Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Internet Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f122/)
-   -   PropR inglish lyk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f122/propr-inglish-lyk-25498.html)

silvermain 02-11-2006 19:30

PropR inglish lyk

Y du sum ppl talk lyk dis on da comp? Du u get mor respec 4 it lyk???? me finks its jus pafetic!!!111!!!!!11

PS Dont mean to have a rant but just had a right loon on my MSN who talked like that and i just wondered why. Rant over.

WillowTheWhisp 02-11-2006 19:32

Re: PropR inglish lyk

It's horrendous isn't it? My kids talk like that on MSN. Who do they think they are, Ali G? I find it takes twice as long to read.

silvermain 02-11-2006 19:33

yea me mate

maxwell silver 02-11-2006 19:38

It's a sign of laziness,bad education & the fact that text messaging has a lot to answer for.The english language is changing,like it has over the centuries,but like everything else these days,at an alarming rate.And not necessarily for the better.Or simply todays yoof were'nt taught how to use adictionary.:(

Less 02-11-2006 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermain
Y du sum ppl talk lyk dis on da comp? Du u get mor respec 4 it lyk???? me finks its jus pafetic!!!111!!!!!11

PS Dont mean to have a rant but just had a right loon on my MSN who talked like that and i just wondered why. Rant over.

Oh heck your in trouble now, plain english is all thats allowed on accyweb, just you wait until Mick logs on! If there is one thing that upsets him it's people that ignore this particular rule, even Roy can't sneak on and practice his Russian, well it's been nice knowing you.:D

I know exactly what you mean though, text has it's uses on a mobile with a small compact set of keys, but when we have the large standard type of keyboard that is available on a computer, there isn't any need to use the short cut English.:engsmil:

andrewb 04-11-2006 16:38

I blame Nokia. :(

The people that talk like this on msn tend to have a load of those custom emotes for every word too so the whole thing is horrible to read. I just tell it straight, talk properly damnit!

I usualy just delete people who are the worst offenders, it takes me too long to understand what they're saying :(

shakermaker 04-11-2006 22:51

Slade & T-Rex were talking like that in the 70's.
It's nothing new.

WillowTheWhisp 05-11-2006 01:36

My kids have the custom emoticons too so when they say "yes" you get a nodding dog or something. But that also crops up when thy say "yesterday" so you get 'nodding dog'terday! It drives me mad!

Kisser 06-11-2006 17:52

It was in the paper the other day that some text speak will be accepted in examinations!

cherokee 06-11-2006 18:19

what next??...................

Less 06-11-2006 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee
what next??...................

If you had written,

WT NX??

You would probably have got an A+ for your English Language GCSE results!:D

WillowTheWhisp 06-11-2006 18:29

Tell me it isn't true, please, please tell me it isn't true :w00t:

cherokee 06-11-2006 18:30

Probably Less nothing beyond surprise this day and age lol

Stanaccy 06-11-2006 18:55

It has been mooted that it could be allowed but they would get marked down when they were marked.

The reason was why should someone be totally penalised for knowing the answer but not putting across correctly. Makes sense if you were rushing at the end I suppose, but I think text speak stinks and I refuse to answer e-mails written in it.

Mick 07-11-2006 07:17

And it wont be allowed on here even if you do have a G. C. E. in it:p