Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Sport and Hobby Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f128/)
-   -   Come on England! Klitschko v Haye (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f128/come-on-england-klitschko-v-haye-58426.html)

Mancie 02-07-2011 19:32

Come on England! Klitschko v Haye

Best of luck to Bermondsey lad David Haye tonight against the beast Klitschko... unfortunatley I reckon he is gonna need it.. but hoping we can have a new British world heavywieght champion!.. do him dave!

PS.. i've got a decent live link if anyone is interested;)

cashman 02-07-2011 22:10

Re: Come on England! Klitschko v Haye

aint looking to good.:(

Mancie 02-07-2011 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 916264)
aint looking to good.:(

No.:(. our man could not get near him.. I'm thinking Haye is not really a heavywieght.. he was giving 2 stone away tonight and Klitschko used his longer reach.. can't see where Haye can go from here.

garinda 02-07-2011 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 916267)
No.:(. our man could not get near him.. I'm thinking Haye is not really a heavywieght.. he was giving 2 stone away tonight and Klitschko used his longer reach.. can't see where Haye can go from here.

Just got in.

Has he lost?

:(

Don't think he's going anywhere from here.

Said it was his last fight ever...unless he changes his mind.

Such a shame.

Seems a very decent bloke, and would have been great to finish with all the belts.

cashman 02-07-2011 22:40

agree,cruiserweight simple as, heavys these days are way too big fer 15 stoners, back in the day twas a good weight, but those days are gone imho.

Mancie 02-07-2011 22:45

Haye had a decent go at it but lost on points over the 12 rounds to the big fella.. Klitschko held him off with he's long jabs.. Haye could not get inside the bloke and the size difference did show.

Mancie 02-07-2011 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 916270)
agree,cruiserweight simple as, heavys these days are way too big fer 15 stoners, back in the day twas a good weight, but those days are gone imho.

Looks like it Cashy.. and to think Ali was well under 16 stones.!:eek:

cashman 02-07-2011 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 916277)
Looks like it Cashy.. and to think Ali was well under 16 stones.!:eek:

i have always thought that way,fer personal safety, once needed a nori.:D

Mancie 02-07-2011 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 916269)
Just got in.

Has he lost?

:(

Don't think he's going anywhere from here.

Said it was his last fight ever...unless he changes his mind.

Such a shame.

Seems a very decent bloke, and would have been great to finish with all the belts.

Yes would have been great.. decent lad but maybe trying for to much to soon.. anyway good luck to him :)

Mancie 02-07-2011 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 916279)
i have always thought that way,fer personal safety, once needed a nori.:D

:D.. normal housebrick not good enough?

gynn 03-07-2011 08:14

It turns out Haye had a broken toe which prevented him fighting at 100% If he'd been a horse he'd have been a non runner.

They could have told me and the countless others who put a couple of bob on him to win......

We were well and truly cheated, hook line and sinker!.........:(:(

cashman 03-07-2011 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 916303)
It turns out Haye had a broken toe which prevented him fighting at 100% If he'd been a horse he'd have been a non runner.

They could have told me and the countless others who put a couple of bob on him to win......

We were well and truly cheated, hook line and sinker!.........:(:(

Broken toe or not, he was never likely to win, yeh would have been better off putting it on the lottery.:D

jaysay 03-07-2011 09:04

The only trouble is if you've got a big gob you've got to make sure you have the physical ability to back it up, it always looked like their would be a problem with the weight difference and lets face it his opponent was never going to be as easy as the other giant he beat. Having watched Sky News (there's no chance I'd watch the fight as I've never been a boxing fan) Mr Haye ain't half been handing out some stick the last few weeks, whilst his opponent has just gone about his business saying very little really.

Jim Procter 03-07-2011 13:28

Another British hope bites the dust.Getting a bit regular coming after Murray getting walloped on Friday. Anyone for tennis?

cashman 03-07-2011 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Procter (Post 916353)
Another British hope bites the dust.Getting a bit regular coming after Murray getting walloped on Friday. Anyone for tennis?

yer forgetting the national football team jim.:D