Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oswaldtwistle (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f103/)
-   -   bike thief (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f103/bike-thief-34935.html)

broadhurst7173 19-11-2007 12:29

bike thief

my son left his bike outside the spar on thwaites road on sat evening and when he came out some litle git had stolen it, just want you to be aware then it doesnt happen to you, he bought the bike back in june out of his own money, he spent his birthday money and a bit of spending money on that bike, it was his pride and joy, his dad went out looking for it but it was long gone, i hope i dont bump into anyone on it because i wont be responsible for what i might do.

emamum 19-11-2007 12:32

Re: bike thief

hiya, sorry to hear about the bike... can you post a description so that the accyweb members can keep an eye out for it?

fc:stanley 19-11-2007 12:39

couple of weeks ago my brothers bike got nicked and its a silver bmw with a little blue on it. I heard of the police officer alot had been stollen around accrington , so beware!

emamum 19-11-2007 12:40

probably somebodies christmas present now..........

flashy 19-11-2007 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 495669)
couple of weeks ago my brothers bike got nicked and its a silver bmw with a little blue on it. I heard of the police officer alot had been stollen around accrington , so beware!

your brother drives a car bike :eek: or did you mean BMX?

fc:stanley 19-11-2007 12:59

hehe hes only 11 so i dont think he can drive lol :D Yes i ment bmx :) :) lol!

BERNADETTE 19-11-2007 14:04

I am forever telling my grandson off for leaving his while he gets me to open the back door. These thieving gits are just waiting for the chance to pounce!!

mallard 19-11-2007 18:32

I hope you get it back,its the same were i live i went in to a shop on the main road for a paper and some kids or should i say teenager,s tryed to nick my weel chair but i was just comeing out of the door.

sarah 21-11-2007 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadhurst7173 (Post 495667)
my son left his bike outside the spar on thwaites road on sat evening and when he came out some litle git had stolen it, just want you to be aware then it doesnt happen to you, he bought the bike back in june out of his own money, he spent his birthday money and a bit of spending money on that bike, it was his pride and joy, his dad went out looking for it but it was long gone, i hope i dont bump into anyone on it because i wont be responsible for what i might do.

An unfortunate reminder then to others to not leave their bike unattended at anytime unless left secure.

Hope you have some joy in seeing its' return.

broadhurst7173 21-11-2007 19:44

bike long gone, been looking but the scum have probably sold it on for a few pence.

Stanleymad 21-11-2007 19:46

Has the spar got cctv???

broadhurst7173 22-11-2007 17:10

didnt think of that, i know they have inside but not sure about outside, worth a try, thanks.

derekgas 22-11-2007 18:39

I had similar, I have been renovating the garden, when we moved in, the privets at the back prevented people driving to thier driveways, so I cut them down, now they can see the garden, somebody nicked the new green wheelbarrow, then 3 days later, a two wheeled red sack barrow, with a cover over the bars (used for moving flags) was taken, Funnily enough, the 'scrap men' in a white front, and blue flat back transit, had just been round on both occasions.

broadhurst7173 23-11-2007 07:36

yeah, they are round a lot, but it wasnt them this time,lol. it was just after tea when his was stolen.

grannyclaret 23-11-2007 10:25

If you took your false teeth out ,someone would knick them these days,,..i do hope you get your bike back but i wouldent hold my breath:mad::(