Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2024, 18:58   #31
God Member

Re: stanley v morecambe thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Is Bickerstaff poor, or just not getting the service ( I suspect the latter)?
Let's just say there's a reason Disney fc lent him to us
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2024, 19:35   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Let's just say there's a reason Disney fc lent him to us
Yes another great January loan signing by "he who also made bad loan striker signings in January 2023"........
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2024, 19:57   #33
God Member

Going by his history, he must be worth a few goals at least...the fact he's not getting them would have to be a reflection on the way the other players are performing...tho his date of birth suggests he might be a disaster...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2024, 20:02   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Going by his history, he must be worth a few goals at least...the fact he's not getting them would have to be a reflection on the way the other players are performing...tho his date of birth suggests he might be a disaster...
Unfortunately, he just doesn't look that interested to me - just my opinion obviously
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2024, 20:36   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Unfortunately, he just doesn't look that interested to me - just my opinion obviously
I totally agree with your opinion young lady !. .... another of his attributes (?) Seems to be an inherent skill in disappearing from view for periods in a game , or so it appears to my eye . Inconspicuous is not an unreasonable word to describe him on these occasions .. just my opinion naturally !.
This however is not a desirable element one would wish to see in one of the main strikers in a struggling team much indeed of points ... perhaps it's time for a Sports Psychologist to revitalise and remotivate ourJacob to unleash his hidden powers ?... any offers ?.
( And while he's at it,find a way to convince the entire team that performing for 90 minutes like they managed to do for the last 10 today must bring its rewards !).

ON STANLEY !..ON TO GREATER THINGS !
pifco likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2024, 20:38   #36

Quote:
While I agree that he had a poor game, I don’t think that is where the problem lies. He was chasing all afternoon, but lost every duel. That might suggest lack of interest, of course, but the service, if you could call it that, was more suited to a 6’4 player, expert at holding the ball up.

Jack Nolan, as much as I enjoy watching him when we occasionally play well, has no judgment at all, cross or shoot, and very rarely looks for the front man unless it is with a 40 yards cross from the Centre circle. And Tommy Leigh is after all a very poor passer. Better strikers than Bickerstaff would struggle to do anything with that kind of service.
Watchdog likes this.
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2024, 21:25   #37

So we are all agreed then ......young Jake was a very poor loan signing in the January window. He doesn't suit our style of play, can't hold up or win the ball, can't get on the end of crosses, never gets in the box, is slow, can't head the ball...........

Young Shipley, a good loan signing and left wing back ....came on and showed him how it can be done for the last 20 minutes........
Old 29-03-2024, 21:54   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
So we are all agreed then ......young Jake was a very poor loan signing in the January window. He doesn't suit our style of play, can't hold up or win the ball, can't get on the end of crosses, never gets in the box, is slow, can't head the ball...........

Young Shipley, a good loan signing and left wing back ....came on and showed him how it can be done for the last 20 minutes........
And here's me trying my hardest to give Jacob the gentle letdown whilst waiting in the wings was a hatchet man par excellence !.
Don't think you missed one ' get Jake' -ism CG !. Well done !.
Old 29-03-2024, 22:19   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And here's me trying my hardest to give Jacob the gentle letdown whilst waiting in the wings was a hatchet man par excellence !.
Don't think you missed one ' get Jake' -ism CG !. Well done !.
He CAN ......prove me wrong in the remaining games of the season........?
Old 29-03-2024, 22:25   #40
Senior Member+

Cool Re: stanley v morecambe thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
He CAN ......prove me wrong in the remaining games of the season........?
Supreme optimism personified CG. ?.
Old 30-03-2024, 07:28   #41
God Member

We had the right man - for our system/style of play - in Andrews, but he went back and as is the norm for bargain basement Stanley, we have got the best we could find..... had our luck been in, we would have comeback from shopping with Paul Mullin

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2024, 07:30   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greger View Post
While I agree that he had a poor game, I don’t think that is where the problem lies. He was chasing all afternoon, but lost every duel. That might suggest lack of interest, of course, but the service, if you could call it that, was more suited to a 6’4 player, expert at holding the ball up.

Jack Nolan, as much as I enjoy watching him when we occasionally play well, has no judgment at all, cross or shoot, and very rarely looks for the front man unless it is with a 40 yards cross from the Centre circle. And Tommy Leigh is after all a very poor passer. Better strikers than Bickerstaff would struggle to do anything with that kind of service.
About right Greger, he would be a different player if he had Andrews along side him

Old 30-03-2024, 10:23   #43
Senior Member+

First game for a while,got the train to Acci so I could have a few beers and be entertained with a rip-roaring local derby.
How wrong was I !!!
Both teams thought they were Man City,tippy tapping,no passion,desire,will to win.
Morecambe we’re the better team,just!!!,
Acci use to have half a dozen leaders in the team,couldn’t name you one yesterday.
I thought a lot of players were out of contract in summer,so you would assume they would be busting a gut on the pitch??
Sorry I didn’t catch up with you Yonmon, but the hens harrier beer made me stay In Coleys bar for the second half,along with hundreds of others!!!!
KTF
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2024, 10:44   #44
God Member

Tommy is a shadow of the player he used to be and playing alongside Dan Martin is not his position - Ben Woods please

Apart from his glaring miss, Henderson should be starting - in my opinion

If we are using Kelvin's experience, then play Shipley and bench Connor

Old 30-03-2024, 11:28   #45
God Member

Bench Connor for Kelvin???
Connor is one the best players of the season.
Boots opticians will be open today if it helps, Val.
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..