47   #57
Senior Member+

Much as Matty is a great talisman that's a bit OTT mate. There are a few unsung heroes in there not just Matty.
AccyMad, Revived Red and Greeny like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 13:00   #58
Full Member+

Having had time to reflect on the game. I would offer no criticism of any player yesterday. I wonder why we did not use all our subs and sooner, Everyone put a hard shift in. When Shay was subbed I thought given the battering Billy was getting he too should have come off. We have enough quality and strength on the bench to have done that at least 20 mins before the end. I think our stamina and pure determination was evident yesterday, But we could have rested a couple of Strikers. Both Shay and Billy don't look quite 100% for a full match of that physical strain. I must admit that I couldn't say what our best 11 is. On to tuesday and another three points needed. It will be a very tough test against an in form team. Some guy called Mingoia is playing apparently.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 13:13   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Much as Matty is a great talisman that's a bit OTT mate. There are a few unsung heroes in there not just Matty.
Absolutely agree 28 - We have 11 heroes on the field every game.
But Matty P is the rock on which our team is built & an inspiration to all our players through his 101% commitment.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 13:27   #60
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Absolutely agree 28 - We have 11 heroes on the field every game.
But Matty P is the rock on which our team is built & an inspiration to all our players through his 101% commitment.
Bang on lord thought we were brilliant yesterday. Loved the atmosphere and love all our boys I'll be singing my head off on Tuesday night.

Thanks, Keith
nancy boy 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..