Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   DVD/TV/Film Discussion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/)
-   -   British TV programs airing in the USA (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/british-tv-programs-airing-in-the-usa-55508.html)

steeljack 01-11-2010 05:28

British TV programs airing in the USA

Got to congratulate you guys in the UK for having the BBC and paying your license fee , just spent a pleasent Sunday evening watching a couple of BBC 'shows'.... Luther (a cop drama) and Sherlock (updated version of the Sherlock Holmes dramas) both 1000% better than the usual US TV fare . Also enjoy "Come Dine with me ", think the latest show aired was Bournemouth (no idea how old it is) .
Just wish you could get shut of car guy Clarkson ? (total Tory pillock ) and the cook who thinks using the "F" word is cute , think both are an embaressment to the UK , worse even than chav Rooney , Beckham and Posh , and the absolute worst British export to the US, Sharon Osbourne and her family of misfits,... sorry forgot to mention Simon Cowell (for some reason the guy allways reminds of a creepy guy from a council estate who would request a Brylcrem massage at some place on Patpong St. in Bangkok ).

OK, your turn , let me know which American TV shows/personalities you detest and would ban from British TV and which you like and why :D :D

jaysay 01-11-2010 08:52

Re: British TV programs airing in the USA

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 857402)
Got to congratulate you guys in the UK for having the BBC and paying your license fee , just spent a pleasant Sunday evening watching a couple of BBC 'shows'.... Luther (a cop drama) and Sherlock (updated version of the Sherlock Holmes dramas) both 1000% better than the usual US TV fare . Also enjoy "Come Dine with me ", think the latest show aired was Bournemouth (no idea how old it is) .
Just wish you could get shut of car guy Clarkson ? (total Tory pillock ) and the cook who thinks using the "F" word is cute , think both are an embaressment to the UK , worse even than chav Rooney , Beckham and Posh , and the absolute worst British export to the US, Sharon Osbourne and her family of misfits,... sorry forgot to mention Simon Cowell (for some reason the guy allways reminds of a creepy guy from a council estate who would request a Brylcrem massage at some place on Patpong St. in Bangkok ).

OK, your turn , let me know which American TV shows/personalities you detest and would ban from British TV and which you like and why :D :D

To be quite honest I spend lots of times watch American made programs, I watch the new Universal channel on Sky (formally Hallmark) and I like Discovery Investigations, things like the FBI Files and the First 48 hours, I thought we had nut jobs over here but hell the good old US of A takes the biscuit:D

DaveinGermany 01-11-2010 09:24

Re: British TV programs airing in the USA

The teen stuff, all those American teenagers, smart mouthing their parents & making them out to be stupid, which then makes our teenagers think they can do the same, not impressed. :mad:

little bit of respect wouldn't go amiss