Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Hall Of Fame (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f120/)
-   -   Lee Holden. Contemporary artist. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f120/lee-holden-contemporary-artist-34814.html)

garinda 13-11-2007 21:35

Lee Holden. Contemporary artist.

I knew Cashman's son was an artist, but it wasn't until tonight, when he popped round for a brew and one of our meandering chats, that he mentioned that his son has received the patronage of Bjork, as well as internationally famous Pop artist Peter Blake, amongst others, that the penny dropped that Hyndburn has produced someone who is making waves on the international contemporary art scene.

Here are a few sites which I found, which talk about him and his installations. Hopefully there'll be more soon, as Cashman told me Lee is about to have a new solo exhibition in Austria in the New Year.

Sartorial Contemporary Art

BBC - collective - half life review and image gallery

http://www.fieldgategallery.com/fiel...ldenhalf1.html

Hope you don't mind me doing this Cashy.

I know you're proud of your lad, but I think his success is worth noting here as well.

cashman 27-01-2008 23:23

Re: Lee Holden. Contemporary artist.

hes in Austria now to sort out his exhibition which starts Feb1-April 6th, its on a website called Magazin4 if anyones interested.;)

garinda 27-01-2008 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 522888)
hes in Austria now to sort out his exhibition which starts Feb1-April 6th, its on a website called Magazin4 if anyones interested.;)

..and here it is, translated from the German.:D

Translated version of http://www.bregenzerkunstverein.at/

cashman 28-01-2008 13:23

cheers mate,as you know i am too numb to put that link up.:D;)

katex 28-01-2008 16:53

Pat on the back for Cashy's son ... :thumbsup: Good to see a local lad do well.

This just gotta' be the milkmans..LOL

Margaret Pilkington 28-01-2008 19:57

Well Done Lee.
While it may not be my particular taste in art, it is still to be applauded

mrskitty 29-01-2008 12:48

Wow,Well done Lee :thumbsup:

you kept that under your hat Cashy :eek:

Wynonie Harris 29-01-2008 22:01

Well, done, Lee, nice to see an Accy lad making a name for himself in the world of modern art. I'm sure his dad's very proud!

Sara 30-01-2008 17:48

Just had a look on the sites, well done Lee. You must be so proud of him Cashy.

derekgas 19-02-2008 19:07

Cashy, you have talent in the family, where that come from then? The missus? Cheek!! I'm sure your very proud and don't give a monkey's where it came from so long as it's there!

Tealeaf 22-02-2008 14:33

One only has to meet Cashy to realise what a fine artist he himself is.

cashman 22-02-2008 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 534837)
One only has to meet Cashy to realise what a fine artist he himself is.

Ex-Artist Tealeaf..........and not of the painting variety.:D

entwisi 18-08-2008 00:40

I missed this thread originally but something popped up in another thread that prompted me to look for this one.

I worked with Lee for a couple of years at the Brit, He was then absolutely 200% commited to his art. I recall having chats about what he was going to do for a job after college and he genuinely hadn't thought beyond art. He was a character even back then and instantly made his mark in peoples lives.

He was then and I'm sure still is a really nice bloke.

Well done Cashy, Not too sure where all that talent came from :D

cashman 26-11-2008 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 620251)
I missed this thread originally but something popped up in another thread that prompted me to look for this one.

I worked with Lee for a couple of years at the Brit, He was then absolutely 200% commited to his art. I recall having chats about what he was going to do for a job after college and he genuinely hadn't thought beyond art. He was a character even back then and instantly made his mark in peoples lives.

He was then and I'm sure still is a really nice bloke.

Well done Cashy, Not too sure where all that talent came from :D

should think thats obvious entwisi..................the Milkman:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:;)

garinda 03-02-2010 10:47

'Lee Holden himself would be the first to admit he brings much baggage from the English provinces, not the least of which is a broad, seemingly impermeable Lancastrian accent, that bluntly conveys the raw particularities of place, or to pursue the theme, a microcosmic localised world far removed from the glitzy and hectic pace of the London art scene. Paradoxically though Holden is also an artist of the “East End”, especially in terms of his installation décor that is consistently based on a kind of intrepid scrounger’s skidrow aesthetic which ties in with this. The softer pastures of West London seem quite remote in his output.'
Skids and Spin Offs: The World of Lee Holden