Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2020, 14:06   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Does anyone have any idea what is going on are we allowed 770 fans in next Saturday, are we going to allow fans in from October 1st, is it going to be pushed back to November or restricted to under 3000 just a few things being bandied about no wonder a couple of clubs pulled the plug this weekend the rules seem to change daily.
unless the club says owt nobody knows nowt,
Old 17-09-2020, 14:13   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
unless the club says owt nobody knows nowt,
Latest on Lancashire live news Hyndburn probably going back on local lockdown so that will answer the Oxford game probably.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 14:51   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i take little notice of them andy reckon they are scaremongers. i do read them but then in the main i forget lol
Old 17-09-2020, 22:35   #19

Quote:
this as been in the air at least 1 week, how much time do they need, think its pathetic bleating hard times and not being ready.
In most cases its not the clubs that arent ready. Its getting their plans signned off in time by theur local SAG or as in Hulls case because the council itself wouldnd give permission due to a rising rate nothing to do with the clubs readiness
monkey hanger likes this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 22:53   #20

Quote:
Latest on Lancashire live news Hyndburn probably going back on local lockdown so that will answer the Oxford game probably.
Wether that happens tomorrow or not that was an atrocious peice of scaremongering journalism by them today and i see that Blackburn council have demanded that they retract it.

Which says to me that Blackburn know that the rest of their area isnt going to be put back into local lockdown and following from that the rest of the area including Hyndburn that was released with it a couple of weeks ago wont be either.

So my take is that Stanley will be invited to apply to be one of the test games next week as was originally planned before Boris crapped himself last week.

I was told today that subject to there being no issues this weekend the clubs that conduct successfull tests this weekend will be allowed 3k crowds at their next home games on Oct 3rd as originally planned but the clubs who havnt conducted a successful test this weekend wont be allowed to until they conduct a 1k test.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 07:15   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
In most cases its not the clubs that arent ready. Its getting their plans signned off in time by theur local SAG or as in Hulls case because the council itself wouldnd give permission due to a rising rate nothing to do with the clubs readiness
exactly. clubs can follow whatever requirement is needed today but that might not be proved adequate the day after. so many week to week changes no one knows what the situation will be like next month.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 08:11   #22
God Member

30% of the pilot games not going ahead hopefully the rest will kick off.
Old 18-09-2020, 08:49   #23
Full Member+

I wonder if Stanley have applied for the Oxford game to be a test event? bolton were not even allowed to apply due to their infection rates and Hyndburn third highest out of 317 yesterday.

If we don't find out until late on Wednesday and it is negative, then 1,000+ ifollow codes will still need dishing out, and if it is the same system as last time it could end up a farce.

Will what is being announced this morning it is unlikely that spectators will be allowed in 8 days time.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 08:51   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
some clear long term strategy by government
Tin Monkey likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:03   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I wonder if Stanley have applied for the Oxford game to be a test event? bolton were not even allowed to apply due to their infection rates and Hyndburn third highest out of 317 yesterday.

If we don't find out until late on Wednesday and it is negative, then 1,000+ ifollow codes will still need dishing out, and if it is the same system as last time it could end up a farce.

Will what is being announced this morning it is unlikely that spectators will be allowed in 8 days time.
Must be a nightmare for admin staff not looking good at all at the minute for any kind of hospitality or sports events.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-09-2020, 18:23   #26
God Member

EFL released a statement about fans at stadiums and it's as clear as mud with regards to local lockdowns as I see it a crowd doesn't break " the rule of six" to me if a pub or restaurant is following hygiene protocol and can have customers then sports venue,s should be fine, still no wiser if we can attend Oxford game though.
Old 18-09-2020, 19:06   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
EFL released a statement about fans at stadiums and it's as clear as mud with regards to local lockdowns as I see it a crowd doesn't break " the rule of six" to me if a pub or restaurant is following hygiene protocol and can have customers then sports venue,s should be fine, still no wiser if we can attend Oxford game though.
Doubt if Stanley know yet andy?
Old 18-09-2020, 19:36   #28
God Member

Quote:
Doubt if Stanley know yet andy?
Exactly clear as mud.
Old 18-09-2020, 19:56   #29
Full Member+

Fleetwood have confirmed they have applied for a test event on the 26th.

I would be interesting to know if Stanley have applied or not, or if LCC have advised them not to.

I think the chances of getting on the Oxford game are < 10% as it stands.

Time to send out the iFollow codes for next week...
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 07:24   #30
God Member

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1244778]

I think the chances of getting on the Oxford game are < 10% as it stands.

hartlepool had a home friendly with blyth for today behind closed doors. this morning its off. clubs as well as fans cannot carry on with this will we wont we approach with last minute call offs. know this happens in winter with the weather but its just more uncertainty that everyone is going to suffer.
cashman, pifco and andyd like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..