Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Internet Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f122/)
-   -   wireless in accy (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f122/wireless-in-accy-24839.html)

crimson 12-10-2006 18:01

wireless in accy

hi-
does anyone know the best place to get free wireless access in the city centre area of accy? i'm visiting soon and need to keep myself occupied during the workday til my b/f gets home from work. thank you

Mick 12-10-2006 19:32

Re: wireless in accy

You could use the library its free

Roy 12-10-2006 20:13

I believe the Whitakers pub on Burnley Road now supply free wireless, apart from that nearly every street here has un-official un-secured wireless networks that you could connect to :)

andrewb 14-10-2006 08:36

There is BT openzone wifi blanket across broadway, although this will cost you, but I think you can pay for just a day rather than take out a monthly sub..

entwisi 14-10-2006 22:07

We really need to get wifi sorted in this country for it to take off properly.

I'd be happy to pay a small fee for a decent coverage(as my pone has it I often like to check stuff)

crimson 18-10-2006 19:20

ohhhh thank you all for your help!

Neal 19-10-2006 15:48

Where I live, I have a choice of 4 wireless networks to connect to, 1 is always on.

People are so silly not to enable the basic security, god knows what other places are like.

Neil 19-10-2006 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by crimson
does anyone know the best place to get free wireless access in the city centre area of accy?

I don't think you will have a problem getting reception on your wireless in most parts of Accy. We have several local stations you should be able to get like 97.4 Rock FM, 105.4 Century FM, 99.8 2BR and 107 The Bee. I would not bother with Radio Lancashire if I was you. You don't have to pay for any of these. Do you have to pay where you live?

Less 19-10-2006 16:02

The quiz machine in the Last orders B'burn Rd is supposed to be connected for wi-fi, but mick won't risk taking his laptop to find out.

I wouldn't recommend going there alone Mick and I might be there, (yes I know it's not the greatest pub, but it's the only reasonable one within walking distance now the Stag has closed:( ).

accymel 19-10-2006 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr
There is BT openzone wifi blanket across broadway, although this will cost you, but I think you can pay for just a day rather than take out a monthly sub..

Is that what that bt openzone wifi is:confused:

entwisi 19-10-2006 19:16

yes, openzone is public wifi (although you have to pay to use it)

accymel 19-10-2006 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi
yes, openzone is public wifi (although you have to pay to use it)

I get 250 mins free:D

Tinkerbelle 19-10-2006 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel
I get 250 mins free:D

Do I then? :confused: If yes WTF is it? :confused: lol? ........ and also why do I pay for things that I don't even know how to use? (answers on a postcard please) :o

accymel 19-10-2006 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Do I then? :confused: If yes WTF is it? :confused: lol? ........ and also why do I pay for things that I don't even know how to use? (answers on a postcard please) :o

Yes its included:D tho not sure if its one off free addition or every month tho:D its a minefield of technological additions with bt atm lol

entwisi 19-10-2006 20:02

what gives you 250 mins free mel? You would need either a wifi enabled laptop/PDA/phone to use it