Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Church (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/)
-   -   Area around Stag Pub (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/area-around-stag-pub-5395.html)

Atarah 28-08-2004 22:57

Area around Stag Pub

2 Attachment(s)
Found these photos, first one taken by Owd Bert in February of this year, the second one, not so clear, but ... better than nothing. It shows the properties near The Stag Pub, in particular the County Police Station built c1882.

I never knew there had been all these buildings .....

pendy 07-09-2004 16:29

Re: Area around Stag Pub

I remember those buildings - the photograph must have been taken before the clock was put up, as there is a lamppost where it now is.

Reading from the Stag, the first shop front was Libbertons Printworks, the second was the Darby & Joan Club, run by the WVS. Over the frontage is carved "County Mart", can't remember the date, but it seems to have been a co-op once.

We must have been a lawless lot, to merit such a magnificent Magistrates Court and Police Station!

Does anyone know what the clock was for or to commemorate? Must have a look next time I'm there (before I go into the Stag, me eyes don't work any too well on the way out!).

George Walker 12-09-2004 16:09

hi,I remember the old police station at church.Most of the police lived in the houses
ajoining the station.As for the clock,it was payed for by Mr.Wilson who was chairman
of the church council.He lived in church all his life.On his death,his wife gave their
house which overlooked rishton to churchkirk church.The vicar at the time lived in it for sometime,then said it was not good enough thats when the vicarage on blackburn
rd,was bought.

Acrylic-bob 12-09-2004 16:37

What date would the purchase of the new Vicarage be, George?

George Walker 13-09-2004 13:46

I think the purchase of the vicarage would be early 60s.The shops along the side
of the police station were owned by the Co Op,before Libbertons.

Atarah 13-09-2004 14:05

Area around Stag Pub

1 Attachment(s)
Oh! cant find any photos of co-op in that area, but found this one on Market Street. Bit small, sorry.

George Walker 14-09-2004 11:47

There was also a Co Op on York St, at the corner of France St, i worked after school
in the butchers shop on Market St, helping to clean and take out orders.I got
2 shillings a week plus tips if i was lucky.

pendy 14-09-2004 11:54

I remember the Co-Op on York Street. I loved it. The smells of coffee, bacon and assorted good things was almost edible! I remember my mother sitting on a bentwood chair, with her order book, and Mr Watsit in his blue? overall collecting everything together, and the wonderful smell as he ground the coffee, cutting and patting the butter, and slicing the bacon ... then the boy would bring the order round in the basket on the front of his bike. Don't forget the divi slip - I had to remember two Co-Op numbers, my mothers and my aunts, and woe betide if I got them wrong! Shopping was certainly better in those days than the supermarket is now. The butchers was Charnleys in my day, Ted and Rene, did great potted meat.

staggeringman 22-09-2004 17:03

did you know the stag was built before the 1690 and the first recorded landlord was a relative of the dreaded judge walmsley

WillowTheWhisp 22-09-2004 17:52

1 Attachment(s)
This is just across the road (more or less - behind Osby as was) from the Stag. Anybody know what it was? Busman and I are intrigued. It looks like a bricked up gaol cell for very wide prisoners.

Doug 22-09-2004 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
This is just across the road (more or less - behind Osby as was) from the Stag. Anybody know what it was? Busman and I are intrigued. It looks like a bricked up gaol cell for very wide prisoners.

Nice picture Willow, very interesting and I’m certainly intrigued. May I suggest an Ice House Perhaps?

Any chance of a group of photos for this type of subject matter?

pendy 23-09-2004 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by staggeringman
did you know the stag was built before the 1690 and the first recorded landlord was a relative of the dreaded judge walmsley

In fact the Stag is a 14th century coaching inn, and the council wanted to knock it down when they redeveloped the area!! My friend Kitty, who is a member of the local history society, told me that it was only saved because in the side wall is one of the very few postboxes from Queen Victoria's time - it has VR on the box. Originally it had an arch in the middle for the coaches to drive through (the pub, not the postbox!)

At least one potential act of council vandalism averted.

staggeringman 23-09-2004 17:17

it is rumoured that oliver cromwell met with his higher ranking officers at the stag before going on to battle at preston.

Doug 23-09-2004 17:31

Quote:

it is rumoured that oliver cromwell met with his higher ranking officers at the stag before going on to battle at preston.

Oliver Cromwell was certainlyactive across the area of church before the battle of Preston, He was also rumoured to have ordered the beheading of two monks at the gate’s of Church Kirk. I must add that the tales that the heads over the door at the Kirk represent these two unfortunates are probably two early in there representation. I have some recent photos of the heads, but as always I can’t get the bl**dy things up.

WillowTheWhisp 23-09-2004 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
but as always I can’t get the bl**dy things up.

What's the problem there Doug?

Doug 23-09-2004 18:05

Quote:

What's the problem there Doug?

It's my attachments Willow..........

Their not what they use to be these days, their far to big.

staggeringman 23-09-2004 18:25

Quote:

:beer58:its a good job shes called willow and not willy

WillowTheWhisp 23-09-2004 18:27

Quote:

There's no answer to that!:p

Doug 23-09-2004 18:27

Quote:

:beer58:its a good job shes called willow and not willy

Behave you, Willows a lady? I hope........:blush8:

staggeringman 23-09-2004 18:44

Quote:

Behave you, Willows a lady? I hope........:blush8:

:confused:dont know many yet but i bet she is a nice lady:drink: never have time to sit and chat ooops to much beer:sick:

Sara 23-09-2004 20:15

Quote:

Bragging again Doug

Doug 23-09-2004 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara
Bragging again Doug

You behave.........

Sara 23-09-2004 20:18

why?????????

Doug 23-09-2004 20:21

Oh that's going to go down well?

I was simply saying I don't know how to reduce the size of my attachements.

staggeringman 24-09-2004 00:41

:drink:
Quote:

Oh that's going to go down well?

I was simply saying I don't know how to reduce the size of my attachements.

:drink:doug carry on suppin this stuff and that will work

pendy 24-09-2004 13:08

Have we wandered a bit here?

I don't know about Oliver Cromwell beheading monks outside Church Kirk - the dissolution of the monasteries was quite some time before that (under Henry VIII) so there wouldn't be too many monks around at the time, with or without large attachments, Doug. Also since the lower part of least of the church dates from probably the 9th century (if not earlier), it's unlikely to commemorate anything Old Noll did.

WillowTheWhisp 24-09-2004 13:17

That reminds me Doug, now you've got the size of your attachments under control can we see the photo of the heads?

It's funny how these 'impossible tales' circulate isn't it?

Doug 24-09-2004 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by pendy
Have we wandered a bit here?

I don't know about Oliver Cromwell beheading monks outside Church Kirk - the dissolution of the monasteries was quite some time before that (under Henry VIII) so there wouldn't be too many monks around at the time, with or without large attachments, Doug. Also since the lower part of least of the church dates from probably the 9th century (if not earlier), it's unlikely to commemorate anything Old Noll did.

Now then, I contest this wee issue of monks around the area of Church in the 1600s at the time of Cromwell.

Henry the VIII snuffed it in 1547 a clear one hundred years before old Cromwell’s time and the Battle Preston 1648. The dissolution relates to the monasteries as you pointed out. But I should advise you that the dissolution ended the monastery system, not the monks. After the reformation of the church under the Tudors the monks live on in smaller groups within the local communities providing pastoral care to the populous.

The storey does relate to Cromwell himself, but is more likely an act by one of his officers. So, to sum up. The dissolution had ****** all to do with anything and there was almost certainly monks at church in the 1640s

The tale as being attributed to Cromwell I didn’t say he did it! What I did say was “I must add that the tales that the heads over the door at the Kirk represent these two unfortunates are probably two early in there representation”. I would suggest the heads or earlier in depiction than the 1640s……

St James Church. Church Kirk. Founded 642 AD, tower dates from 1284, nave from 1804, chancel from 1856, Grade II listed.

Doug 24-09-2004 15:10

Ok Willow meet the Heads of Church Kirk. Interested individuals should refer to the previous post for further information about these chaps who where alleged to have monks beheaded by Cromwell in 1648. The carvings not that old in fact and most likely date from the 18th or early 19th century’s

WillowTheWhisp 24-09-2004 16:43

They certainly don't look very monklike.

Doug 24-09-2004 16:45

I'd say more 12th century King and Queen looking......

Acrylic-bob 24-09-2004 16:48

19th century Gothic revival.

pendy 24-09-2004 16:50

Could it be King Oswald, founder of Church Kirk and his missus? - not that anyone would know what they looked like.

Doug - hadn't we been burning Catholics for quite a long time by 1648? NOT an encouragement to hang about in monkish robes, surely?

WillowTheWhisp 24-09-2004 16:50

I agree about the King & Queen looking. Wonder who they are meant to be.

staggeringman 24-09-2004 16:51

now its back on track and doug has sorted his attachments out,i am half way through mist over pendle(good book) based on the lancashire witches.they had clergymen and they also had DOUAI`which means seminary who preached sedition in (plain english he was a priest)now at that time in the 17th century they hung,drawn and quarted priests his name was john southworth which is a popular name around lancashire.As i have told you only half way through, i am summising the two heads at the front of the church could be from priests caught in this area?

WillowTheWhisp 24-09-2004 16:53

ooh lol I was typing that just as you posted Pendy.

pendy 24-09-2004 16:56

The Southworth family lived at Salmesbury Hall between Blackburn and Preston. I think it is John Southworth who is now a Catholic saint (or is it Christopher?). The family more or less died out because all the sons went to be priests, and came to sticky ends. Bit of a wander, but information anyway.

If you liked Mist over Pendle, try Harrison Ainsworth's book "The Lancashire Witches" - same period, same people, different slant entirely

Doug 24-09-2004 16:57

Quote:

Doug - hadn't we been burning Catholics for quite a long time by 1648? NOT an encouragement to hang about in monkish robes, surely?

Never head of Priest Holes. hehehehe. I'm not going to enter a religious argument about burning our Catholic friends. But they did miss a few. I know, I married one once…..

pendy 24-09-2004 16:59

Don't mind me, my godmother dragged me off and had me baptised a Catholic - nobody asked me, so I exercised my choice when I was older. Never worried enough about religion to burn for it.

Wouldn't Church Kirk have had a vicar by then, probably a puritan one as well, since Old Noll was not keen on any form of showy stuff?

staggeringman 24-09-2004 17:00

r
Quote:

The Southworth family lived at Salmesbury Hall between Blackburn and Preston. I think it is John Southworth who is now a Catholic saint (or is it Christopher?). The family more or less died out because all the sons went to be priests, and came to sticky ends. Bit of a wander, but information anyway.

If you liked Mist over Pendle, try Harrison Ainsworth's book "The Lancashire Witches" - same period, same people, different slant entirely

:drink:read that one first, thats the one that has all the dialect in isnt it.

Bazf 24-09-2004 17:02

I know that the ghost story about the white lady at Salmesbury hall was supposed to be John Southworths daughter who died in mysterious circumstances.

pendy 24-09-2004 17:04

If John Southworth was a priest, he had no business having a daughter! That said, there were probably quite a few John Southworths, they weren't very original with names in those days. There is supposed to be a white lady, but don't know the story, except that she is supposed to wander out onto the Preston road and terrify motorists!

staggeringman 24-09-2004 17:04

Quote:

Don't mind me, my godmother dragged me off and had me baptised a Catholic - nobody asked me, so I exercised my choice when I was older. Never worried enough about religion to burn for it.

Wouldn't Church Kirk have had a vicar by then, probably a puritan one as well, since Old Noll was not keen on any form of showy stuff?

:drink:i think im a catholic......cus im alwayssss...in church DRINKING:beer58:

Tealeaf 24-09-2004 17:17

If you want a good read on this, then click on here:

http://rishton.es6.net/web/History/M.../ponthalgh.htm

This is from the Rishton website, which is very good, but mainly historical. Anyway, I'm sure they won't mind the link, considering as this bit's all about Church, anyway.

staggeringman 24-09-2004 17:50

good reading tealeaf does the church not sell a little blue bookthat contains all that information?

mez 24-09-2004 17:52

pendy / you suprise me are you JUST reading mist o'er pendle ive read it umpteen times, got some of benita moore's too.

staggeringman 24-09-2004 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by mez
pendy / you suprise me are you JUST reading mist o'er pendle ive read it umpteen times, got some of benita moore's too.

:drink:i think it was me that said i was reading the book mez, not alot of time to read more.

mez 24-09-2004 18:00

oops sorry,stag man,

Doug 25-09-2004 00:20

Pendy. I’m prepared to consider that the monks may have been priests or possible catholic lay preachers, but what ever they where I think there’s a possible link between the myth and actuality. Mr Cromwell was a puritan and he didn’t particularly like those of that persuasion did he?

So I would suggest if the nice gentleman of history did come across a couple of Monks, Priests or those of catholic faith, he may well have had it off with there heads don’t you think?...

Has anyone else heard of this tale?

Do you realise that Mr Cromwell was a puritan extremist and would have been class as a terrorist had he been alive today. And of the reformation, was that not a religious form of ethnic cleansing.

staggeringman 26-09-2004 15:46

:drink:sorry ladies and gents talked to the treasurer of the church,he told me they were put there for decoration when it was rebuilt in the 18th century.

Doug 26-09-2004 16:00

******, Where’s as the romance gone, is our history doomed to be as boring as a peace of HBC policy. Can their be no more fanciful myths born out of the distant past of this cultural back wash of the industrial revolution. Since man could fart Celts, Romans, Saxons, Danes, have walked this land. Where is our romance, our mythical past of magic and witches?

Ok then I give in. Let’s have some history about the Stag then. Any ghost’s? What about link’s with witches or highway men.

staggeringman 27-09-2004 16:15

:drink:since we have been here we have had three encouters of the spooky kind,as you already know the pub is early 15th century.Well the first encounter was when we first moved in we had just had a delivery, and the drayman said there wasnt enough room to put all the beer away so he left a 18 gallon lager in the drop. We where all sat upstairs talking and someone said did you here that?... is someone in the cellar so being the brave man as we are ...he.he. i sent the wife down to check reporting back she said there was nowt there.I went down and noticed no beer in the drop,but stood the wrong way up at the other side of the cellar.:surprise:

Tealeaf 27-09-2004 16:17

Bloody hell......that would make my hair stand on end.

staggeringman 27-09-2004 16:22

Quote:

******, Where’s as the romance gone, is our history doomed to be as boring as a peace of HBC policy. Can their be no more fanciful myths born out of the distant past of this cultural back wash of the industrial revolution. Since man could fart Celts, Romans, Saxons, Danes, have walked this land. Where is our romance, our mythical past of magic and witches?

Ok then I give in. Let’s have some history about the Stag then. Any ghost’s? What about link’s with witches or highway men.

hi doug i thought all landlords wer highwaymen, and as for witches enough said...we dont know whos reading this...he..he

staggeringman 27-09-2004 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Bloody hell......that would make my hair stand on end.

:drink:have you seen my hair style tealeaf it wouldnt stand on end if i did a hand stand in cow..dung for twelve months... :drink:

Doug 27-09-2004 16:34

Quote:

hi doug i thought all landlords wer highwaymen, and as for witches enough said...we dont know whos reading this...he..he

I had notice, I bought around the last time I was in. lol. as for the witch's say no more. I wouldn't want to cross one of them either. Lets have a bit more stag history when time allow eh?

pendy 27-09-2004 16:56

You lot leave us witches out of it - just so long as you don't try to leave us out of the pub.

I'm all for spirits - gin, scotch, etc - and a pub is definitely the right place for them.

We have more ghosts than you can shake a stick at (if you'd want to), my friend Margaret had a ghost in her garden at Stanhill, there is the Grey Lady at Dunkenhalgh, Abbot Paslew at Whalley (why do you think they walled the church off?), and lots more. When you think about it, if a place is more than about 70 years old, the chances are about 90% that somebody has died there ....

staggeringman 27-09-2004 17:02

:drink:hi..pendy..we wasnt insinuating about anybody with the witch talk,we where just on about them thats alive...he..he.
quote...dont worry about anything that is dead...its the living you have to worry about...

mez 27-09-2004 17:03

oooooooo witches& ghouls & wee tiny beasties, getting like a ghost story on here he he he "says she cackling to the couldron" beware!!!!!!

Doug 27-09-2004 17:03

Quote:

:drink:since we have been here we have had three encouters of the spooky kind,as you already know the pub is early 15th century.Well the first encounter was when we first moved in we had just had a delivery, and the drayman said there wasnt enough room to put all the beer away so he left a 18 gallon lager in the drop. We where all sat upstairs talking and someone said did you here that?... is someone in the cellar so being the brave man as we are ...he.he. i sent the wife down to check reporting back she said there was nowt there.I went down and noticed no beer in the drop,but stood the wrong way up at the other side of the cellar.:surprise:

I think we should hold a ghost watch in the Stags Cellar, see if we put some of the spirits to rest. I don't mind doing it for charity. It would be nice to have a couple of witch there an all don't you think?

pendy 27-09-2004 17:11

Great idea - I am sure we can put quite a lot of spirits to rest! - I will single-handedly account for quite a number. Should I bring my broomstick, in order to sweep all before me?

mez 27-09-2004 17:13

can i come toooo i need a perm in my hair he he h e, plus i like the thoughts of all that spirit in one place :D

staggeringman 27-09-2004 17:17

:surprise:last one for tonight...laid in bed at about 2.30am the wife checked the kids and got in bed,after about an hour i heard foot steps outside the door and when it reached directly our door the floor board creaks louder.This happened about six times..then the wife said thinking i was asleep..did you here that? I still pretended to be asleep she got out of bed put her dressing gown on and went to investigate,after a couple of minutes she came back,Me i jumped up and said whats the matter she said who shut all the doors behind me i said it wasnt me..I was asleep ....iwasnt really but i didnt shut the doors either....and before anyone tells her i was awake ,I confessed the day after.:drink:

Doug 27-09-2004 19:09

I take it that the wife is the brave one then?.

WillowTheWhisp 27-09-2004 20:59

Isn't that normal Doug?

Doug 27-09-2004 21:10

Nope................. What are you suggesting Willow. lol. I'm sure you’re a strong and self determined woman. But would you cope under the influence of spirits

WillowTheWhisp 27-09-2004 21:16

I'm never under the influence of spirits - lol - I don't drink. I can tell you one thing, you wouldn't get me on my own in a haunted cellar at night. I spent my honeymoon in a haunted cottage and that was bad enough.

Acrylic-bob 27-09-2004 21:21

Won't spending a night in a cellar be pretty cold and uncomfortable, spirits not withstanding?

Doug 27-09-2004 21:24

Quote:

I'm never under the influence of spirits - lol - I don't drink. I can tell you one thing, you wouldn't get me on my own in a haunted cellar at night. I spent my honeymoon in a haunted cottage and that was bad enough.

There is just no answer to that, but I'm trying to think of one.....

littlemo 28-09-2004 13:12

I read somewhere that centuries ago when a new pub ws built, there was also a person laid to rest in the foundations for good luck. often these people died or where killed while the pub was being built. hence all the cellers where full of spirits!!!

I wonder if this is where the double meaning of spirits comes from?

Doug 28-09-2004 13:38

Do you have a close association with spirits littlemo? just wondered that's all. I think that as late as the 18 century there was still a custom that people laid coins, small dead furry animals or the odd moggy as a tribute to the old ways (Gods & Goddesses) and or to appease the land. Some early cultures like the Celts and even the Romans would stuff the body of a dead child into the foundations of an important building or Temple. I’m not sure that we as a culture stuck bodies of dead people in to the foundations of our pubs and ale houses. Most people who had normal deaths would be laid to rest in consecrated Ground. Highwaymen (Pub Landlords), witches and executed prisoners would be an exception to that, but would doubt they found there way into the foundations of the pub, possible exception their for landlords mind. lol

WillowTheWhisp 28-09-2004 14:04

It sounds like a distinct leg pull to me littlemo

pendy 28-09-2004 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Won't spending a night in a cellar be pretty cold and uncomfortable, spirits not withstanding?

A lot depends on how many spirits, and how close we huddle together. You could always try thermal underwear, also woolly hat and gloves, thick socks, etc. Could still be a bit chilly in mid-Winter - perhaps this is one for Summer? but count me in anyway, I'll make a special trip. According to my other half, I could certainly nag them into submission ....
(foul calumny, of course).

pendy 28-09-2004 14:13

Forgot to mention - didn't they put a dead pig's leg in barrels of cider to give it body (no pun intended)?

Perhaps the Stag is haunted by ghost pigs looking for their legs? Staggering Man - did the footsteps sound as though it was limping?

staggeringman 28-09-2004 16:47

Quote:

Forgot to mention - didn't they put a dead pig's leg in barrels of cider to give it body (no pun intended)?

Perhaps the Stag is haunted by ghost pigs looking for their legs? Staggering Man - did the footsteps sound as though it was limping?

:drink:if its little ghosty pigs i am looking for ,they better watch it...im after there bacon.

pendy 29-09-2004 16:21

Quote:

:drink:if its little ghosty pigs i am looking for ,they better watch it...im after there bacon.

Oh goody, then we won't have to bring sandwiches, we can make bacon ones on the spot!

WillowTheWhisp 29-09-2004 16:46

mmmmmmmmmmm bacon butties. I may just be persuaded to join in.

Doug 29-09-2004 16:55

Quote:

mmmmmmmmmmm bacon butties. I may just be persuaded to join in.

I think you’ll both find that these would be ghastly ghostly bacon butties has we only have the piggies heads not the important bits like a body. However, if you can convince this most excellent of hosts (another word for highway man) to provide us with access to his well stocked caller for a ghostly sittin, I will provide the HP, bacon and the bread for the butties…..

WillowTheWhisp 29-09-2004 18:08

Can I have cheese and garlic sauce with mine please?

Tealeaf 30-09-2004 23:22

1 Attachment(s)
some strange things in the tap room in the Stag earlier tonight.....we may have seen the ghost behind the bar...anyway, I think I may have taken a bit of a picture. The picture is a little blurred, but lets know what you think.

WillowTheWhisp 30-09-2004 23:26

a little blurred?:confused:

All I can make out is a glass there with an apparent drink in it. Are you confusing spirits with spirits? :D

Doug 30-09-2004 23:29

I can't see what all the bloody fuss is about. You daft buggers there's now't wrong with that picture at all. The bar always looks like that to me.

Tealeaf 30-09-2004 23:29

I was completely sober........the strange thing is, I think the ghost has got into the piccy....how come it's not come out as a thumbnail piccy?

Doug 30-09-2004 23:36

You having trouble with your attachments Tea.

staggeringman 01-10-2004 01:14

:drink:i know what the crack is have you ever had a bacon butty that no white stuff come out of.It was thick and tasted reet, you didnt have to disguise the stuff as if it was in the S.A.S. it was just pure bacon,but wat bloody good stuff it was.

staggeringman 01-10-2004 01:20

Quote:

I was completely sober........the strange thing is, I think the ghost has got into the piccy....how come it's not come out as a thumbnail piccy?

:drink:yooou tealeaf i bet you dont have a sesh on that whiskey beer you could be anybody after that, the hulk ,spider man ,captain marvel, or just plain ****ed up tealeaf beware you have been warned.

staggeringman 01-10-2004 01:22

Quote:

I can't see what all the bloody fuss is about. You daft buggers there's now't wrong with that picture at all. The bar always looks like that to me.

:drink:doug man of my thinking just got to press the right keeeys

WillowTheWhisp 01-10-2004 07:07

Quote:

Now that is odd. The format of the wassaname looks exactly the same as others so how strange that it doesn't show as a thumbnail.

Atarah 03-10-2004 16:19

a better view of "Area around Stag Pub"

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, now managed to get hold of an actual postcard, which is much better for copying.
I have read that in 1882 a new Police Station was opened near the Stag Inn, and then in 1883 the Magistrates Courts were opened.

George Walker 03-10-2004 16:51

Hi,Atarah.The picture of the old police station is brilliant.You will notice the
old Co op to the far right.The two houses attached to the police station
were used by the inspectors.

Atarah 04-10-2004 01:08

Area around Stag Pub

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, found this photo of a co-op, but its in York Street. Is that near the Stag area?

WillowTheWhisp 04-10-2004 06:44

It's very near. At one time the road continued along from The Stag.

staggeringman 04-10-2004 16:53

do you know that they are making flats out of thwd co.op? they started a few months ago,dont know where they will park as it is the busiest cul..de..sac i have ever seen!