Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Community Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f127/)
-   -   New community police station in town centre. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f127/new-community-police-station-in-town-centre-68593.html)

RainbowSix 17-10-2016 12:13

New community police station in town centre.

I have noticed that we appear to have a new cop shop in the centre of Accy, community police office thingy. Are things that bad in the centre that we need a station so close to the centre that the one up the road won't do?

It also appears that this now gives the police permission to park as many vehicles as they want on the pavement, I'm sure that anyone else parking there would get a ticket :(

Margaret Pilkington 17-10-2016 12:56

Re: New community police station in town centre.

The one in Spring Gardens is now closed so that IS the police station for our town.

RainbowSix 17-10-2016 13:08

The one next to the old fire station is closed?

So now we are going to get all the police cars in the centre, I wonder if they are also going to take away the disabled spaces for them too?

Margaret Pilkington 17-10-2016 13:49

Yes, it closed a couple of weeks ago.
All the signage has been removed and the police cars which used to be on the upper part of Grange Lane are no longer there(where the police garage was).
So the Police station on Broadway is our towns police station. Doesn't have much gravitas does it?(a bit like the town, I suppose)

RainbowSix 17-10-2016 14:45

Well, I suppose that it makes use of an empty shop.

And its closer to Greggs for them to get some pies.

Less 17-10-2016 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSix (Post 1179288)
I have noticed that we appear to have a new cop shop in the centre of Accy, community police office thingy. Are things that bad in the centre that we need a station so close to the centre that the one up the road won't do?

It also appears that this now gives the police permission to park as many vehicles as they want on the pavement, I'm sure that anyone else parking there would get a ticket :(

It's Accys version of a quick response unit, it has just been brought to their attention the benches have been taken from outside the market hall, so they want to find the culprits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSix (Post 1179295)
So now we are going to get all the police cars in the centre, I wonder if they are also going to take away the disabled spaces for them too?

Don't talk daft, most of them will park up outside McDonalds like they've always done since it opened.
:rolleyes:

RainbowSix 18-10-2016 08:11

Will response times for shoplifting or centre related incidents get any quicker now?

wadey 22-10-2016 21:36

Our Prime Minister (surrounded 24/7 by squads of armed police and chauffeur driven cars) decided when Home Secretary that ordinary people didn't need a police presence, it's alright for some

MrPastry 26-11-2016 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsix (Post 1179300)
well, i suppose that it makes use of an empty shop.

And its closer to greggs for them to get some pies.

who mentioned pies!!!! :)

maxthecollie 26-11-2016 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPastry (Post 1182070)
who mentioned pies!!!! :)

You did

MoreJoe 27-11-2016 23:01

1 Attachment(s)
Does it look like this?

MrPastry 28-11-2016 08:28

A bit of local info here but two of our officer appear to be invisible in the bottom pictures.

Lancashire Constabulary - Hyndburn