Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   DVD/TV/Film Discussion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/)
-   -   .....and that Yoghurt advert (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/and-that-yoghurt-advert-58581.html)

gynn 17-07-2011 10:05

.....and that Yoghurt advert

If you had friends round for lunch, and while you were fetching dessert from the kitchen, they disappeared off round the house searching through your drawers to try and find your secret for looking so good, what would YOU do?

I'd throw them out.

Am I watching too much TV? :(

Margaret Pilkington 17-07-2011 10:32

Re: .....and that Yoghurt advert

Personally, if someone gave me yoghourt as a dessert.....I would never visit them again.

Yes, Gynn....you are watching too much TV.:D Try and get out a bit more!

Pudwoppa 17-07-2011 11:12

Not sure if it's the same advert, but I saw something for 'pouring yoghurt' the other day. Forgive me, but didn't we used to call that milk?

Margaret Pilkington 17-07-2011 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudwoppa (Post 919655)
Not sure if it's the same advert, but I saw something for 'pouring yoghurt' the other day. Forgive me, but didn't we used to call that milk?

No, it isn't milk. It is a thin runny Yoghourt. Try putting that in your tea!

heth 17-07-2011 11:59

You are deff watching too much TV!!

I usually turn over when adverts come on for a few mins!

Margaret Pilkington 17-07-2011 12:49

Yes himself does that Heth...only to find that you really can't escape the adverts(unless you go Beeb)...all the Commercial channels seem to be in cahoots, and have adverts at about the same time.

Margaret Pilkington 17-07-2011 12:54

As for giving guests yoghourt for dessert.......well, you might perhaps get away with that if the guests were less than five years old, but if you are giving me a dessert......avoid ice cream......and apple pie.....not keen on either of those.....Syrup sponge, jam roly poly, cabinet pudding, tiramisu, triflewith sherry please, all go down well as long as there is plenty of custard......yoghourt....eeeeew, yeuk!(alright for sunburn...but other than that I'd rather eat the tub)

jaysay 18-07-2011 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 919652)
If you had friends round for lunch, and while you were fetching dessert from the kitchen, they disappeared off round the house searching through your drawers to try and find your secret for looking so good, what would YOU do?

I'd throw them out.

Am I watching too much TV? :(

No gynn certainly not mate, just too many TV ads:D Sky + is a must;)

Pudwoppa 18-07-2011 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 919657)
No, it isn't milk. It is a thin runny Yoghourt. Try putting that in your tea!

I know they culture it, but I thought that the defining property of yoghurt was the consistency? If they carry on experimenting with that, we'll end up with 'cheese-like' blocks of yoghurt next :(