Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2019, 18:18   #16
Full Member+

Re: Sky Blues Match Thread

Conneely best player in a Stanley shirt today.
Has been fantastic last few games.
& still people can’t see it.
Baffling.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2019, 19:14   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Clean sheets are a good sign we have sorted out the defence and keeper improving; averaging a goal per game will ensure we will be in for a bottom half finish.
Billy Kee issue aside, we need to create more goals for the strikers, they are simply not getting enough good quality chances.
Dav !.. I think you mean to say just acquire some goals from anywhere !... goalless league matches are beginning to become a bit of an unwanted habit, and a clean sheet every week can not be guaranteed I'm afraid !.

But where will the goals come from I wonder ?.. I'm sure someone must have the answer !.
A point for discussion ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 19:55   #18
God Member

Pretty mundane affair from both sides incapable of threatening the goal for much of the match but Stanley did well to hold out for a point.
Ref started the first half being extremely lenient, trying to keep the game moving, and Stanley were very lucky not to concede a penalty. In the second half the players started taking advantage and fouls and play-acting became more frequent, more nasty, and eventually led to the sending off.
Thought Evtimov, Hughes, Opoku, Alese, and Conneely played very well - the rest were ineffective to a lesser or greater degree.
Really missed Clark’s input today, he was unusually quiet and Pritchard’s weak shot straight at their keeper in the opening minutes was Stanley’s best and only chance on target.
Still cannot understand what Coleman sees in Zanzala. On my (admitted limited) exposure to both players Charles seems at least as quick if not quicker, and certainly stronger.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 22:25   #19

On the face of it, a point away at Coventry is not to be sniffed at.
However, the no-score draw did us no favours, in fact we dropped a place due to Tranmere's away victory at MK Dons.
After Tuesday nights goal-fest, I fully expected young 'Prince' Charles to at least get on the field.
Instead, Coley gives 'Baron' Zanzala (get it?) another 30 wasted minutes.
Meanwhile, we're now only 2 points above the drop zone.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 22:40   #20
Senior Member+

Bitterly disappointed we didn’t make the man advantage work. Half an hour but you wouldn’t have known it. Conneely yet again solid as a rock.
StanleyJosh likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:37   #21

Would love to know what coley madeof it, but just cannot penetrate the maze that is logging onto I follow.
Accepts a password but then does nothing - just a white square. Anyone else encounter this on an iPhone?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:39   #22
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Sky Blues Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
On the face of it, a point away at Coventry is not to be sniffed at.
However, the no-score draw did us no favours, in fact we dropped a place due to Tranmere's away victory at MK Dons.
After Tuesday nights goal-fest, I fully expected young 'Prince' Charles to at least get on the field.
Meanwhile, we're now only 2 points above the drop zone.
But Coventry City and the excellent, yet lightweight youngsters from Liverpool's School of Football are, as the Reds found out yesterday, two entirely different kettles of fish .

In a previous post I repeated the words of wisdom from the late Sir Bobby Robson, which keep coming back to haunt me.

" Score goals = win games = promotion possibilities " or " No goals = loss of games and motivation = potential relegation ! "

From the strikers in our current squad I cannot see the goals that we so badly need
putting in an appearance . In addition to this the odd goal or two from our midfield would not go amiss , but alas !!.

Here I go griping again !, but feel certain that others watch games and must, seeing good chances missed and players underperforming, share my feelings .

BUT.. ON STANLEY !.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:51   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Would love to know what coley madeof it, but just cannot penetrate the maze that is logging onto I follow.
Accepts a password but then does nothing - just a white square. Anyone else encounter this on an iPhone?
I had same problem last night, your Lordship. But I just kept trying and eventually I was ‘signed in’. No one will know why as no one I have ever met has appeared to understood IT.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:00   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Conneely best player in a Stanley shirt today. Has been fantastic last few games & still people can’t see it.
Baffling.
It’s only baffling to those who can’t see that Conneely was not playing well earlier in the season.
He was excellent yesterday and I hope he maintains his form but surely Stanley can’t afford too many players who gets selected whether or not they’re playing well.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:02   #25
God Member

Coleman in his post match interview says we did,not play as well as they normally do opportunities next week in cup against Crewe to change things around a bit especially upfront agree with others Zanzala just unfortunately doesn't look good enough ,Charles, Baker-Richardson and Sampson plus the overlooked Simmonds are all options upfront not trying we,ll never know.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:14   #26
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip

good one that. mind you i,m not convinced with charles either. coventry away is a different proposition than a load of liverpool kids at home in a dead rubber.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:17   #27
God Member

good away point but hope its followed up by a home league win which will make that point even more valuable.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:19   #28
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Coleman in his post match interview says we did,not play as well as they normally do opportunities next week in cup against Crewe to change things around a bit especially upfront agree with others Zanzala just unfortunately doesn't look good enough ,Charles, Baker-Richardson and Sampson plus the overlooked Simmonds are all options upfront not trying we,ll never know.
Not Simmonds. Never Simmonds.
Simpson poor in my view.
Andy Scott much better option.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:20   #29
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
It’s only baffling to those who can’t see that Conneely was not playing well earlier in the season.
He was excellent yesterday and I hope he maintains his form but surely Stanley can’t afford too many players who gets selected whether or not they’re playing well.
Half agree with that, although let’s be honest and look at other options at that point in the season, wouldn’t of picked LKS or Pritchard in the middle over him.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:09   #30

Colby looked out on his feet , looked shattered like he needs a spell out the side , remember he’s only stepped up from part time football so you would expect a dip in form , but his sharpness has completely gone , Zanzala not showing anything to warrant be near the side at the minute add onto that a pathetic 30 minute display yesterday. We create chances but fail to convert , maybe a break from the league will do us good an who doesn’t love a god F.A cup run.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..