Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   DVD/TV/Film Discussion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/)
-   -   Skyfall (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/skyfall-62791.html)

gynn 04-11-2012 07:14

Skyfall

Skyfall, the new James Bond film, is a definite must see. I liked the way it paid homage to the 50 years of the series with flashbacks and references to the old Sean Connery days, both in the dialogue and on the soundtrack.

Daniel Craig is the grittiest Bond yet. None of the suave, smoothness of his predecessors. He plays Bond warts and all.

And look out for a performance from Judi Dench that could well bring the Bond films their first ever acting Oscar.

One or two holes in the plot, but, hey, this is Bond! You leave reality at home when you go to see this one!

cashman 04-11-2012 07:29

Re: Skyfall

Have a mate lives in Chester, Big bond fan, went to see it last week, very disappointed worst one yet in his opinion, or so he posted on facebook.:eek:

MargaretR 04-11-2012 07:39

I stopped watching Bond films when Shaun Connery was replaced.

He wasn't the best actor in the world, but the excerpts I have seen from subsequent Bond films convinced me that the surreal chase scenes were targeted at immature males.

I prefer my 'spy films' to be realistic -
Bourne series, Tinker Tailor...etc.

gynn 04-11-2012 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1026259)
Have a mate lives in Chester, Big bond fan, went to see it last week, very disappointed worst one yet in his opinion, or so he posted on facebook.:eek:

Probably more 'boring' dialogue and plot development than previous films, at the expense of the non stop action sequences. That's probably why your pal and others, understandably, wouldn't like it. For me, it gave the film a bit more depth and feeling.

Chris SUI JURIS 04-11-2012 08:47

Shaun Connery is the only bond,I just wish they'd call it JAMES BOND 23 it would show how much you can milk some folk ;)

As far symbolism goes :eek::eek: there are certain MK themes, skulls & bones and one-eye symbolism going on. Especially during the 'Skyfall' intro sung by Adele in her horrible, cockney, lazy version of english.She could at least try pronounce her words correctly :eek:

:hidewall:

Less 04-11-2012 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1026263)
lazy version of english.She could at least try pronounce her words correctly :eek:

:hidewall:

Some should take their own advice, english instead of English? Such a person could at least attempt to write their words correctly. Ignorant version of English.

1/10 for effort, see me after class, (trousers neatly folded over your arm in usual school tradition).

Chris SUI JURIS 04-11-2012 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1026266)
Some should take their own advice, english instead of English? Such a person could at least attempt to write their words correctly.

1/10 for effort, see me after class, (trousers neatly folded over your arm in usual school tradition).

lol ;)

jelly baby 13-11-2012 15:05

This is the first Bond film I've seen in nearly 30 years, the last one being in Bournemouth whilst on holiday ( it was pouring down ), have to say, plot wise, nothing's changed same old same old, Daniel Craig isn't really Bond material IMO. Not ruggedly handsome enough and not tall enough.

kestrelx 13-11-2012 16:32

I'll probably watch it when it comes on TV in a couple of years and think - "What was all the fuss about?" :confused::D

flashman 14-11-2012 02:05

I walked out after about half an hour.

The plot didn't make any sense to me. It started with overdone shootemup action, Bond gets shot and falls in the water then re apears in a bar on a beach.

Go figure !

kestrelx 14-11-2012 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashman (Post 1027870)
I walked out after about half an hour.

The plot didn't make any sense to me. It started with overdone shootemup action, Bond gets shot and falls in the water then re apears in a bar on a beach.

Go figure !

In my opinion Bond has become rubbish - it's just glamorised totally impossible action and violence with no real basis in reality. I watched "Layer Cake" last night featuring Daniel Craig he was a bit like Bond in that.

churchfcrules 14-11-2012 18:04

watched it, as a bond film wasnt impressed, as a stand alone action movie, i enjoyed it

plot was ok, but as for bond, to me the last half hour was like a cross between harry potter n home alone!

shillelagh 14-11-2012 18:20

i went to see it .. and i liked it .... theres always one aint there ...:D:D:D