Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Hall Of Fame (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f120/)
-   -   Bonzo Dog Doodah Band (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f120/bonzo-dog-doodah-band-63202.html)

Bob Dobson 27-12-2012 14:00

Bonzo Dog Doodah Band

It has been suggested to me that a pianist in this band came from Accrington and attebned the Grammar School before leaving for Kirkham (?) Grammar. Who is he if this is the case?

susie123 27-12-2012 14:16

Re: Bonzo Dog Doodah Band

From what I can gather from the www, Bob, the only pianist the Bonzos ever had was Neil Innes who is from Essex.

It seems that three of the band members are at present touring with a pianist called Dave Glasson, can't find out where he comes from.

anzac 27-12-2012 14:48

Dave Glasson was from Accrington and did attend the Grammar School.

What's on: Three Bonzos And A Piano (From Lancashire Telegraph)

susie123 27-12-2012 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by anzac (Post 1034417)
Dave Glasson was from Accrington and did attend the Grammar School.

What's on: Three Bonzos And A Piano (From Lancashire Telegraph)

There's your answer Bob, well spotted Anzac.

Btw the music teacher in the article was Mrs Serjeant not Sergeant and why can't folks spell MORECAMBE correctly? This year on our Christmas cards we've had Morcambe, Morecombe, Morcombe etc. Grrr.

Bob Dobson 27-12-2012 16:08

Thanks Anzac. I am in touch with him and his brother. I will try to post summat on him soon in Famous Accringtonians

Less 27-12-2012 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1034421)
There's your answer Bob, well spotted Anzac.

Btw the music teacher in the article was Mrs Serjeant not Sergeant and why can't folks spell MORECAMBE correctly? This year on our Christmas cards we've had Morcambe, Morecombe, Morcombe etc. Grrr.

How ungrateful, they bothered to spend the money on posting you a greeting and all you can do is be picky about the spelling of a third rate seaside resorts name.
I hope they don't invest in a road atlas and make the mistake of visiting you, you old grump!
:D

Even worse for them if they buy a sat nav with an American accent, it would be announced as Morry kam Be.:)

susie123 27-12-2012 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1034438)
How ungrateful, they bothered to spend the money on posting you a greeting and all you can do is be picky about the spelling of a third rate seaside resorts name.
I hope they don't invest in a road atlas and make the mistake of visiting you, you old grump!
:D

Even worse for them if they buy a sat nav with an American accent, it would be announced as Morry kam Be.:)

You say the sweetest things!

You're right Less, I am grumpy today. Good job I'm not planning to visit Acrinton in the near future, I can't find my Bah Humbug hat.:p

lancsdave 27-12-2012 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1034442)
I can't find my Bah Humbug hat.:p

Not a problem, we sell the t-shirts :)

susie123 27-12-2012 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1034445)
Not a problem, we sell the t-shirts :)

I'll have two for next year, my other half could do with one too. I'm surprised there hasn't been a murder in Morecambe this Christmas on my part the way he's just not been listening to me all week. Think I've been very restrained.

janloot 27-12-2012 22:40

getting back to the bonzo dog doo da band i remember seeing them at the rose grove caberet club, and if my memorys right, i had a very good night out,

widnes viking 29-12-2012 16:36

The Bonzo Dog Doo Da Band featured on BBC3 a couple of nights ago when they showed a 1 hour documentary on the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour film followed by the film itself. The band played on a stage accompanying a stripper!