Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oswaldtwistle (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f103/)
-   -   Stonebridge lane waterfall (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f103/stonebridge-lane-waterfall-62449.html)

Rob249 17-09-2012 14:05

Stonebridge lane waterfall

Anyone walked past the waterfall at stonebridge lane recently.I went past the other morning, the whole path at the side has more or less been washed into the brook, itl be cut off before long.

Judith Addison 18-09-2012 21:40

Re: Stonebridge lane waterfall

I report this from time to time to Engineers' Dept. at Hyndburn Borough Council and they in turn report to the Environment Agency. I'll go and have a look and let them know of your concerns.

Neil 18-09-2012 22:34

Who is responsible for repairing the damage Judith?
I know the nettles that had overgrown the path have been cut down in the last week or so.

jaysay 19-09-2012 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1017340)
Who is responsible for repairing the damage Judith?
I know the nettles that had overgrown the path have been cut down in the last week or so.

Nearly sure its the Environments agency Neil, don't think its HBC, unless things have changed

Neil 19-09-2012 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1017374)
Nearly sure its the Environments agency Neil, don't think its HBC, unless things have changed

Its so confusing as to who is responsible for what.

jaysay 19-09-2012 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1017383)
Its so confusing as to who is responsible for what.

I know when Sandra first got on the council back in 88 nearly sure it was the Rivers Authority who had responsibility Neil, but I think that's changed, but I don't think its HBC

Rob249 19-09-2012 15:45

Spoke to Enviroment agency earlier today and it is up to the council to fix it according to what they told me, hence the reason why nothing has been done.

jaysay 19-09-2012 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob249 (Post 1017507)
Spoke to Enviroment agency earlier today and it is up to the council to fix it according to what they told me, hence the reason why nothing has been done.

Which one County or local?

Rob249 20-09-2012 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1017526)
Which one County or local?

Im not sure they didn't say whether it was county or local, they just said they would be sending someone to have a look at it.

Judith Addison 27-09-2012 11:37

I have had the following reply regarding the river banking from an engineer at Hyndburn Borough Council -

"The Environment Agency have approved my proposal to repair the river bank next to the weir. The project has now been sent out to contractors to submit a Tender. Tenders are due back on Fri 12th October so work should start on site early November."

Re the general untidy condition of the site - a resident of Mallard Place complained a number of weeks ago and brought photos of the site when first developed in 1985 to the Area Council office. Hyndburn Borough Council Parks Department have no resources to restore the site to its original condition. They suggested I contact Community Payback. One of their officers, based at Burnley, met me on site two or three weeks ago but she deemed the site unsuitable for their teams to work on from a health and safety point of view, due to the danger presented to unqualified workers by the brook. At the time the water level was high and fast-flowing due to all the recent rain. Is there any funding you could access, Neil?