Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Sport and Hobby Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f128/)
-   -   I've heard it all now (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f128/ive-heard-it-all-now-64126.html)

jaysay 26-04-2013 08:36

I've heard it all now

I've heard it all now, was watching a bit of golf this morning on Sky and there was an advert on for insuring golf equipment and personal insurance too. One thing that made me smile was you can now get insurance for scoring a "Hole In One" doubt if that would have affected me when I was playing:D

MargaretR 26-04-2013 08:50

Re: I've heard it all now

You can't have played often if you haven't heard of that insurance.

My 1st husband was a keen golfer and member of two clubs.
He had a 'single figure' handicap and won the captains prize at Gt Harwood once.

He spent time in the 19th hole, and the 20th hole too.;)
So I decided to leave. I was weary of polishing the silver.:rolleyes:

jaysay 26-04-2013 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1055577)
You can't have played often if you haven't heard of that insurance.

My 1st husband was a keen golfer and member of two clubs.
He had a 'single figure' handicap and won the captains prize at Gt Harwood once.

He spent time in the 19th hole, and the 20th hole too.;)
So I decided to leave. I was weary of polishing the silver.:rolleyes:

Its 40 years since I played Margaret, and there weren't too many holes in one in those days a Greet Haworth, in fact if you found the green it was like a hole in one:D

Gremlin 26-04-2013 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1055580)
Its 40 years since I played Margaret, and there weren't too many holes in one in those days a Greet Haworth, in fact if you found the green it was like a hole in one:D

In my case John if I found the ball I was happy.

jaysay 26-04-2013 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1055594)
In my case John if I found the ball I was happy.

Ya it got expensive if you kept loosing black wrappers Gremlin:D

Gremlin 26-04-2013 11:18

Never bought the black wrappers John, just the standard cheap ones which I could afford to loose.
Todmorden gold club was up a big hill and very steep. If you went out of bounds it was a bus ride to go fetch your ball.

jaysay 26-04-2013 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1055625)
Never bought the black wrappers John, just the standard cheap ones which I could afford to loose.
Todmorden gold club was up a big hill and very steep. If you went out of bounds it was a bus ride to go fetch your ball.

Bacup weren't or cleaver either in that department:D

jaysay 26-04-2013 17:21

I've heard it all, now I've seen it all, this morning a match at the snooker world championships at Sheffield was suspended while they watered the carpet round the table, I jest you not. It appears the Scottish player Graham Dott was picking up a static electric charge every time he touched the table, should have been a musician he have made a good conductor. When they resumed the problem had been solved, it appears its happened to him before, yet it didn't affect anybody else.