Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2021, 05:18   #16
God Member

Re: Doncaster match thread.

Nice won STANLEY
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2021, 08:00   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I agree with you about the referee. Another one clearly who thinks that his main priority is to ‘play on’ and ‘keep the game flowing’. He acted on only eighteen fouls……ten against us and eight against Doncaster! In reality he spoiled the second half as he was letting far too much mauling, wrestling and shirt pulling go without taking action. This type of refereeing can increase the risk of injuries to players too. So in trying to ‘maintain the flow of play’ he actually ruined the match as a spectacle! Two of our yellow cards were justified as they were professional fouls but how Doncaster didn’t have three or four yellow cards remains a mystery! Doncaster were very clever but blatantly so with little pushes in the backs of our players, thus knocking them off balance and mis hitting the ball. Players on both sides in the second half were not allowed to win the ball without being pulled, pushed and dragged around which caused far too much of the play from both sides to be up in the air! IMHO referees should simply apply the rules properly regarding unfair physical contact and allow teams to ‘play football’!
well i saw the game completly the opposite. he had the choice of running the game as he saw fit or pull up both sides for all the pulling and pushing. infact if he had taken that stance rovers would have had a snonewall penalty for nottinghams pull back in the first half. players were not exactly diving in with reckless tackles therefore the injury to players never came into it. actually enjoyed the game as it was much better than a stop start game littered with free kicks for both sides and knowing some officials that stanley have had in the past you know which way these free kicks would have been given. would the game have been different if he had stamped out the physical stuff early on. i doubt it. you may say he got away with it. well it was a gamble, but with the players on the pitch last night i thought it was one worth taking. my only gripe was the regular one of throw ins not being taken more or less where the ball went out of play. good luck mr.oldham. rather see you than some fussy whistle blower.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 08:04   #18
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;
Maybe refs like giving Stanley a hard time at home because bigger crowds at other clubs wouldn’t let them get away with it so lightly?[/QUOTE]

stanley have never been crafty in the darker arts of the game. we more of less telegraph our fouls we make that makes it easy for the referees to penalise us.
Old 18-08-2021, 09:52   #19
God Member

One thing that was noticeable in the game last night which lacked quality was what Harry Pell brings to the side from the kick off he made his big frame noticeable barging into Galbraith and letting him know he was in for a physical battle, cost him a yellow later on, but he has give us something we have lacked recently a presence in the middle who won't be pushed around. Again the lads who have been under the weather with the bug in the camp began to tire Pritchard one of them, but keep Joe fit he,s one of the best in the league as long as he doesn't leave in the window.
pifco, chevyfire and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 10:10   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
One thing that was noticeable in the game last night which lacked quality was what Harry Pell brings to the side from the kick off he made his big frame noticeable barging into Galbraith and letting him know he was in for a physical battle, cost him a yellow later on, but he has give us something we have lacked recently a presence in the middle who won't be pushed around. Again the lads who have been under the weather with the bug in the camp began to tire Pritchard one of them, but keep Joe fit he,s one of the best in the league as long as he doesn't leave in the window.
that really annoys me=we have players at the moment not 100% fit due to illness, and our manager does NOT take them off after an hour or more he does what he always does and leaves sub until the last min, how anyone can say that is good is beyond me,the second half was like sat its pathetic to me.
Old 18-08-2021, 10:15   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that really annoys me=we have players at the moment not 100% fit due to illness, and our manager does NOT take them off after an hour or more he does what he always does and leaves sub until the last min, how anyone can say that is good is beyond me,the second half was like sat its pathetic to me.
Have to agree on the subs timing Cashy Charles was clearly as the game went on was becoming increasingly frustrated wether down to the bug or not their captain and center half got the better off him most of the game Mumbongo should have had at least 15 minutes not 5 minutes of injury time, instantly caused problems with his different style and physical presence.
pifco and monkey hanger like this.
Old 18-08-2021, 10:45   #22
God Member

Well, it certainly wasn't a classic but a win is a win & was happy with another 3 points overall. What surprised me was how Doncaster's style of play has changed from last season when both teams served up good, attractive football & the games were good to watch - now, under different management they seem to have reverted to rugby style tactics & lumping it up the field.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 10:53   #23
God Member

Quote:
Have to agree on the subs timing Cashy Charles was clearly as the game went on was becoming increasingly frustrated wether down to the bug or not their captain and center half got the better off him most of the game Mumbongo should have had at least 15 minutes not 5 minutes of injury time, instantly caused problems with his different style and physical presence.
was actually worried that dion might have ended up doing something stupid and getting himself sent off with his obvious second half flustrations. would have been kinder to the lad to drag him off well before he was. at least the lad replacing him was certainly no mug.
Old 18-08-2021, 11:00   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
to me charles and joe looked well knackered into second half, its common sense to replace them to me, i dont know who else was porrly last week but it make no difference at all to our lord and master,
pifco and monkey hanger like this.
Old 18-08-2021, 11:11   #25

Would love to see more of the Burnley lonee. He did benefit from the game being stretched as Rovers pushed for an equaliser.......but his fresh energy and surprising pace for a strong powerful player made him look like a real asset. Twenty five minutes playing time would also have benefits for him in achieving match fitness.......subs were made far too late.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 11:15   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to me charles and joe looked well knackered into second half, its common sense to replace them to me, i dont know who else was porrly last week but it make no difference at all to our lord and master,
you can see it, i can see it, 100,s of other fans can plus those on the bench can also see it. its as if he is just trying to be awkward in the lack of substitutions at a more realistic time. its not much of an incentive for a young lad coming on to give a show in those 5 or 6 minutes they get. go to a non stanley game you never see this happening.
Old 18-08-2021, 11:18   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Would love to see more of the Burnley lonee. He did benefit from the game being stretched as Rovers pushed for an equaliser.......but his fresh energy and surprising pace for a strong powerful player made him look like a real asset. Twenty five minutes playing time would also have benefits for him in achieving match fitness.......subs were made far too late.
thats got to be a standing joke now with all those around me. it goes back a few years now and its nothing new.
Old 18-08-2021, 11:57   #28

We win the game with a clean sheet against a decent enough side an we as fans are moaning at the lack of substitutes. The mind boggles. We have the best manager an staff in the league let them do there jobs. The reason why we are we’re we are is because of them. Great performance an 3pts for everyone involved. Onto Saturday.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 12:16   #29
God Member

However good Stanley’s management team are (and they are!) they, like the rest of us, can always improve.
Pritchard’s condition was clearly visible well before he sank to the ground out of total exhaustion. We all know most players at Stanley will say they are fit to play but, if Joe is suffering from some bug, running himself to the point of collapse may not do his recovery much good.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 12:44   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
However good Stanley’s management team are (and they are!) they, like the rest of us, can always improve.
Pritchard’s condition was clearly visible well before he sank to the ground out of total exhaustion. We all know most players at Stanley will say they are fit to play but, if Joe is suffering from some bug, running himself to the point of collapse may not do his recovery much good.
Spot on and it's all right other supporters saying what are you moaning at we got the 3 points, fine if we go on and win every game from now to the end of the season then yes they are right, we all know though that isn't the case and how many times when we have been losing games by one or two nil and the same happens. No good singing about how great this bunch of players are and the youngsters will play their parts when inevitably they don't. Nobody is doubting this management team is brilliant it's just maybe subs are a bit of an achilles heel
cashman and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..