Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Update on Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/update-on-accrington-conservative-club-63278.html)

Accrington Lad 22-01-2013 17:13

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1038214)
At last! So you finally went in- but what foolish risks you took. You can see the dry rot everywhere, the whole place is rotten. I wouldn't walk on any of that wood.
Can't you see the futility of your dream? It's beyond help.
I can't think why so many people must have gone to so much trouble to trash the place.
So many memories- if you'd only seen it in the 50's and early 60's.

Has anybody got any pictures they can upload of the building when it was open and nice?

Mick 23-01-2013 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1038202)
Nope, they are in an album in my profile and are viewable to registered users.
Was quicker to upload them to an album so here:
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/m...club-2013.html

What was wrong in uploading them to the gallery ?
then linking to that you have more upload space there and can upload more at one time:confused::p

Accrington Lad 23-01-2013 08:49

Oh right, didn know. Will do that when I upload the rest, cheers.

Restless 23-01-2013 15:56

It is FAR WORSE than I expected it would be inside. Is that a glass ceiling you are walking under? Collapsed staircases leading to basements, holes in floors.....
You are nothing short of Stupid and crazy.

I googled a little to see if you might have been faking the pics being yours.

You posted on this site(below). "I have pics of rest of the building...Pics up to date as of October 1 2012)" So you say you just popped in to take the photos. that would mean you lied here or you have been in and around the inside of that building several times? I want to recalculate the above "You are nothing short of Stupid and crazy" but to do so I would have to insert several appallingly vulgar expletives and at this point I don't want to offend. So for now I will just use some nice Bold coding...

Urban Exploration (Urbex) of Accrington Conservative Club

Interesting quote from that site...

"The detailing of this building is fabulous, even more so when you consider it's insignificant location." < Me thinks they got that the wrong way around.

Well at the end of this egregiously long post I will end by saying I hope you do not enter inside there again. Hope that time travel is invented, or something.

Accrington Lad 23-01-2013 21:28

Yeah I did just pop in. I have been several times and have never denied this. The pictures I took in october were on a rubbish camera phone. The pictures I took this year were taken on a professional camera.

Accrington Lad 23-01-2013 21:46

Lol. If you type in Accrington Conservative Club into google images and keep going through the pages you will eventually see a picture of you restless.

Restless 23-01-2013 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1038465)
Lol. If you type in Accrington Conservative Club into google images and keep going through the pages you will eventually see a picture of you restless.

I just did that and I never saw myself.

Anyway. Going in that building is just nuts. Don't do it again.

What camera did you use?

susie123 23-01-2013 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1038472)
I just did that and I never saw myself.

Anyway. Going in that building is just nuts. Don't do it again.

What camera did you use?

Yep you are there Rob - about a third of the way down the first page of ggogle images, extreme right hand side. It's one of your previous Accyweb avatars.

Restless 23-01-2013 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1038473)
Yep you are there Rob - about a third of the way down the first page of ggogle images, extreme right hand side. It's one of your previous Accyweb avatars.

still not seeing it

Edit: IF I write Accrington Conservative Club Restless. It comes up hehehe. That goes to show how interesting this building really is

Accrington Lad 24-01-2013 09:06

I used a Samsung WB101
(my first camera).
Anyway, I found 2 really supportive charities dedicated to saving listed buildings,
Save Britains Heritage
The Victorian Society

They were very helpful on the phone and asked me to send in some pictures of the building and they will get in touch with the local council and then get back in touch with me! :D

cashman 24-01-2013 09:33

I hope the N.H.S. is also very helpful,I fear yer gonna need em at some point.:rolleyes:

Restless 24-01-2013 12:19

Sam Bo how old are you?

susie123 24-01-2013 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1038539)
I used a Samsung WB101
(my first camera).
Anyway, I found 2 really supportive charities dedicated to saving listed buildings,
Save Britains Heritage
The Victorian Society

They were very helpful on the phone and asked me to send in some pictures of the building and they will get in touch with the local council and then get back in touch with me! :D

Now that a much more useful thing to be doing. Though I doubt even those organisations will get very far with the council or the owner now it's got to this stage. Sadly they may have been through all of this before years ago before it got too bad but some individual or other was concerned enough to inform them.

Of course it's also possible that they might decide the building is not worth saving...

Less 24-01-2013 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1038576)
Sam Bo how old are you?

Never mind how old he is, I'd like to know his definition of 'professional'.
He now claims to have that type of camera, somehow I think he means more expensive but calls it professional, hoping to sound a little more expert than he is.

susie123 24-01-2013 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1038579)
Never mind how old he is, I'd like to know his definition of 'professional'.
He now claims to have that type of camera, somehow I think he means more expensive but calls it professional, hoping to sound a little more expert than he is.

He did say it was his first camera (I think he got it for Christmas).

Ho hum - my first camera was a Brownie...