Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   DVD/TV/Film Discussion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/)
-   -   More irritating ads.... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/more-irritating-ads-60935.html)

gynn 10-03-2012 08:06

More irritating ads....

A couple of questions regarding current TV ads.....

1. Should I contact Social Services about the busy mum who gives her baby the dog's dinner, and vice versa, when the phone rings?

2. Is there a more annoying dipstick on TV than the bloke who thinks the man ringing him offering him cheap motor insurance is really his mate Steve winding him up?

Any more?

grannyclaret 10-03-2012 08:12

Re: More irritating ads....

yes the woman Caroline who must have had lasor treatment on her eyes 5 million times,,,and the woman who throws peas all over her face coz she is soo engrosed with corrie,,,lol

jaysay 10-03-2012 08:44

The bookies add, think its Ladbrokes, where this Italian bloke runs about like a lunatic screaming he's won because the scores 2-1 after 15 minutes, the irritating little sod

Mick 10-03-2012 08:50

ALL the ruddy online Bingo adds
and that stupid guy in las vegas that saved a bit of money on his credit card

Less 10-03-2012 08:54

How long has the 'mockny' pronunciation of calls been in acceptable use in the English language?

All the so called 'communication companies seem to use it, for free text and 'carws'...

To have our spiffing broadband with free landline & free 'carws' at the weekend...

The thing that gives all these irritating voice-overs away is when it comes to giving their own number out, the man or woman suddenly revert to the proper pronunciation,

"then CALL us on"...

I don't find this poor use of a pretended, overfriendly, 'cor blimey mate we is all as fick as a plank but great mates innit? Attitude from large companies to my purse strings attractive or tempting in any way.

MargaretR 10-03-2012 08:58

'Go Compare' and 'Confused.com' have me diving for the remote to mute them.

I recently watched a commercial which I actually enjoyed !
No screeching - no loud music - just visual delights.

Cartier's Channel - YouTube

jaysay 10-03-2012 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 976521)

Very nice Margaret, but must be a tad wishful thinking :D

Michael1954 10-03-2012 09:32

The mis-sold PPI adverts get on my wick.

jaysay 10-03-2012 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 976525)
The mis-sold PPI adverts get on my wick.

You and me alike Michael, if you've been mis-sold PPI you can claim it yourself without giving these sharks 30%

jaysay 10-03-2012 10:08

One ad in particular is Injury Lawyers for you, you know where these people are telling you they are lawyers, mind you it didn't help when they used to front their ad with a chap purporting to be a lawyer, who was last seen portraying a bent copper on the Bill, tends to confuse people a little really, thank good they've got shut, the ads are now just a tad more feasible

susie123 10-03-2012 10:18

Quote:

Yes those two really get on my wick, and the ones from the Corrie sponsors are just as bad - those two women are the most irritating on the box, wouldn't encourage me to buy anything. If I were that bloke I would have strangled them long go.

The Cartier was wonderful, rather have the leopard than the bling though!

MargaretR 10-03-2012 11:11

Whilst webrowsing this topic I found this site, don't open if you can't tolerate strong language ;)
Gillette | AdTurds - Adverts That Are

Does anyone know who that screaming woman is in the confused.com ad is?
The website says her name is Cara - Cara who?
I would gladly use up half a day sending her and her agent bad reviews.

susie123 10-03-2012 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 976540)
Whilst webrowsing this topic I found this site, don't open if you can't tolerate strong language ;)
Gillette | AdTurds - Adverts That Are

Thanks for a great read Margaret, brought to mind several more ads I really despise - the horrible patronising Barclays ones, the Halifax choir, the Morethan - why should a fake american moviestar give me confidence in insurance?, Boots Here come the girls, and M&S some of the time though I do like looking at their food ones...

Thank goodness I don't watch ITV/ Channel 4 very often...

jaysay 10-03-2012 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 976551)
Thanks for a great read Margaret, brought to mind several more ads I really despise - the horrible patronising Barclays ones, the Halifax choir, the Morethan - why should a fake american moviestar give me confidence in insurance?, Boots Here come the girls, and M&S some of the time though I do like looking at their food ones...

Thank goodness I don't watch ITV/ Channel 4 very often...

Thank god for Sky + susie, 5 minutes of ads in 15 seconds:D

jaysay 17-03-2012 13:51

The ad that's making me laugh at the moment is the BT Broadband Ad, with the students, renting a room from the nerd, the lass ask where the nearest internet cafe is and the nerd tells her about hot spots, takes her to this cafe, and she logs on, "didn't know you were good at finding a girls hot spot she says, oh yes he says I have them all stored on my phone" girls eyes raise to the ceiling:rolleyes::D

annesingleton 17-03-2012 16:59

The Boots Here Come The Girls, Direct Line, the Meerkats, Go Compare, most of them really.... I've recently succumbed and had Sky installed, I'm really enjoying recording and fast forwarding the adverts!

jaysay 18-03-2012 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 978533)
The Boots Here Come The Girls, Direct Line, the Meerkats, Go Compare, most of them really.... I've recently succumbed and had Sky installed, I'm really enjoying recording and fast forwarding the adverts!

I'm waiting for somebody to come up with a recorder that actually skips adverts:D

Less 18-03-2012 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 978658)
I'm waiting for somebody to come up with a recorder that actually skips adverts:D

The technology already exists, but they won't use it.

Studio25 18-03-2012 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 976530)
...it didn't help when they used to front their ad with a chap purporting to be a lawyer, who was last seen portraying a bent copper on the Bill, tends to confuse people a little really, thank good they've got shut...

It's more likely this incident that got them to review their choice of actor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 976530)
...the ads are now just a tad more feasible

There was one on the other day, and I only watched it to see if Billy Murray was still the front man. Anyway, I'm sure at the end, one of the people walking across the shot walked into one of the other actors...

jaysay 18-03-2012 11:51

Ya Mr Murray ain't a very good ad if he's whacking his wife and daughter when he's brams and list;)

ToffeeGuy 18-03-2012 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 978658)

I knew someone once who turned off the telly when the adverts came on just to save on electricity. And yes, he was from Yorkshire.

jaysay 19-03-2012 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy (Post 978803)
I knew someone once who turned off the telly when the adverts came on just to save on electricity. And yes, he was from Yorkshire.

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Restless 08-05-2012 00:05

most certainly !!!!

1/4 part because I can't stand opera 3/4 part because gocompare is, well, the most annoying coagulation of sound from the past few years or so-- I think last thing that annoyed me this much was that stupid crazy frog

Quote:

]

Do they really have to animate those cartoon boobies? a friend is always commenting on those adverts ''look at them jiggle" etc

Are the jiggling breasts of cartoon characters actually going to help sell car/home insurance ? to those lonely guys out there?

DaveinGermany 11-05-2012 14:02

Not irritating just yet, but could become so. :)

Carlsberg Fan Academy New Television Commercial - YouTube

Mind you, with England's record at staying in a competition, it could all blow over rather quickly. :s_aim1:

Restless 11-05-2012 14:13

:rofl38:@ the bit where he turns the dial to "English summer"

jaysay 11-05-2012 17:43

It looks like Go Compare have run out of money they're now screening ads they showed right at the beginning of their campaign

Studio25 12-05-2012 14:06

Still sad that there are only seven Red Arrows at the end... :(

katex 04-07-2013 11:58

I do find the Argos adverts with the blue coloured family of aliens quite amusing, however, the latest one where the male has taken on the role of becoming the breeding gender and gives birth to baby blue alien slightly disturbing.

I know it's tongue in cheek ... is it me ? :rolleyes:

accyman 04-07-2013 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 1065313)
I know it's tongue in cheek ... is it me ? :rolleyes:

nah your ginger :D:D:D:D

accyman 04-07-2013 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 991144)
Not irritating just yet, but could become so. :)

Carlsberg Fan Academy New Television Commercial - YouTube

Mind you, with England's record at staying in a competition, it could all blow over rather quickly. :s_aim1:

nice advert but somat at the back of my head keeps screaming "its a bloody german beer" lol

not that i dont drink plenty of it i just cant help but see the irony lol

edit:

hang on its ok it turns out its danish ya learn somat new every day lol

cashman 04-07-2013 18:12

Sorry Dave, First time ive seen it n it irritates the crap outa me.:eek:

DaveinGermany 04-07-2013 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1065317)
nice advert but somat at the back of my head keeps screaming "its a bloody german beer" lol

edit:

hang on its ok it turns out its danish ya learn somat new every day lol

Just as well you aren't a Deutscher then, you'd of ended up invading your own Country! :D

Go to the back of the class & take an atlas with you. ;)

accyman 05-07-2013 12:38

i didnt do too well in geography but the field trips were fun

anyway we have tomtom now who needs geography