Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2012, 13:59   #16
Super Moderator

Re: Load of balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What hoops did you have dance through to get in Steve? I can't stand being an outsider with my nose pressed against the glass.
Maybe you ARE in the click, Margaret? I didn't know I was until Mr D told me I was!
Old 16-04-2012, 14:06   #17
I am Banned

Quote:
What hoops did you have dance through to get in Steve? I can't stand being an outsider with my nose pressed against the glass.
Don't worry so much Margaret, we had a secret meeting in the telephone box at the bottom of Adelaide St, at midnight, and you are now an official member of the clique/click, but don't tell any one, its a secret, known only to the other members of the clique/click.
Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 14:14   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I have been here for a while, I have seen people come and people go.

Is anyone after changing AccyWeb? Some new members might not know how forums work, and feel bullied, having comments directed at them with some nice red Karma.

As it was me who mentioned Click recently first (Surprising how one little word has made it into so many other threads) I was only having a laugh with a Click member as he posted he was waiting for it to come. Seems alot of peole (same ones usually) get all defensive.

Happen its the fact anyone doesn't agree with certain members or has a view point they cant understand the insults start, the red starts to flow and this is usually done in a pack like fashion.
Perhaps you n Kestrelx are in this clique/click MrD? and doing what is commonly known as "Shifting The Spotlight" Cos the outsiders would never know.
Old 16-04-2012, 14:30   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I have been here for a while, I have seen people come and people go.

Is anyone after changing AccyWeb? Some new members might not know how forums work, and feel bullied, having comments directed at them with some nice red Karma.

As it was me who mentioned Click recently first (Surprising how one little word has made it into so many other threads) I was only having a laugh with a Click member as he posted he was waiting for it to come. Seems alot of peole (same ones usually) get all defensive.

Happen its the fact anyone doesn't agree with certain members or has a view point they cant understand the insults start, the red starts to flow and this is usually done in a pack like fashion.
I don't think AccWeb needs changing ... it changes all the time without any formal efforts at revamping. In fact, I really don't think one should think of it as a "thing" ... more like a bunch of folks getting together and talking about "stuff" ... Sure there are some on here I like more than others. That doesn't, however, mean that I have to agree with them all the time. Some, I agree with only once in a blue moon.

One thing that particularly irks me though is ridiculing an argument merely because of the person who is making it ... that would be ad hominem for those of you folks who have benefited from the joys of Latin. There again, we have to allow that there are different personalities on here, different ways of dealing with things. Personally, I like an argument, especially as I know that I am always right. I also happen to think tha C'mon and Mancie are right most of the time. They keep on posting. Maybe they haven't quite reached my level of perfection, but they keep on posting and don't whine.

The red karma issue is not something I give much thought to. I don't recall ever giving any; but, if some wish to use it ... not my problem, eh.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 20:45   #20

Less, really what is your obsession with balls?
PM01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 20:52   #21
Senior Member+

She has a point less.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 00:25   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
She has a point less.
Maybe he's related to Mr. Banglestein
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 06:16   #23
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM01 View Post
Allow me to ask a question.

Let us first look into a couple of facts,
I have put over 8,000 posts on site, (not including the hundreds more that are in anything goes which aren't included towards post count), of which I doubt that a hundred posts have a reference to balls, not a very high percentage really is it?
You however have put 40 posts on site of which about four have been about me, that's 10% of your total.

And you call me obsessive? What does that make you?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 06:52   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Allow me to ask a question.

Let us first look into a couple of facts,
I have put over 8,000 posts on site, (not including the hundreds more that are in anything goes which aren't included towards post count), of which I doubt that a hundred posts have a reference to balls, not a very high percentage really is it?
You however have put 40 posts on site of which about four have been about me, that's 10% of your total.

And you call me obsessive? What does that make you?
I think that qualifies as stalking Less
Old 17-04-2012, 07:28   #25

Amused...
PM01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 12:31   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Way hey! Official confirmation from Mr D - I'm a click member!
Just a member I was sure you had rank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Perhaps you n Kestrelx are in this clique/click MrD? and doing what is commonly known as "Shifting The Spotlight" Cos the outsiders would never know.
Now that's funny, I was actually being called a double agent the other day, they believe I am a member of the click.
Old 17-04-2012, 13:31   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
There are two he holds very dear.

Johnny, and his lovely daughter Zoë.

It's nice to have friends.

Especially more than a handful.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 16:50   #28

Quote:
Oh and don't forget Less...if it isn't the Accyweb Clique(click for those who prefer that word - though it is wrong), it is the Accyweb Mafia.
I don't know how long you have to have been a member before you are drafted into the Accyweb Mafia - or maybe you have to have some other qualifying skill.
Whatever it is - I'm not in either!
Margaret, as I live in Sicily and know all about the Mafia!! Can I join this 'clique?

Joking apart, what have I missed? who has been naughty?. I, personally love this this http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...right.gifforum, I get more news from it than I do from my family in Ossie
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 17:12   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Amused...
Delighted you are
Old 17-04-2012, 17:26   #30
Senior Member+

One of the things I like about this site is all the people that have moved away that still have a soft spot for the place and still post here on the forum.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..