Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Update on Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/update-on-accrington-conservative-club-63278.html)

jaysay 10-01-2013 09:51

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036332)
The owner payed me for cleaning the building up and doing all the weeding out front even though I insisted for him not to pay me, so he is a very nice man.
I will offer him 200 a month to rent it. :D

They used to to say there is no fool like an old fool but I'm beginning to question that:rolleyes:

Accrington Lad 10-01-2013 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1036336)
Don't think the whole of Screwfix nationwide would have enough stuff to fix that roof.

I do wonder if you're for real sometimes. And what will you do if he says yes? Pocket money down the drain!

If he says yes then that will be my absolute dream come true.
That is all I want, - ownership of this building.
I would die for this building - but that would be pointless because then I would not be able to go there. :L
If he does say yes then I will work every hour I can to get money, currently earn £160 a month (doing a paper round lol :L )

Accrington Lad 10-01-2013 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1036339)
They used to to say there is no fool like an old fool but I'm beginning to question that:rolleyes:

Come on, surely you will miss this building wont you? All the good ol' memories?
Its horrible, leaving a building to rot like this! Especially this one.
I will create an e-petition - but I need 100,000 signatures before the Government will even take it into consideration, where will I get 100,000 signatures? PLEASE!?

susie123 10-01-2013 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036340)
If he says yes then that will be my absolute dream come true.
That is all I want, - ownership of this building.
I would die for this building - but that would be pointless because then I would not be able to go there. :L
If he does say yes then I will work every hour I can to get money, currently earn £160 a month (doing a paper round lol :L )

Errr - renting a building for £200 a month is not the same as owning it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036117)
(P.S. I noticed CCTV signs going up in the windows today? - Dont know if thats the work of the council or the owner? - Didn't notice any cameras though? :-/ Unless they are going up at a later date? Because it was getting dark - I hope they do put cameras up because it will deter the scum who keep vandalising it!)

Be interesting to know if those cameras are for real or just dummies, this whole thing is getting fishier by the day. I suggest you stop banging your head against the brick wall of the building and find something more constructive to do with your £160/month. You could also try removing some more of its innards and help it on its way to collapse, that would be doing everyone a favour. Believe me, once it's gone, people will still have fond memories but they won't miss it.

Less 10-01-2013 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036341)
Come on, surely you will miss this building wont you? All the good ol' memories?
I will create an e-petition - but I need 100,000 signatures before the Government will even take it into consideration, where will I get 100,000 signatures? PLEASE!?

I'm beginning to tire of your fantastical tales, are you so short of loving attention you have to come on here with your wild and ridiculous talk just to get a little bit of it from us?
Grow up a little, stop acting like bees younger brother and work towards getting yourself a proper life.
There is real help out there for unfortunates with your problems.
:(

Accrington Lad 10-01-2013 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036343)
I'm beginning to tire of your fantastical tales, are you so short of loving attention you have to come on here with your wild and ridiculous talk just to get a little bit of it from us?
Grow up a little, stop acting like bees younger brother and work towards getting yourself a proper life.
There is real help out there for unfortunates with your problems.
:(

I think I'll pass on that one!
I'm perfectly happy thanks. - Everyone to their own thank you.
probably one of the nicest in accy.
Im sure there would be a lot of commotion and anger if the Town Hall or Market Hall was shut and left like this. Whats the difference with this one. Now I would prefer if you didnt reply with a negative comment and keep it to yourself thank you.
http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/244.$plit/C...A57%3A57%3A739
-EVERYONE TO THEIR OWN- :do-one:

Accrington Lad 10-01-2013 11:08

There is no way it will collapse on its own, - its made from red accy brick! :D
Sorry about previous post, just got wound up!

Less 10-01-2013 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036344)
Now I would prefer if you didnt reply with a negative comment and keep it to yourself thank you.

There are lots of things in life we all wish for, your wish for me not to reply when all you show is crass stupidity, is not going to be answered.

I for one would like the whole rotten 'past it's sell by date' building knocked down and something worthwhile to the community built in it's place.

susie123 10-01-2013 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036346)
There is no way it will collapse on its own, - its made from red accy brick!

I refer you to your post number 1 on this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036103)
The building is at risk of collapsing which will crush many of the houses and offices surrounding it.
Please help.

hassy rvr 10-01-2013 11:26

This is a bigger wind up than dingles on rvrs website!!

Accrington Lad 10-01-2013 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1036351)
I refer you to your post number 1 on this thread.

That was a quote from the council man. Nice try though!

Less 10-01-2013 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036346)
There is no way it will collapse on its own, - its made from red accy brick! :D

What a load of tosh, of course it can collapse, the bricks may be strong, but held together with mortar, that will be suffering from the elements.

Or do you apply a similar theory to the bricks as when the ice-berg didn't sink after the Titanic hit it?

jaysay 10-01-2013 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036341)

Unfortunately I gave over being a dreamer long ago, hundred year old buildings are no longer viable, The upkeep is exorbitant, especially in this building, remember I used to frequent the club every day 20 years ago it wasn't cost effective then its even more so now, if you want to earn £160 a month I'd find something else to spend it on because one thing you can't do as far as buildings are concerned is to turn the clock back and stem the tide of aging, if money had been spent on this building 20 years ago it might just have stood a chance but that time has long past and I'm afraid your now flogging a dead horse, a horse that has been dead a long long time now

jaysay 10-01-2013 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036344)
I think I'll pass on that one!
I'm perfectly happy thanks. - Everyone to their own thank you.
probably one of the nicest in accy.
I'm sure there would be a lot of commotion and anger if the Town Hall or Market Hall was shut and left like this. Whats the difference with this one. Now I would prefer if you didn't reply with a negative comment and keep it to yourself thank you.
http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/244.$plit/C...A57%3A57%3A739
-EVERYONE TO THEIR OWN- :do-one:

The difference is its privately owned, and would serve no great purpose or use to spend money on, to be honest your attached photo seems a good idea knock it down and be done with it

jaysay 10-01-2013 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036353)
That was a quote from the council man. Nice try though!

Oh by the way it isn't Accrington Conservative Club as your red banner says it ceased being that in 1992