Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2012, 21:57   #16
Senior Member+

Re: 3D TV is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Why subscribe to Sky, when there is a satelite in the same orbit called FreeSat, a good 75% of what you pay for on sky is FREE on FreeSat. The only person in this house who watches sky is faceache, and thats only because she hasn't learnt how to operate the FreeSat zapper, it will take her at lest another 12 months, when we first got a remote controlled tele she would only watch one channel, when I asked what you watchin that rubbish for, "how do you change channel" , took ages for 1,2,3 & 4 to sink in. I record programs for her on FreeSat, then when she wants to watch one I switch on,set the program running,then hide the zapper because as sure as trees grow little apples she'l press the wrong button.
i tend to watch online/dload most of my viewing
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2012, 21:57   #17
Senior Member+

We hve freesat as well . You can get free HD programs on there.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 22:01   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
We hve freesat as well . You can get free HD programs on there.
main reason i have virgin, is because i have the phone line (that nobody uses cos we all have mobiles, so when it rings you KNOW its nuisance calls, i dont eve know the number), top broadband, so all the channels bar sports n movies, cost me about £7 a month extra
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 22:02   #19
God Member

I have only watched two hours of TV all week -
New Tricks and Who do you Think You Are.

If my Tv goes kaput I wont buy another.
I begrudge paying for a licence for mostly junk.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 09:05   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
just about to watch titanic in 3d, have had tv about 18 months, now i'm lucky if i watch the 3d, once a month now, does anyone else have one, and if so how much/what do you watch?
I've had one two years and I never watch it these days except for special programs, think the last program I watched was on on the Discovery Channel about Meerkats, a few months ago, but gave up on football ages ago, its a pain having to watch it with glasses on. Just waiting for a TV to come out that you don't need glasses, but at the right price

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..