Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Hall Of Fame (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f120/)
-   -   davey jones (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f120/davey-jones-31283.html)

spignific 10-06-2007 02:21

davey jones

the late davey jones from the monkeys.he's from manchester but lived in accrington for a while :)

maxwell silver 10-06-2007 04:53

Re: davey jones

The late:confused:When did he go then?

spignific 10-06-2007 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwell silver (Post 433333)
The late:confused:When did he go then?

he died about 5 years ago.i have now noticed that mr jones has already been discussed on this forum.dozy me :ohmy8:

katex 10-06-2007 11:13

LOL Spignific, just googled and seems he made some sort of recording last year .. wondered if it was played on a harp ? :D

Gayle 10-06-2007 12:55

I watched a very recent docu on the Monkees a couple of days ago - I think he's still alive and kicking.

garinda 10-06-2007 13:13

According to his offical website, he's still with us, and still monkeying around, and has a tour planned for the Autumn.:D

Official Davy Jones Website

WillowTheWhisp 10-06-2007 14:41

I think if he read this thread he'd feel inclined to quote Mark Twain. :D

garinda 10-06-2007 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 433433)
I think if he read this thread he'd feel inclined to quote Mark Twain. :D

Rumours of my playing the grandson of Ena Sharples in Coronation Street, are greatly exaggerated?:D

WillowTheWhisp 10-06-2007 22:36

:D No, unfortunately that bit was true. :D

It has just occurred to me perhaps you read an article somewhere spignific, where it said "Davy Jones, late of the Monkees" and misunderstood the meaning?

steeljack 15-06-2007 01:03

Can confirm he's still live and kicking , just watched a live interview with him on one of the news channels , seems there is a bit of controversy brewing about wether the Monkees should be inducted into the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" or not , seems a lot of folks in the music business think they should be illegible since they were an industry manufactured group like the Partridge family/Milli Vanilli et al ........

:rolleyes::D

cashman 15-06-2007 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 435304)
Can confirm he's still live and kicking , just watched a live interview with him on one of the news channels , seems there is a bit of controversy brewing about wether the Monkees should be inducted into the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" or not , seems a lot of folks in the music business think they should be illegible since they were an industry manufactured group like the Partridge family/Milli Vanilli et al ........

:rolleyes::D

you are correct steeljack, as for the controversy no-way should they be accepted into the Hall of Fame.

WillowTheWhisp 15-06-2007 07:42

They may well have started out as a 'manufactured' creation for a TV show but they did produce some very decent stuff in their own right and they did play their own musical instruments contrary to popular opinion which is more than can be said for a lot of today's boy 'bands'

Where do you draw the line at 'creation' anyway. Is a band which gets together through adverts in the music papers by singers, drummers and guitarists any less valid than a group of lads jamming together at Uni or any more valid than a group which was formed from auditions for a role in a TV show?

cashman 16-06-2007 00:33

i draw the line at creation at rocknroll, for induction into the rocknroll hall of fame. noway anyone can claim the monkees are/were rocknroll, personally didnt mind them as a fun/type music band, but thats as far as it goes.:)

Aromaanne 16-06-2007 10:50

Davy Jones sister Hazel used to live on the same road as us and if he visited her, there were always loadsof young lasses parading up and down the road hoping to get a glimpse of him. That was quite a time ago in their heyday!!! Even up to a few years ago, Hazel´s husband Ken Wilkinson(former copper) used to go over to the states as a roadie for him so he was still performing in shows all over America.Originally he was from Manchester area.

cashman 16-06-2007 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aromaanne (Post 435620)
Davy Jones sister Hazel used to live on the same road as us and if he visited her, there were always loadsof young lasses parading up and down the road hoping to get a glimpse of him. That was quite a time ago in their heyday!!! Even up to a few years ago, Hazel´s husband Ken Wilkinson(former copper) used to go over to the states as a roadie for him so he was still performing in shows all over America.Originally he was from Manchester area.

you mean same avenue,i suspect aromaanne lol, used to babysit with a girl i was going with at the time, mind Hazel was not aware.:D