Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Sport and Hobby Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f128/)
-   -   York Races (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f128/york-races-58222.html)

heth 14-06-2011 08:36

York Races

Hiya!

Looking to book York Races in July, its all new to me as I have never been before.

:banlama:

Has anyone got any advice on whats stands/paddocks to book in?
Is it better in a stand or down on the ground?

Thankyou! :D

jaysay 14-06-2011 08:41

Re: York Races

Well heth racing hasn't been a pass time of mine, have only ever been to a couple of race meetings both Great Yarmouth, and we went in the enclosure near the winning post which was called Tattersalls which I believe is a common name for this section of the race course, no doubt if I'm wrong some one will tell me, but that was certainly the best place for me, you could pop down to the parade ring and then go back to watch the race and there was a Tote booth there as well

heth 14-06-2011 09:42

thanks John.
I have heard this is the best place to go as you can see the horses better. Also dont have to put me high heels on!! ;)

JCB 14-06-2011 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 912021)
Hiya!

Looking to book York Races in July, its all new to me as I have never been before .

I thought you would have been at Royal Ascot this week with a posh hat and your high heels .

cashman 14-06-2011 10:09

a couple we know went yon the other week heth, didn't go in stands n had a great weekend, twas her first time n she really enjoyed, in fact they have booked fer cheltenham.:)

heth 14-06-2011 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 912054)
I thought you would have been at Royal Ascot this week with a posh hat and your high heels .

I wanna go and win money not walk around all day in me high heels in a field!!! :D :D :D

heth 14-06-2011 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 912058)
a couple we know went yon the other week heth, didn't go in stands n had a great weekend, twas her first time n she really enjoyed, in fact they have booked fer cheltenham.:)

Thanks Cashy, thats made my mind up I think! :D
Lets hope I am lucky on the day!!!

Royboy39 14-06-2011 10:46

:juggle2:I would suggest Grandstand and Paddock where the bookies give odds similar to Tatts.
On the course (Cheaper Entrance). Kids by the million. Cheapskate bookies giving crappy odds and have been known to do a runner before the last race.

heth 14-06-2011 12:18

Thankyou Roy, dont really fancy being surrounded by kids (is it just me that thinks why take kids to the races?)
Nowt againest kids just thought it was an adults day out really not like kids can place thier bets :D

shillelagh 14-06-2011 17:01

i went to york races on my birthday about 7 year ago ... cant remember where exactly we ended up in .. went on a coachtrip from the pub ... came out a winner though ...

jaysay 14-06-2011 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 912154)
i went to york races on my birthday about 7 year ago ... cant remember where exactly we ended up in .. went on a coachtrip from the pub ... came out a winner though ...

Its murder going on these pub trips Jen I never remembered much about them either:D:D

cashman 14-06-2011 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 912175)
Its murder going on these pub trips Jen I never remembered much about them either:D:D

yeh but jens was Alcohol, yours was Alzheimers.:hehetable

shillelagh 14-06-2011 23:45

at least i managed to come home on the coach that time .... went to birmingham wi work ... came home wi some people from accy .. now that was scary:eek: .. especially when i went into work the following day .. they didnt get home till after midnite .. i was tucked up in bed by then .. :D:D:D

steeljack 15-06-2011 04:15

slight thread wander ..... seem to remember when I was a young-un Manchester used to have a horse racing track was on the opposite side of the road from Strangways , you could see it from the X23 Manchester bus . Remember there used to be a "Big" race (think 1000/2000 guineas)think it was moved to York after the Manchester course closed , in my mind I'm thinking it was the "Ebor"........ sound familiar to anyone ....not sure if it was on the flat or over the jumps :confused: :confused:

jaysay 15-06-2011 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 912205)
yeh but jens was Alcohol, yours was Alzheimers.:hehetable

Not 30 years ago it wasn't:tongueout