Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2023, 09:19   #16

Re: "Evidently Chickentown".......Salford thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
On Salford,s fan forum they are least saying that Salford are poor not taking anything away from Stanley a lot giving in already to spend their Saturday,s on the allotment a lot more satisfying according to one. Oh dear are their famous owners beginning to lose interest could be it's a pattern Sugar Daddy owned clubs seem unfortunately to follow leaving broken clubs and fans in there wake without a bit of empathy.
Unfortunately Andyd the eventual reaction will be to "throw more money" at the Manager and Team, wrecking the player market further with over-inflated wages and fees..........it's what "Sugar Daddies" always do......
Watchdog likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-08-2023, 11:58   #17
Full Member+

One of the main shareholders at Salford City is Billionaire Peter Lim, who also owns Valencia which is how Gary Neville got the Managers job and his brother Phil the head coach job. Monies no problem at all to Salford City but they don't get their own way with Salford City Council nor Manchester City Council.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2023, 13:58   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Unfortunately Andyd the eventual reaction will be to "throw more money" at the Manager and Team, wrecking the player market further with over-inflated wages and fees..........it's what "Sugar Daddies" always do......
Perhaps - but given the story so far, I’m inclined to believe at least some of the Man U boys are doing this for the right reasons
Old 27-08-2023, 18:32   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

WHAT I could not understand we played great for 70 mins, or are the players told to drop back if we are in front by management? cos i have seen us do this a couple of times? its ridiculous to me.
Old 27-08-2023, 21:02   #20
God Member

I think it’s a natural reaction with most teams, especially when they are otherwise fairly evenly matched.
It would make for more excitement if a team that was two up went all out for a third, but so many goals are a result of break aways. Stanley suffered enough of them last season.
Dangerous score 2-0, but Stanley did well to hold on after Salford got one back.
MikeA and Kiwi Johnny like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2023, 21:02   #21

Cashman nobody cares about your opinion on here. Take your negative sad life elsewhere. Players an staff yesterday were great throughout.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2023, 04:42   #22
Full Member+

The difference from Saturday's game and previous games when trying to defend our lead was the quality of our defending. We were under the cosh for 20 minutes on Saturday but i thought we defended magnificently.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2023, 08:18   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Cashman nobody cares about your opinion on here. Take your negative sad life elsewhere. Players an staff yesterday were great throughout.
Yeah just take a walk and keep on going.
keep the faith likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2023, 11:17   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
i couldnt careless what an idiot says.
Old 28-08-2023, 11:54   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
WHAT I could not understand we played great for 70 mins, or are the players told to drop back if we are in front by management? cos i have seen us do this a couple of times? its ridiculous to me.
Cashy, I think Exile has it spot on

Most teams do the same, it just must be something in the human brain

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..