Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Sport and Hobby Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f128/)
-   -   Six Nations Rugby (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f128/six-nations-rugby-68861.html)

taddy 03-02-2017 10:34

Six Nations Rugby

Scotland Verses Ireland, BBC1 at 14-25 hour's tomorrow.
England Verses France, ITV1 at 16-50 hour's tomorrow.
Italy Verses Wales, ITV1 at 14-00 hour's Sunday.

Italy Verses Ireland ITV1 at 14-25 hour's Next Saturday.
Wales Verses England BBC1 at 16-50 hour's Next Saturday

(also my SEVENTIETH. birthday). (SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT).

France Verses Scotland BBC1 at 15-00 hour's Next Sunday.

In front of the tele with a pint or two, (or more), cheering on Eddie Jones and arguably the best Rugby Union team in the world.
(THE ALL BLACKS, HA,HA, WHO ARE THEY)

Margaret Pilkington 03-02-2017 20:55

Re: Six Nations Rugby

Taddy hope you have a fantastic birthday tomorrow(tha'art nobbut a lad) and whichever team you shout for, wins. Enjoy the day and the beers.

taddy 05-02-2017 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1186810)
Taddy hope you have a fantastic birthday tomorrow(tha'art nobbut a lad) and whichever team you shout for, wins. Enjoy the day and the beers.

Birthday next Saturday, 11th Feb, sorry Marge my initial post was a bit misleading but I had a few pints yesterday, whilst watching Scotland beat Ireland (totally unexpected) plus watched England narrowly beat France.

Also another few pints today watching Wales defeat Italy which was probably a forgone conclusion. Looks like England are the favourites for winning the grand slam two years in succession.

Will also have two or more pints, whilst watching England beat Wales, (hopefully) next Saturday, (on my birthday)

taddy 05-02-2017 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1186810)

Thanks Marge but remember we were in the same year at Woodnook, so (tha'art must be nobbut a lass)

Margaret Pilkington 05-02-2017 17:54

Well, yes...that'd be right. I'm 14 in my head.

taddy 05-02-2017 18:48

Whenever anyone asks my age, I usually say that I am 69 and silver/grey on the outside but still a teenager and pure gold on the inside!

Rowlf 05-02-2017 19:05

If anyone asks me how old I am I tell them I am as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth.

Margaret Pilkington 05-02-2017 19:14

I tell them to hang on while I look in my knickers...it says 14-16...that sounds about right to me.

taddy 06-02-2017 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1186944)
If anyone asks me how old I am I tell them I am as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth.

If your false teeth are new does that mean that you are only a toddler then Rowlf ? ;);)

taddy 06-02-2017 09:29

Where is Kiwi John nowaday's, as I said in the Rugby world cup post about the All Blacks, be afraid, be very afraid England are coming !

Rowlf 06-02-2017 17:32

No Taddy my teeth are all my own and I am older than you.

taddy 10-02-2017 10:51

England verses Wales tomorrow, come on Eddie Jones's boy's, give me a happy birthday present and beat Wales then we are well on our way to winning the "Grand Slam" for the second successive year.

Rowlf 10-02-2017 21:16

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TADDY. Hope you have a great day and your team win at Rugby. It is my other half's birthday on Valentine's Day. Just think only 10yrs to go now and you can have 25p added to your pension.

taddy 11-02-2017 09:39

Thanks for that Rowlf, please give my regards to your "Other Half"; As for the 25p increase,
in ten year's time I may be able to put it down as a deposit on a box of matches.

Rowlf 11-02-2017 11:27

My other half has had the 25p for 5 years now so about £6.50 in total so if you save it up who knows what you will be able to buy . Enjoy your special day.

Margaret Pilkington 11-02-2017 11:28

Happy Birthday Taddy. Hope you have a great day.

taddy 11-02-2017 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1187162)
Happy Birthday Taddy. Hope you have a great day.

Thanks Marge, just digging out the Tullamore Dew and a bottle or two, (at least); of Hobgoblin strong ale, then settle down in front of the box to hopefully watch the All Whites, (England), defeat the All Reds (Wales).

SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT.

Rowlf 11-02-2017 17:36

Well Taddy that has made your birthday complete hasnt it ? Well done England. Have another Tullamore Dew. Cheers.

taddy 11-02-2017 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1187182)
Well Taddy that has made your birthday complete hasnt it ? Well done England. Have another Tullamore Dew. Cheers.

Beer in my belly, fear in my heart until the last five minutes when England scored a late, last gasp try; Yeees,we win once again under Eddie Jones.

Our only hurdle now, on the way to a grand slam is a rejuvenated Ireland.

Many thanks to yourself and Marge for for all the congratulations on my birthday.

I don't usually use emoji's but just for once,:D:D:D

taddy 24-02-2017 12:52

Italy this weekend, if we don't score fifty points or more then I will throw my Tullamore Dew bottle into the recycling box, (honestly).

Rowlf 24-02-2017 14:13

OOOOh you cant do that Taddy just let me know and I will come and collect it and my other half will 'recycle' it for you.

Barrie Yates 24-02-2017 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1188265)
Italy this weekend, if we don't score fifty points or more then I will throw my Tullamore Dew bottle into the recycling box, (honestly).

I have no doubts about that, but I am sure that it will be the empty bottle:D

taddy 25-02-2017 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrie yates (Post 1188286)
i have no doubts about that, but i am sure that it will be the empty bottle:d

:d:d:d

taddy 25-02-2017 09:55

Sorry, last post did not take the emoji.
How do i remove the no icon sign from the post icons below my message?
Thanks Taddy

taddy 26-02-2017 17:51

Still a good win, 36-15 but not as good as I thought it would be.

I don't know what Eddie Jones fed his troops at half time when the score was England five, Italy ten but I would love a couple of ounces of it.

My bottle of Tullamore Dew has been consigned to the recycling box as promised
but before the end of the match, (just), I made sure that the the contents were warming the cockles of my heart, (not to mention my stomach).

Barrie, you are a good judge of character.:D:D

taddy 26-02-2017 17:52

Managed to remove the no icon sign by the way.

Rowlf 26-02-2017 20:09

Glad you enjoyed the match and sounds like the Tullamore Dew went down well. Hope you have another bottle ready for the next match. Maybe thats what Eddie Jones dished out at hlaf time.

taddy 27-02-2017 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowlf (Post 1188490)
glad you enjoyed the match and sounds like the tullamore dew went down well. Hope you have another bottle ready for the next match. Maybe thats what eddie jones dished out at hlaf time.

he might have dished it out at half time as well,;);)

No more whisky/whiskey, left; I only partake of it from Christmas day until whenever my chrissy presents are used up. Received four bottles this time,my missus believes I could be an apprentice alcoholic.

Rowlf 27-02-2017 13:00

Well my other half has a wee dram every night and it has not done him any harm. They have nor distilled one yet that he doesnt like. One of his favourites is Laphroaig which does not smell like whisky to me. More like TCP. I dont like whisky at all.

DaveinGermany 27-02-2017 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1188530)
They have nor distilled one yet that he doesnt like. One of his favourites is Laphroaig

What a legend! Quarter Cask (also Laphroaig) is a good drop too. :)

cashman 27-02-2017 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1188521)
he might have dished it out at half time as well,;);)

No more whisky/whiskey, left; I only partake of it from Christmas day until whenever my chrissy presents are used up. Received four bottles this time,my missus believes I could be an apprentice alcoholic.

never had tullamore dew when i could slurp. its triple distilled aint it? or so i heard. yeh need summat like that to watch Rugby.!! lol

taddy 27-02-2017 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1188552)
never had tullamore dew when i could slurp. its triple distilled aint it? or so i heard. yeh need summat like that to watch Rugby.!! lol

I use Tullamore Dew as a chaser whilst slurping Hobgoblin,something that has a taste, unlike many who have no taste buds so slurp pints of a drink commonly known as Lager, or even John Smiths smooth, which is so cold that it has virtually no taste at all. Ha Ha, so there :tongueout:tongueout

taddy 27-02-2017 19:37

By the way, yes, Tullamore Dew (is), triple distilled.
Regards, Taddy.

cashman 27-02-2017 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1188582)
I use Tullamore Dew as a chaser whilst slurping Hobgoblin,something that has a taste, unlike many who have no taste buds so slurp pints of a drink commonly known as Lager, or even John Smiths smooth, which is so cold that it has virtually no taste at all. Ha Ha, so there :tongueout:tongueout

Have to say taddy i never drank lager until i lived in spain, not much choice yon,;)

Rowlf 27-02-2017 21:06

Have you made yourself a Friend of Laphroaig Dave ? If you send the foil top to the distillery you can become one. They will send you a certificate telling you have a foot of land at the distillery . In their visitors centre there are beautiful wooden book cases with large leather bound books containing all the 'Friends ' names written in lovely writing. If you visit the distillery you get a bottle of whisky as 'Ground Rent' and a guided tour. The Isle of Islay where the distillery is is a lovely island well worth a visit. there are about 7 distillerys on the island.

Barrie Yates 27-02-2017 21:15

Played football a couple of times on Islay - an experience, barbed wire fence on the touch line and a couple of kids to throw the ball back up from the beach, but didn't drink Laphroaig (Morange was the favourite tipple in the Army Mess on Benbecula), until a system acceptance test at Plessey, IOW and had a night out at the White Mouse pub. 365 varieties of whisky so I tried Laphroaig there - not to my taste, too smoky, much prefer Morange above all, but each one to his choice.

Rowlf 27-02-2017 21:33

Still think Laphroaig smells like TCP. Black Bottle is blend of all the Islay whiskeys and a favourite of my other halfs. He likes Hanky Bannister too but you can only buy it in the wine shop in Clitheroe and no where else for some reason. Known as hanky panky here.

taddy 28-02-2017 13:53

Rolfe, please see Benbecula post, Yours Taddy

Barrie Yates 28-02-2017 16:45

Whilst I was on Benbecula a sub-aqua club from MOD visited and dived on the wreck of the Politician - Whisky Galore. They recovered quite a number of bottles of whisky from the wreck and donated some to the Mess and various senior officers (I didn't get one :-( ).
Some had oil flecks inside them but some looked OK and one was duly opened and sampled - it was bloody awful and required numerous shots of Morange to get rid of the taste - or at least, I think that was the excuse for a real session.

taddy 28-02-2017 17:39

At the start of the six nations I thought that Ireland would be the one we had to beat in order to win the grand slam for a second successive year, I think that we will still do it but the way Scotland are playing this year, with more fire in their belly and belief in their hearts than I have seen for many year's, I will be glad if we win the Calcutta Cup at Twickenham,

SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT.

DaveinGermany 28-02-2017 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1188603)
Have you made yourself a Friend of Laphroaig Dave ?

Aye & I have been for a good few years, we stayed over at the Bunnahabhain Distillery managers house for 2 Summers for a week at a time (04/05) & mighty fine it was too! :)

cashman 01-03-2017 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1188603)
Have you made yourself a Friend of Laphroaig Dave?.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1188724)
Aye & I have been for a good few years, we stayed over at the Bunnahabhain Distillery managers house for 2 Summers for a week at a time (04/05) & mighty fine it was too! :)

What it is Rowlf, if its got an alcoholic content, its a good friend of daves.:D

taddy 11-03-2017 11:25

A win against Scotland today and we retain the Grand slam !
Come on Eddie Jones's boys.

Rowlf 11-03-2017 11:30

Enjoy the game Taddy and I hope you have a glass of something to celebrate when England win.

Rowlf 11-03-2017 17:16

Good win Taddy. Calcutta Cup today and the Grand Slam next Saturday against Ireland hopefully. Hope you are celebrating accordingly.

taddy 11-03-2017 17:45

Oh yes (HIC),I certainly am, although we won convincingly I must admit that the way Scotland have played in this six nations I would have expected a closer result.

I would have been suited if England had won by three points or so, it would have made it a more interesting match to watch but as you say Rolfe a win against Ireland will win us the grand slam, and also give us a world record winning run of unbeaten games.

Your's, Taddy.

taddy 11-03-2017 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1189599)
A win against Scotland today and we retain the Grand slam !
Come on Eddie Jones's boys.

Sorry, as Rolfe say's, we still need to beat Ireland to retain the Grand slam.:o:o

Rowlf 12-03-2017 11:57

Thing is Taddy next Friday is St Patrick's Day so hopefully the Irish team will have been on the Black stuff Friday night and still be under the weather on Saturday.

cashman 12-03-2017 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1189694)
Thing is Taddy next Friday is St Patrick's Day so hopefully the Irish team will have been on the Black stuff Friday night and still be under the weather on Saturday.

They will probably play better wi a couple of gallon of black stuff, it never seems to hinder imho.;)

taddy 12-03-2017 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1189694)

If we play like we have been doing, I dont think that there is a team in the world that can touch us.

taddy 17-03-2017 12:09

One more game to go. one more game of sorrow, (for Ireland), I hope.
one more game and we should be champs once more tomorrow.

Pity I have no more Tullimore Dew left, (I hope it is not an omen).
Never mind, I can enjoy my Hobgoblin without the chasers for once.

Barrie Yates 17-03-2017 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1190171)
One more game to go. one more game of sorrow, (for Ireland), I hope.
one more game and we should be champs once more tomorrow.

Pity I have no more Tullimore Dew left, (I hope it is not an omen).
Never mind, I can enjoy my Hobgoblin without the chasers for once.

Just to make you feel better, when we win tomorrow I will have a tot or so of an ancient Morange I got in Bahrain - cheers:D

cashman 17-03-2017 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1190197)
Just to make you feel better, when we win tomorrow I will have a tot or so of an ancient Morange I got in Bahrain - cheers:D

Save it till England win the World Cup, then flog it, yeh will be a millionaire.:D

DaveinGermany 17-03-2017 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1190171)
Pity I have no more Tullimore Dew left,

No panic fella, I'll down a wee nip or several of Redbreast 15 for you! Tonight, being as it's St.Paddies I'm suppin' some Kilbeggan, may even have a Jamie or two later.
http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/st-p...icks_day06.gif

Rowlf 17-03-2017 19:33

Never mind about having no Tullamore Dew I bet you will make do with Adams Ale if the boys win the Grand Slam.

taddy 17-03-2017 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowlf (Post 1190215)
never mind about having no tullamore dew i bet you will make do with adams ale if the boys win the grand slam.

correct

Rowlf 18-03-2017 18:14

Sorry your dream did not come true Taddy but 6 Nations Champions is not bad. There is always next time.

taddy 18-03-2017 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1190316)
Sorry your dream did not come true Taddy but 6 Nations Champions is not bad. There is always next time.

I am inconsolable. :(

Rowlf 18-03-2017 21:11

Oh dear sounds like you need more than Adams Ale then.

taddy 19-03-2017 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1190324)
Oh dear sounds like you need more than Adams Ale then.

I do and I have, felt much better last night but not so good this morning, nothing that a good fry up wont cure. :)

Margaret Pilkington 19-03-2017 12:16

You have a much bigger celebration to look forward to very soon. Concentrate on that.

taddy 19-03-2017 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1190363)
You have a much bigger celebration to look forward to very soon. Concentrate on that.

Thank you for the kind words Marge, It is going to cost me more than a bob or two but then again seeing as the old lass has looked after me for the past fifty four years, since she was fourteen and I was sixteen,Then she has been and still is worth every penny.(SINCERELY)

As long as she lets me slurp a Hobgoblin or two, (or more).that is.
Your's Taddy.

Margaret Pilkington 19-03-2017 14:18

I am sure she would never deny you a few hobgoblins (if that is what makes you happy).
I hope the both of you have a lovely day, and many more happy years together(looking after each other)

PS...the card will be posted on Wednesday...to make sure it gets there before your big day.
M x

taddy 19-03-2017 14:44

Thanks once again Marge

Margaret Pilkington 19-03-2017 14:44

You are very welcome.

taddy 14-03-2019 13:16

Hobgoblin time again this Saturday, (Swing low sweet chariot), I have a fiver on England to beat Scotland in the Calcutta Cup, I was badly let down last year when the Jocks outsmarted us but Eddie Jones is after revenge, (Scotland be afraid), (Be very afraid).
I have even bought a bottle of Scottish Malt Whisky, so that I can toast Scotlands defeat with their own firewater.;);)
Your's as ever Taddy.

taddy 17-03-2019 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1225473)
Hobgoblin time again this Saturday, (Swing low sweet chariot), I have a fiver on England to beat Scotland in the Calcutta Cup, I was badly let down last year when the Jocks outsmarted us but Eddie Jones is after revenge, (Scotland be afraid), (Be very afraid).
I have even bought a bottle of Scottish Malt Whisky, so that I can toast Scotlands defeat with their own firewater.;);)
Your's as ever Taddy.

Ooh dear, how sad, never mind, I will still enjoy the Firewater!
Yours, Taddy.