Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oswaldtwistle (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f103/)
-   -   The Palladium. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f103/the-palladium-22387.html)

garinda 15-06-2006 12:20

The Palladium.

Just heard on the grapevine that the Palladium has been bought by Ossy Mills who plan to turn it into a hotel.

No other confirmation but heard it from a good source.

If it's true that will be good news for what has been a major blot on the landscape for mamy years.

Gayle 15-06-2006 12:25

Re: The Palladium.

Funny, because two weeks ago the owners were saying that they would never sell it because they wanted to develop it into flats.

Someone I know was enquiring because they wanted to buy it themselves to restore it to its former glory.

Oh, well as long as something is happening with it I'll be happy!

garinda 15-06-2006 12:28

Hotel, flats, a theatre, I just hope it's true.

It seems ages ago since it was last open as a bingo hall/asian cinema.

The tree growing in the guttering is taller than me.:D

harwood red 15-06-2006 12:44

I'd heard that they were turned down for planning permission for flats so thats prob why they have decided to sell it on!!!

Doug 15-06-2006 17:56

I was up there on Saturday I couldn’t believe the state of the place I can remember better days. Hope things work out for the area.

Margaret Pilkington 15-06-2006 18:04

It would be brilliant news if it were to be turned into a hotel......what a lift it would give to Ossie.

Gayle 15-06-2006 19:36

Yes, because we have a huge problem with tourists not finding anywhere to stay. :D

Doug 15-06-2006 19:53

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle
Yes, because we have a huge problem with tourists not finding anywhere to stay. :D

Not surprising really…….There’s some desolate scenes to be had for the album. It’s going to take a massive injection of cash, time and years of commitment to turn the area around. I was over Saturday and again Sunday afternoon. Sunday was with the intention of doing some shopping but most of the shops were closed by 1.30 pm, not good if HBC want to promote tourism. :D :rolleyes:

Gayle 15-06-2006 19:57

I was being facetious!

WillowTheWhisp 15-06-2006 19:59

We've been wondering about those 4 houses Doug and why all else has been demolished around them. Does anybody know why those have been left standing?

Good to hear something is to be done with the Palladium at last.

Doug 15-06-2006 20:01

Quote:

I was being facetious!

I Know..............:D :D :D

Doug 15-06-2006 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
We've been wondering about those 4 houses Doug and why all else has been demolished around them. Does anybody know why those have been left standing?

Good to hear something is to be done with the Palladium at last.

I don’t know Willow; I thought it was a little strange. I would have gone over for a closer look and a dig around, but Joyce wouldn’t let me. I’d love to get on the site with a bobcat and a metal detector; there must be hundreds of year worth of interesting odds and ends that have been dropped over the years. Where was the nearest pit? Maybe there worried about the stability of the ground.

Gayle 15-06-2006 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
Not surprising really…….There’s some desolate scenes to be had for the album. It’s going to take a massive injection of cash, time and years of commitment to turn the area around. I was over Saturday and again Sunday afternoon. Sunday was with the intention of doing some shopping but most of the shops were closed by 1.30 pm, not good if HBC want to promote tourism. :D :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where those houses are, where are they?

Doug 15-06-2006 20:22

Quote:

I'm not sure where those houses are, where are they?

Bloody hell Gayle, do you not get out much these days. Around up by Rutland and the like. I use to stay at a house on Rutland during the late 70s. Not Ossey I know but I was being facetious when I posted them....:)

katex 16-06-2006 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
Just heard on the grapevine that the Palladium has been bought by Ossy Mills who plan to turn it into a hotel.

No other confirmation but heard it from a good source.

If it's true that will be good news for what has been a major blot on the landscape for mamy years.

Sorry Garinda, not true ..