Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Community Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f127/)
-   -   Web Cam for Accy ?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f127/web-cam-for-accy-20180.html)

katex 12-03-2006 13:48

Web Cam for Accy ??

Just a thought that developed from another thread. Do love these web cams around the world .. like being a fly on the wall.

Think we should have one in Accy .. suggested Broadway (tee hee know going to be some answers here).

Where would you position one in our town. ?

Would be lovely to see our ex-pats to look at, could even give them a wave now and then.:wave:

garinda 12-03-2006 13:51

Re: Web Cam for Accy ??

Church street at about 3.30am.

Chav sat on top of a taxi.

Tinks tussling with a doorman from the Bridge.

Myself making a green river of puke from the church wall all the way to the chippy.

Sounds fab. Where do I sign up?:)

SPUGGIE J 12-03-2006 16:09

DONT put Broadway on please.

katex 12-03-2006 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
Church street at about 3.30am.

Chav sat on top of a taxi.

Tinks tussling with a doorman from the Bridge.

Myself making a green river of puke from the church wall all the way to the chippy.

Sounds fab. Where do I sign up?:)

What a good idea !!! Don't need to go out at weekend, can watch all the fun from me armchair.

Maybe around the town hall then we can see what all our councillors are up to.

entwisi 12-03-2006 19:02

I would like to see web cams from the three major viewpoints over the town.

1) the car park on hassy old road
2) looking down from the coppice
3) from the road that goes up to the new inns from rishton looking down on the town
I reckon the views today would have been magical

garinda 12-03-2006 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi
I would like to see web cams from the three major viewpoints over the town.

1) the car park on hassy old road
2) looking down from the coppice
3) from the road that goes up to the new inns from rishton looking down on the town
I reckon the views today would have been magical

No, no, no to the one from the carpark on Haslingden Old Road.

That looks directly into my bedroom at my Mum's, and I don't want to have to start drawing the blinds when I stop over if people start trying to zoom in.:p

entwisi 12-03-2006 19:28

why, would we see anything of interest?

Neil 12-03-2006 20:00

Zoom being the word :D

entwisi 12-03-2006 20:04

I thought that it was macro for stuff like that???

chav1 12-03-2006 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex

Maybe around the town hall then we can see what all our councillors are up to.

nooooooooooo

dont want any witneses for when i plant my large barels of explosives in november ;)

SPUGGIE J 13-03-2006 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav1
nooooooooooo

dont want any witneses for when i plant my large barels of explosives in november ;)

That lot are so leaden between the ears and thick skined you would need a hell of a lot or something else. :eek:

Madhatter 13-03-2006 22:11

I don't agree with webcams, I don't see what the purpose of them is. Why should people be on the net just going about their daily business?. A view from the coppice is one thing, a cam in the town centre is quite different. Although a cam in town for a special event is acceptable to me.

AccyRach 14-03-2006 09:50

Maybe we could link the CCTV - people crime spotting for free means we'd get a discount on the Council Tax?! :D
Or it would be a great alternative use for the speed cameras?

accymel 07-06-2006 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less
As for the camera's bring on the security ones ,let's do real time crimewatch, though I suppose some 'what about their civil rights wallah?' Would ruin the fun for the rest of us.

Now that would be fun & useful to watch all the dodgey dealings, i had cctv at my old house installed as i had problems with harrassment & all the other stuff i caught on my camera's were eye opening as to what type of neigbours i had, caught one family across nicking furniture from a furnished rented house at 2am funnier seeing em trying to cart chairs, sofas, cooker etc back to their gaff. Ive caught a bunch of yobbo's trying to nick a rover & failed cos they couldnt hot wire proper & quick enough they only moved it 10ft away then scarpered, many drunken domestics etc - all good fun without having to curtain twitch!!:D

slinky 07-06-2006 21:20

[quote=Less]
As for the camera's bring on the security ones ,let's do real time crimewatch, though I suppose some 'what about their civil rights wallah?' Would ruin the fun for the rest of us.

What a bloody good idea Less!! that would be very funny, but they may see me disposing of my bed in Accy town center then................:rolleyes: :rolleyes: