Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oswaldtwistle (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f103/)
-   -   Steeling From Children - How Low Can People Get? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f103/steeling-from-children-how-low-can-people-get-47846.html)

Neil 12-06-2009 09:32

Steeling From Children - How Low Can People Get?

Oswaldtwistle school PTA treasurer on £2,000 theft charge (From Blackburn Citizen)

How can you steel from children? That money is used to help fund school trips and she stole it for herself.

I bet she gets off with some pathetic punishment in court. I would give her 1000 hours community service cleaning the school grounds. She would have to face the parents of the children she stole from then on a daily basis.

jaysay 12-06-2009 10:09

Re: Steeling From Children - How Low Can People Get?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 720823)
Oswaldtwistle school PTA treasurer on £2,000 theft charge (From Blackburn Citizen)

How can you steel from children? That money is used to help fund school trips and she stole it for herself.

I bet she gets off with some pathetic punishment in court. I would give her 1000 hours community service cleaning the school grounds. She would have to face the parents of the children she stole from then on a daily basis.

That and also wearing a yellow T shirt with I'm A Thief writen on it and of course paying the money back with interest:(

garinda 12-06-2009 10:41

Sadly some people can't be trusted with other people's money, whoever it rightly belongs to.

Tealeaf 12-06-2009 13:51

Blame the idiots who appointed her in the first place.

shillelagh 12-06-2009 14:13

I honestly dont know how anyone can do that.

As she was involved with the parent teachers assoc i feel sorry for her child/children who will have to go to that school everyday and have to face the other kids and teachers and they will all know what their mother has done.

flashy 12-06-2009 14:16

i was vice chair of the PTA at Reece's primary school, our treasurer was really good, mind you she had no choice really with me breathing down her neck all the time :D

but thats just bloody awful :(

Gayle 12-06-2009 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 720913)
Blame the idiots who appointed her in the first place.

How easy for you to say that. The PTA is made up of mums (can't get any dads involved - why is it that men won't help out?) and everyone is a volunteer, plus we all know each other in the playground. A couple of years ago they needed a treasurer and the person in question volunteered, no one else wanted the job, so she took over the accounts.

steeljack 12-06-2009 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 720971)
How easy for you to say that. The PTA is made up of mums (can't get any dads involved - why is it that men won't help out?) .

Probably because any man with any sense whatsoever would know the minute he volunteered to do anything involving other folks children he would be branded as a potential molester .

Less 12-06-2009 17:48

Quote:

How easy for you to say that. The PTA is made up of mums (can't get any dads involved - why is it that men won't help out?) and everyone is a volunteer, plus we all know each other in the playground. A couple of years ago they needed a treasurer and the person in question volunteered, no one else wanted the job, so she took over the accounts.

During the few times I had to look after other peoples money, I always made sure there was a witness to what I was doing, that way if I was on my own I wouldn't deal with it, therefore couldn't be tempted, the same sort of system should have been in place under these aforementioned circumstances.

But then as you ask, no men involved, Hmmm, does that mean women are less trustworthy? I know I got ripped off big time by one I trusted, could it be a natural trend?
Or maybe Dad is being left out by being the main wage earner and expects his beloved to cover for him?

Big Mistake!

Tealeaf was only stating the obvious

emamum 12-06-2009 18:44

my old boss is currently suspended because he was skimming money, he bought a kitchen for the school and one for himself, got the same builder to do the work and charged it all to the school !!

flashy 12-06-2009 18:45

Quote:

wasnt she supposed to have two people to sign for cheques Gayle? Sarah who did ours had to have two signatures...we also had a bloke on the pta, he was very good too

Neil 12-06-2009 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 720990)
wasnt she supposed to have two people to sign for cheques Gayle? Sarah who did ours had to have two signatures...we also had a bloke on the pta, he was very good too

This bit from the paper explains

Quote:

Police said Marie Janette Holmes – who also goes by her married name Janette Studholme – is alleged to have forged cheques to take cash from bank accounts linked to St Mary’s Roman Catholic Primary School, Oswaldtwistle, and its PTA.

flashy 12-06-2009 19:37

yeah i realised that Neil

Neil 12-06-2009 19:40

Its not hard when she holds the cheque book to sign both names.

Its how she thought she would get away with it that amazes me.

flashy 12-06-2009 19:44

horrible woman deserves to go to prison