Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2023, 22:03   #16
Full Member+

Re: Bolton Post Match

The Bolton fans are horrendous. We have them a week on Saturday and after the problems last year the game has been changed to a 12-30 ko.
They invaded the pitch here at The Mazuma and turned a disabled man out of his shop-rider among other things.

When the lock-down was on in 2020/21 and no fans allowed in grounds , hundreds of them travelled illegally to Morecambe and stood on the land by the road only for Evatt and his team to reward them by coming across and applauding them !

Be nice to see them miss out on promotion.
Tin Monkey and Watchdog like this.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2023, 07:53   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
The Bolton fans are horrendous.
Be nice to see them miss out on promotion.
Tbh, if both Stanley and Morecambe were to stay in L1, I’d rather see Bolton promoted so we never have to host that bunch of yobs again.
cashman and Watchdog like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 09:07   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I am only going off what I saw. Still images can give a false impression I feel. Although as you suggest it would be interesting to see the incident from different angles as videos.
There's a clip doing the rounds on Twitter that a fan has put up. Hearing that Liam has "multiple facial fractures" - not good.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 09:35   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
There's a clip doing the rounds on Twitter that a fan has put up. Hearing that Liam has "multiple facial fractures" - not good.
This is what the club has posted on Twitter:
Coley has confirmed that@LiamCoyle_99 suffered multiple facial fractures and will be monitored by the #asfc medical staff over the next couple of days. Everyone at the club wishes Liam a safe and successful recovery.
cashman likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 10:06   #20
Senior Member+

Club statement about 'incidents' at the end of the match:
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...ton-wanderers/
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 10:07   #21
Senior Member+

Seems like my evaluation of Trafford’s dangerous challenge was correct and also my assessment of the failure of the referee to apply FA Laws Rule 1……….
Quote my earlier post……

Robert Mitchell
In my honest opinion James Trafford used “excessive force” in wiping out Coyle last night. Which is a Red Card offence according to FA Laws of the Game, Rule 1. Quote. “Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off“.

There should be a retrospective disciplinary action to ban Trafford and to consider the referee’s failure to apply the Laws of the game. Shocking, but nothing will change……..this referee will be officiating at a League match somewhere on Saturday no doubt!

Get fit soon Liam. Best wishes.
cashman and keep the faith like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 24-02-2023 at 10:10.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 10:22   #22
Senior Member+

Tommy Leigh has been ‘Retrospectively Cited’ for the relatively mild use of an elbow. Compare that with the excessive force used by James Trafford on Liam Coyle which was far far worse IMHO! If Tommy Leigh get as a three match ban then Trafford should be banned for a much larger number of matches.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 10:48   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Tommy Leigh has been ‘Retrospectively Cited’ for the relatively mild use of an elbow. Compare that with the excessive force used by James Trafford on Liam Coyle which was far far worse IMHO! If Tommy Leigh get as a three match ban then Trafford should be banned for a much larger number of matches.
Problem is that ref didn't see the Leigh incident therefore retrospective punishment can be given out.

No recourse for Trafford because ref saw it and booked him.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 11:09   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Club statement about 'incidents' at the end of the match:
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...ton-wanderers/
We’ve had several (almost) full houses this season, with very passionate and vociferous fans, from much ‘bigger’ clubs.
But none other Bolton showed such thuggish and infantile behaviour.

Should we ever have the ‘pleasure’ of hosting Bolton again I’d be happy if the club limited their tickets to the absolute minimum*, confined them to the Coppice Terrace (except for a few spaces and seats for less able), and took a hit on the gate receipts. I’d even be willing to chip in a fiver to offset the loss.
Who needs a house full of morons?
If that’s how they behave when they’ve won….?

* even @ 10%, 500 Bolton fans could be too many.

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 24-02-2023 at 11:12.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 18:46   #25

So a load of yobs can go to someone else's ground, cause trouble and it's not their fault? Do stadium bans still stand for entering the playing area?
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 18:47   #26

Bolton boss thinks even the yellow card was harsh, words fail me!
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..