Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   DVD/TV/Film Discussion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/)
-   -   The Pride Of Britian Awards (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/the-pride-of-britian-awards-42993.html)

BERNADETTE 01-10-2008 11:03

The Pride Of Britian Awards

Tonight at eight o'clock on Granada it is the Pride Of Britian Awards, always enjoy this and it makes a nice change to see decent people given some recognition:)

BERNADETTE 01-10-2008 21:08

Re: The Pride Of Britian Awards

Nobody else watch it? As per usual some remarkable stories of great courage!!!

emzy 01-10-2008 21:13

I didnt watch it, didnt want to end up a blubbering wreck lol

wood 01-10-2008 21:18

what we got to be proud of ?

Lilly 01-10-2008 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by wood (Post 637093)

Quite a lot.....did you not watch it?

cherokee 01-10-2008 21:34

Quote:

Our armed forces for one.
Need I go on:mad:

cherokee 01-10-2008 21:36

We have so many couragous people out there , young and old.
Me!!!! well I was booing as usual .

cashman 01-10-2008 21:43

Quote:

not you obviously.:rolleyes:

Lilly 01-10-2008 21:51

[quote=cherokee;637105
Me!!!! well I was booing as usual .[/quote]

I take it you mean in the crying sense not in the pantomime baddie sense. :rolleyes::D

cherokee 01-10-2008 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 637115)
I take it you mean in the crying sense not in the pantomime baddie sense. :rolleyes::D

Well with a pile of soggy tissues by my side , Yes booing as in crying. should have said sobbing lol..:D

emamum 01-10-2008 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 637115)

laughing now at the thought of cherokee sat watching it...."and this award goes to 7 year old amy who went into a burning building and saved a whole family and their pets then gave them all mouth to mouth and donated 20 pints of blood and regularly visits the childrens ward at the local hospital and gave them all her toys and she now plays with a cardboard box" with cherokee shouting BOO!!HISS!! NO dont give it to her!!!!!! lol

cherokee 01-10-2008 22:03

:DOnly words I can come out with when watching that ARE . OMG!!!! AHHHH, OH NO, POOR THING , sob sob.

Lilly 01-10-2008 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 637120)
laughing now at the thought of cherokee sat watching it...."and this award goes to 7 year old amy who went into a burning building and saved a whole family and their pets then gave them all mouth to mouth and donated 20 pints of blood and regularly visits the childrens ward at the local hospital and gave them all her toys and she now plays with a cardboard box" with cherokee shouting BOO!!HISS!! NO dont give it to her!!!!!! lol

Hahaha....that's just what I was imagining! :D

BERNADETTE 01-10-2008 22:04

Quote:

Take it you won't be up for an award any time soon:rolleyes: Actually without mentioning the heroics of our emergency personnel or our fantastic armed forces we do have quite a lot of incredible people young and old who quite rightly get recognition for their acts of bravery.
Add to that the people who are fighting illnesses that are often terminal raising thousands of pounds for charity and I would say we have a lot to be proud of!!!!

West Ender 01-10-2008 22:57

I'm not overly sentimental and I'm very definitely not mawkish but it's the small children that get to me. I sat there saying, "Aaaaah," and "Oh, God love him," and, "Ah, bless her," etc. There were kids on that show who have gone through more than enough for anyone to cope with and it makes me feel humble when I hear some of the stories.

Oh, did anyone check out Richard Branson? He looks more unreal every time I see him, with the wild mane flowing - etc. I think he's beginning to look quite scary. :D