Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2006, 13:47   #1
God Member

Bloody shops!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I went shopping for something new to wear for my works Xmas party today.

Now I have to be careful what I pick because we are going bowling during the day then onto the Calder for the night. Now not alot of things match them Ronald McDonald shoe's that they give you at Bowling (and mine are velcro aswell because i'm only a size 3)

I ended up choosing a pair of nice 3/4 length Jeans with a silvery/white belt and silvery glitter on the Jeans.

Now I usually have trouble with pants/Jeans cos I'm choosy, but today i found them, they fit, I liked, I bought - thinking ' oh I will find a nice silvery/grey top to match no problem'

How wrong was I?? I can't find one that will look nice anywhere!!! I have been to Blackburn and Accrington.............NOTHING

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-12-2006, 13:50   #2
Member.

Re: Bloody shops!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I went shopping for something new to wear for my works Xmas party today.

Now I have to be careful what I pick because we are going bowling during the day then onto the Calder for the night. Now not alot of things match them Ronald McDonald shoe's that they give you at Bowling (and mine are velcro aswell because i'm only a size 3)

I ended up choosing a pair of nice 3/4 length Jeans with a silvery/white belt and silvery glitter on the Jeans.

Now I usually have trouble with pants/Jeans cos I'm choosy, but today i found them, they fit, I liked, I bought - thinking ' oh I will find a nice silvery/grey top to match no problem'

How wrong was I?? I can't find one that will look nice anywhere!!! I have been to Blackburn and Accrington.............NOTHING

Get yourself up to Preston or Lancaster.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 13:52   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Get yourself up to Preston or Lancaster.
I know I actually thought about Preston but it's finding the time

Miracles do happen!!

Old 13-12-2006, 13:57   #4
I am Banned

Look behind the fridge
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 14:00   #5
God Member

cut something up of gingers and wear that lol
Old 13-12-2006, 14:01   #6
Senior Member+

I've recently bought 2 nice grey tops, one was a grey wool jumper dress from MK One, and a grey top with silver glitter on from George @ Asda, I got that only on Friday and there was loads left only £10 to.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 14:01   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermain View Post
Look behind the fridge

Tell me when to laugh and when to stop!!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 13-12-2006, 14:02   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
I've recently bought 2 nice grey tops, one was a grey wool jumper dress from MK One, and a grey top with silver glitter on from George @ Asda, I got thay only on Friday and there was loads left only £10 to.

Hmmmmmmmmmm cheers x haven't looked there!!! probably only bloody place I haven't I will give asda a try then cheers

Miracles do happen!!

Old 13-12-2006, 14:03   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
cut something up of gingers and wear that lol
Lmao I would but he don't have the right colors

Miracles do happen!!

Old 13-12-2006, 18:08   #10
Accrington Web Mascot

I'm afraid is just the curse of clothes shopping at work again here. It is absolutely impossible to find the thing you're are actually looking for at the time........I bet you a £10, that the first time you go shopping after your works do, you spot the perfect top without even looking!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 20:53   #11
Resting in Peace

SLINKY !! You need taking in hand. !!

Will never find something that is in your head .. why grey ?? Grey, although can look good with many oufits is what it says it is just bloody 'GREY'.

Silver looks great with turquoise, purples, violets, whites, etc., and that lovely pampas colour that is out at the moment. So get yourself back to Debenhams in Blackburn and look through all the Oasis, Warehouse, Richards, Wallis and particularly Jane Norman (best tops on the market at the moment).

With your colouring and figure .. all the above would look stunning on you ... so girl gal go. Where's Trinny and Suzanne when you need them ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 21:29   #12
Senior Member+

Hiya Slinky, well what can i say i wouldnt bother with preston i have spent the whole day roaming town looking for something for rebecca to wear to her xmas party at school and yep you got it not a dam thing for a 7-8 year old girl!! i had the same problem yesterday and i found something and it didnt fit her so i had to take it back and start again today and i ended up getting her something totally different to what i wanted and it just looks thrown together but its tough her party is on Friday and i have jacks play tomorrow so i havent got time.
Old 14-12-2006, 04:52   #13
Resting in Peace

Mummiboo your mum and me found some nice party dresses for Becca in the GEORGE shop have a look
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2006, 11:52   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
SLINKY !! You need taking in hand. !!

Will never find something that is in your head .. why grey ?? Grey, although can look good with many oufits is what it says it is just bloody 'GREY'.

Silver looks great with turquoise, purples, violets, whites, etc., and that lovely pampas colour that is out at the moment. So get yourself back to Debenhams in Blackburn and look through all the Oasis, Warehouse, Richards, Wallis and particularly Jane Norman (best tops on the market at the moment).

With your colouring and figure .. all the above would look stunning on you ... so girl gal go. Where's Trinny and Suzanne when you need them ?

Thanks Katex.......I was only going for grey/silver because the Jeans are dark blue with a white and silvery belt and the Jeans have like a silvery glitter on them!!!

But I know what you mean! I'm gonna have to have a look at some different colors I think........I will keep in mind the colors you have suggested and let you know

What is Pampas color by the way??

Miracles do happen!!

Old 14-12-2006, 11:56   #15
God Member

I may be wrong slinks but I think pampas might be cream area
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..