Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Forum News (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f62/)
-   -   Donations..........I've finally succumbed. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f62/donations-ive-finally-succumbed-6467.html)

Roy 20-11-2004 13:53

Donations..........I've finally succumbed.

It's been mentioned many times before and I've finally done it...

I've added a donate button to the site. The costs of running this place are high and I would also like it to have a professional re-design to make the whole thing look a lot nicer...

If you click on the donation button it will take you to paypal, who are a secure payment company. The money will never see my bank or a barmaids fine hands, as I use paypal money to pay my bills for accyweb!

Donate as much or as little as you like, and if you leave your username in one of the optional fields then I'll give you a custom title that appears under your name in every post - you get to choose what it says and you can edit it from your profile.

Now, I'll go and hang my head in shame at the local webmasters club for having to add my first ever paypal donate button to a website!

So what are you waiting for, hit the button and donate!! :) :) :)

Doug 20-11-2004 14:58

Re: I've finally succumbed....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy
Now, I'll go and hang my head in shame at the local webmasters club for having to add my first ever paypal donate button to a website!

So what are you waiting for, hit the button and donate!! :) :) :)

No shame in this Roy....I've never considered that costs involved, needless to say I'm always happy to use the site so why not make a donation.

lettie 20-11-2004 15:00

Consider it done...:D

Sara 20-11-2004 15:01

Is there a way round paying if you don't want to use a debit/credit card on-line? If you want to pay by either cash or cheque what do you do then?

Sparkologist 20-11-2004 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara
Is there a way round paying if you don't want to use a debit/credit card on-line? If you want to pay by either cash or cheque what do you do then?

You could always drop some dosh behind the bar in the Hope & Anchor, with the specific instruction that it is for Roy's Alchohol Dependancy Fund. :D

On a more serious note: I don't begrudge making a donation towards Accyweb's upkeep.
Thankyou for your efforts Royski. :thumbsup:

Sara 20-11-2004 15:38

[QUOTE=Sparkologist]You could always drop some dosh behind the bar in the Hope & Anchor, with the specific instruction that it is for Roy's Alchohol Dependancy Fund. :D

Like it, but sorry the only AD Fund i would contribute to is my own. lol

Think donations towards the site is a good idea though.

Keep up the good work Roy and thanks.

Less 20-11-2004 17:01

[QUOTE=Sara]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkologist
You could always drop some dosh behind the bar in the Hope & Anchor, with the specific instruction that it is for Roy's Alchohol Dependancy Fund. :D

Like it, but sorry the only AD Fund i would contribute to is my own. lol

Think donations towards the site is a good idea though.

Keep up the good work Roy and thanks.

As you all know myself & my assistant Mez have made a magnificent job of looking after the contributions to the Calm Room

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5254
& would therefore be honoured to look after any cash contribution to Accyweb that any of you may see fit.

:stop:

Less 20-11-2004 17:10

Breaking News!

HBC actually tried to contribute to you on the pay pal system Roy, Unfortunatley their credit card details were REFUSED!
:rolleyes:

janet 20-11-2004 17:56

Good idea Roy.

WillowTheWhisp 20-11-2004 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less
Breaking News!

HBC actually tried to contribute to you on the pay pal system Roy, Unfortunatley their credit card details were REFUSED!
:rolleyes:

Maybe that's why their website has been down all day. Did somebody forget to pay the leccy bills?

MutinousMuse2 20-11-2004 19:16

You take $$$'s?

Roy 20-11-2004 19:18

Yup - paypal will take almost anything that you can throw at them!!! And so will we :)

Busman747 21-11-2004 00:13

Nice one Roy,:D ......but don't retire in the south of France and leave the Accy Web to flounder!

I will sort my donation out in the morning.

Poodle 21-11-2004 09:00

i can offer my professional web design skills worth more than any paypal donation i could make.

sarnie boy 21-11-2004 11:34

i dont have a credit card is there an address i can leave the money at
or something like that?