Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   HILLTOP NURSING HOME, Manchester Road (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/hilltop-nursing-home-manchester-road-65654.html)

Accyexplorer 28-01-2014 00:10

HILLTOP NURSING HOME, Manchester Road

10 Attachment(s)
The premises were vacated over a decade ago and it’s now dilapidated. The roof has rotted and collapsed in many places, leaving the floors covered in insulation etc.Needless to say its attracted a few "urban explorers" in its time.

An article in the Accrington Observer, written 11th Oct 2013 states “Lancashire County Council leader Jennifer Mein said they are currently arranging for the demolition of the former Hill Top building and hope to carry it out ‘in the near future’.” :rolleyes:.
But County council chiefs have now confirmed the Hill Top site in Baxenden will be pulled down. They want to see housing built which will be in keeping with the surrounding area.
Bosses said development proposals will formally be considered in the next few weeks.

Resident Ann McEvoy, of the Christchurch Residents Area group, said it was ‘great news’.

ENJOY: :D

Attachment 37458Attachment 37459Attachment 37460Attachment 37461Attachment 37462

Attachment 37463Attachment 37464Attachment 37465Attachment 37466Attachment 37467

Hill Top nursing home pt1 - YouTube

Hill Top Nursing home pt2 - YouTube

Turtle 28-01-2014 21:52

Re: HILLTOP NURSING HOME, Manchester Road

Wow. That place is a mess. It must be quite risky exploring the more dilapidated sites.

Accyexplorer 29-01-2014 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1092137)
Wow. That place is a mess. It must be quite risky exploring the more dilapidated sites.

Very true T ( I wouldn't/don't advice it).
It's too easy for a explorer to get injured on any site,I do however weigh up the pro's an con's (to a point) before i go in.
Also (for the record) i never break into a property. Although not always legal, I try seek permission whenever possible.If a building is secure i keep walking (there's plenty of others that can be easily accessed). :D

Accyexplorer 29-01-2014 04:51

I believe this site was built around 1940,it was purpose built to home the elderly.
Originally a home for minor mental health patients until it was changed into a residential care home for the elderly,This continued until around 2001 when it was left derelict for over a decade.

urban caveman 03-02-2014 13:17

nice pics dude, i had a trip to this one in october last year, its a cool explore but the building is in a very sorry state, i gave a huge sigh of relief when i could finally see the floor i was standing on and realised it was concrete.

Bob Dobson 03-02-2014 13:37

Let's form a sub-group - the AEIOU ( Accrington Exploration & Inquisitive Unit) I will dig out my old pot-holing helmet and lamp.

The one exploration I always wanted to do but never did was to walk under the culvert carrying the river though the town centre. Count me in if you organise such a trip.

Accyexplorer 03-02-2014 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 1092871)
Let's form a sub-group - the AEIOU ( Accrington Exploration & Inquisitive Unit) I will dig out my old pot-holing helmet and lamp.

The one exploration I always wanted to do but never did was to walk under the culvert carrying the river though the town centre. Count me in if you organise such a trip.

I like the sound of that,Accrington Exploration & Inquisitive Unit,that'll do nicely :D
I prefer to keep my feet dry Bob,Although I have seen the culvert you mention.

urban caveman 03-02-2014 14:46

a sub group sounds good bob. i have been through that culvert a few years back, would deffo be up for a revisit some time, chest waders are a must as its quite deep in places

Bob Dobson 03-02-2014 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by urban caveman (Post 1092884)
a sub group sounds good bob. i have been through that culvert a few years back, would deffo be up for a revisit some time, chest waders are a must as its quite deep in places

CHEST WADERS!!!!!! Hell fire - rule me out. I thought rats would be the biggest problem. Let's leave it for a few months.

shillelagh 03-02-2014 16:09

must have been after 2001 ... my mum was in there for respite care ....

DaveinGermany 03-02-2014 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 1092871)
Let's form a sub-group - the AEIOU ( Accrington Exploration & Inquisitive Unit) .

And the "O" Mr.Dobson? :)

Bob Dobson 03-02-2014 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1092906)
And the "O" Mr.Dobson? :)

Accrington Exploration & Inquisitive Observation (or Operations ) Unit.

Troubles I have with my bowels makes me have trouble with vowels.