Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Sport and Hobby Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f128/)
-   -   A Royal Triumph (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f128/a-royal-triumph-62021.html)

gynn 28-07-2012 00:09

A Royal Triumph

It could well go down as one of the Google Page Ranking highlights of the Queen's 60 year reign.

Her 'appearance' in the Olympic Stadium via parachute with James Bond was as unexpected as it was inspired.

A lovely moment which I suspect may have needed some persuasion from her grandsons.

But a complete triumph in keeping with the mood of the night.

mobertol 28-07-2012 00:13

Re: A Royal Triumph

Was surprised myself -quite out of character and it worked up to a point!

Loved her outfit, though she looked and sounded less than inspired when she did her bit at the official opening. Mind you at 86 she probably wanted to be watching the whole thing from her boudoir while drinking a cup of horlicks! :D

jaysay 28-07-2012 08:44

Ya but where did Mr Bond disappear too after the arrival:D was he just disguised as Phil the Greek:rolleyes:

gynn 28-07-2012 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1005497)
You've already told us that you didn't think Mick's request applied to your post. So presumably you would've ignored it regardless. Just keep all yer Olympic junk out of here in future.

I'm quite happy for Mick to move this whole thread into the General Sport section, if his intention is that EVERYTHING Olympic related is General Sport. He's the moderator and sets the rules.

And if the Queen parachutes into any of the Olympic venues in the next 17 days, I'll know to mention it in General Sport.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
;)

kestrelx 29-07-2012 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 1005506)
I'm quite happy for Mick to move this whole thread into the General Sport section, if his intention is that EVERYTHING Olympic related is General Sport. He's the moderator and sets the rules.

And if the Queen parachutes into any of the Olympic venues in the next 17 days, I'll know to mention it in General Sport.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
;)

Do you really believe that the Queen jumped out of a helicopter?

It was a stuntman.

gynn 29-07-2012 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1005837)

It was a stuntman.

:eek:

jaysay 30-07-2012 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1005837)

It was a stuntman.

Ya don't say, doh;)

Gremlin 30-07-2012 08:44

You spoilt my day kestrel, course it was the Queen, she will do owt to get on telly. Next thing you will tell us that Father Christmas doesn't exist.

Less 30-07-2012 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1005895)
You spoilt my day kestrel, course it was the Queen, she will do owt to get on telly. Next thing you will tell us that Father Christmas doesn't exist.

Of course he exist's but in these day's of frugality if your parents are on benefits he comes down the chimney and leaves an I.O.U.
However the kid's are getting wise to this.
http://bp3.blogger.com/_rZJ_3eYHhgY/...nta+poison.bmp

kestrelx 31-07-2012 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1005895)

:rolleyes:
It would be funny if they'd had a permanant character pretending to be the Queen - and as your watching events suddenly this figure like the queen comes running, swimming or cycling along trying to get in on the action. Anybody a whizz with video editing - could edit footage maybe and insert this in.:D

jaysay 31-07-2012 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1006053)
:rolleyes:
It would be funny if they'd had a permanant character pretending to be the Queen - and as your watching events suddenly this figure like the queen comes running, swimming or cycling along trying to get in on the action. Anybody a whizz with video editing - could edit footage maybe and insert this in.:D

There are people who make a lot of money doing just that:rolleyes:

kestrelx 31-07-2012 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1006070)
There are people who make a lot of money doing just that:rolleyes:

No doubt some TV show like the Impressions Show will nick my idea and feature a new character doing just this! :p

jaysay 31-07-2012 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1006071)
No doubt some TV show like the Impressions Show will nick my idea and feature a new character doing just this! :p

Doubt it its old hat now:D