Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Forum News (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f62/)
-   -   Welcome to the Accrington Stanley people! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f62/welcome-to-the-accrington-stanley-people-3417.html)

Roy 19-03-2004 06:13

Welcome to the Accrington Stanley people!

Some of you may have noticed we changed the link to the Accrington Stanley message board into it's own forum. The reason is that the official messageboard over at www.accringtonstanley.co.uk has been closed down. As of today the official site now links to our forum as an unofficial Fans Forum for Accrington Stanley. So there you go, in case you where wondering where everyone was coming from!! :)

janet 19-03-2004 09:05

Re: Welcome to the Accrington Stanley people!

Welcome to the accystanley fan base. The more the merrier.

lindsay ormerod 19-03-2004 09:14

Thanks for the welcome Janet,you will have to pop along to the sub-forum and meet us all,we are a friendly bunch on the whole;and the banter is usually light-hearted! :wave8: :rofl38:

Aussie Gobbiner 19-03-2004 09:42

History lesson please..... I can work out where Accrington comes from but who the heck is Stanley!

janet 19-03-2004 09:54

It is Accrington Stanley football club, Aussie. There message board has just closed down so the fans have joined us.

Tealeaf 19-03-2004 09:58

It was like a pitch invaision on here yesterday evening.....

Aussie Gobbiner 19-03-2004 10:20

Hi Janet, yeah I understand that it is a football club, my cousin goes on about it everytime he emails me... but... where does Stanley come into the name... who was he... or what is Stanley.. is it a place? From what I understand it goes back a 100 years or so but can't find out what or who is Stanley...:drunk:

savo is back. 19-03-2004 11:26

Thanks all for letting us on your site. You are VERY NICE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Come join in and have a bit of banter with the stanley crew. :biggrin8:

KIPAX 19-03-2004 13:03

The history of the name Accrington Stanley is in an article on the Accrington Stanley website

lettie 19-03-2004 16:12

A big welcome to you all, feel free to chat with us about other topics too..:rose8:

Atarah 19-03-2004 23:13

Accrington Stanley message board on the official site

But ... why has it closed down?

Aussie Gobbiner 19-03-2004 23:25

when the 'Old Stanley' resigned from the Football League it was feared that the name had died forever

I had to do a google and voila... i found the answer...

The club took the name Stanley because most of the boys who played in its early days lived in the Stanley Street area of the town

KIPAX 19-03-2004 23:51

Thats rubbish

Again... the answer is in an article on the official accrington stanley website.. why google just to find rubbish when you can get it from the horses mouth so to speak.

Aussie Gobbiner 20-03-2004 02:01

Hi Kipax, visited that website and found diddly squat as to the original name of Stanley.... and being from afar and not knowing the history of this club I asked a simple question on this forum to which I thought the followers of Accrington Stanley would be able to answer, I'm sorry that you can't take the time to generate discussion on the history of the name of the club but would rather redirect to other websites so I'm sticking with the answer that I found on Google...:cool:

KIPAX 20-03-2004 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Gobbiner
I'm sorry that you can't take the time to generate discussion on the history of the name of the club but would rather redirect to other websites

Excuse me but I did take the time and pointed you in the right direction. Thats taking the time to help you mate... Sorry I bothered ........By the way.. google and the wrong answer you found are "other websites" so nagh nagh to you! :) Also.... Pointing people to websites for information asked is the correct way to respond rather than repeat the info...

Take a chill pilll mate...Lighten up.... have a nice day... I was trying to help you..just because you couldn't find it doesn't make that any less true... SMILE :)