Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Games (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f125/)
-   -   Alternative celebrity connections (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f125/alternative-celebrity-connections-28214.html)

Gayle 02-02-2007 21:57

Alternative celebrity connections

This is slightly different - all down to handshakes

How many handshakes does it take to get you to a famous person - for instance I've shaken Greg Pope's hand, who in turn must have shaken Tony Blair's hand, who in turn has shaken the Queen's hand. So from me to the Queen is three hand shakes.

The Queen is pretty easy becuause she shakes a lot of hands so who can get to someone really interesting in only a few handshakes? PS - doesn't really count if you've shaken Madonna's hand yourself!

WillowTheWhisp 02-02-2007 22:03

Re: Alternative celebrity connections

Well it depends on what you class as famous I suppose.

I've shaken the hand of Roddy McDowall who has shaken the hand of goodness knows who but Liz Taylor for one and for all I know she may well have shaken the hand of Michael Jackson.

Gayle 02-02-2007 22:05

Ooo, I'd have been happy at Roddy McDowall!

WillowTheWhisp 02-02-2007 22:06

Aaaw did you like him Gayle? I used to run his fan club. It was fun but hilarious at times too.

Gayle 02-02-2007 22:12

We're talking the chap from Planet of the Apes aren't we? It wasn't so much him that I liked as his voice - wouldn't be able to pick him out in the street if I'm honest but still, hollywood star!

WillowTheWhisp 02-02-2007 22:22

Yes that's the chap and I totally agree with you that he did have a lovely voice. I used to joke that he had an all purpose Irish/Welsh/Scottish accent that he used whenever one of them was required. (His Mum was Irish and his Dad was Scottish.)

Gayle 02-02-2007 22:27

So, how did you end up doing his fan site?

WillowTheWhisp 02-02-2007 22:36

Kind of by accident really. He didn't think he needed one but a friend of his thought he did. I said it wouldn't be a difficult thing to organise and somehow I ended up organising it! It wasn't too difficult until POTA took off and then I got a bit swamped.

Shhh don't tell anybody but I was the silly woman who said playing a monkey would be a backward career move!!!!

Gayle 02-02-2007 22:38

Well, it was really, he's not exactly a household name!

WillowTheWhisp 02-02-2007 22:42

He got oodles more fan mail from those films and the TV series than anything else! :D

It was far more successful than I'd ever imagined.

Mind you I was quite gobsmacked when Paul Dehn applied to join the fan club.

jackyalex 04-02-2007 21:08

for me its 2,as my boss has just become the mother-in-law of jill halfpenny,and i have also shaked hands with cilla from corrie but that it to date,

grego 04-02-2007 21:17

I haven't shaken anyones hand but I have kissed Marc Almond, dont want to think where that might lead too:eek:

WillowTheWhisp 04-02-2007 21:43

I just realised that I've shaken the hand of my daughter's English teacher who is the sister of Mina Anwar. (Do people shake hands with their sisters?)

WillowTheWhisp 04-02-2007 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by grego (Post 379285)
I haven't shaken anyones hand but I have kissed Marc Almond, dont want to think where that might lead too:eek:

Oooh Gene Pitney probably! :)