Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Karma king (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/karma-king-31748.html)

piltymon 28-06-2007 17:39

Karma king

I know my karma sucks and I know why! I really don't have a problem with that. I would like to know about the karma system and does anybody care how much karma they have? Are there any benefits from good karma?

WillowTheWhisp 28-06-2007 17:43

Re: Karma king

There's a thread somewhere which explains the system. I'll see if I can find it.

Karma doesn't really mean anything. It's only numbers on a computer screen but it is a fun way of giving someone a pat on the back or a kick up the bum. Not to be taken too seriously.

At one time we were able to see our actual karma score as well as our rep power. The more karma you have the higher your rep power goes but other things affect rep power too.

piltymon 28-06-2007 17:48

So what does rep power equal? Any benefits/down sides? Is it just a pride thing?

WillowTheWhisp 28-06-2007 17:50

The higher your rep power the more effect it has one someone else when you give them karma.

mani 28-06-2007 18:25

see

if u give me good karma

i'll show u how it all works

WillowTheWhisp 28-06-2007 18:40

Your karma can't be all that bad. You've got a rep power of one already.

piltymon 28-06-2007 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mani (Post 441261)
see

if u give me good karma

i'll show u how it all works

Sorry but no can do yet. A couple of peeps welcomed me back the other day and I spent the miserably little amount of good karma that I had to offer on them. Good try though Mani! I'll see what I can do tomorrow. After all, giving out good is much better than bad!

WillowTheWhisp 28-06-2007 18:59

I've given out too much in the past 24 hours too. Trouble is I can't remember who I gave it to! :D

piltymon 28-06-2007 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 441279)
I've given out too much in the past 24 hours too. Trouble is I can't remember who I gave it to! :D

I'm not sure either but, funnily enough, I think you were one of them LoL.

WillowTheWhisp 28-06-2007 19:06

:( In that case it got lost in the ether because I didn't receive it. Only got one karma and that was signed.

piltymon 28-06-2007 19:24

I'll make up for it. Sorry :(

blazey 28-06-2007 22:07

I think the added benefit of karma is that people who dont like to step in the middle of arguments and get involved can just leave simple little messages via karma to let them know when they are in the right or wrong.

WillowTheWhisp 29-06-2007 07:46

At one time we could actually see the karma points and when we got some new comment it flashed up to tell us. That was in the good old days before the Belgians.

Tin Monkey 29-06-2007 21:46

It would be better if karma wasn't anonymous. I have no respect at all for people who leave unsigned karma.

WillowTheWhisp 29-06-2007 21:48

I think it's normally anonymous on other forums too but Roy has always said he likes it this way.

Tin Monkey 29-06-2007 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 441937)
I think it's normally anonymous on other forums too but Roy has always said he likes it this way.

I wouldn't know Willow, as I'm not on any other forums which uses karma.
It's ok being anonymous too, as long as people sign who it's from. Otherwise it could just be a blind insult, or an incorrect comment.

WillowTheWhisp 29-06-2007 22:13

Yes and some people do a tit for tat but end up tatting the wrong tit.

cashman 29-06-2007 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 441936)
It would be better if karma wasn't anonymous. I have no respect at all for people who leave unsigned karma.

dont let it bug ya TM, its just a laugh. by the way i always sign mine.:)

WillowTheWhisp 29-06-2007 22:54

If you find yours has gone up by a lump of 62 it will be me, 69 will be Rindy. We're pretty easy to spot. :D Sometimes I do forget to sign mine but I try not to.

harwood red 29-06-2007 22:59

I always sign mine, good:mad: or bad:)

garinda 29-06-2007 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 441967)
Yes and some people do a tit for tat but end up tatting the wrong tit.

Who're you callin' a tat?:D

WillowTheWhisp 29-06-2007 23:15

Who you calling a whore? http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...milies/eek.gif

garinda 29-06-2007 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 442042)
Who you calling a whore? :eek:

Lol, I was typing with an Irish accent.;)

Bagpuss 30-06-2007 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 442024)
I always sign mine, good:mad: or bad:)

Yes I know :rolleyes:, but I still don't like that sculpture.:)

harwood red 30-06-2007 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 442107)
Yes I know :rolleyes:, but I still don't like that sculpture.:)

and you were such a sweety that you didn't go for willow's tit for tat when I gave you some bad karma :D

blazey 30-06-2007 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 441939)
It's ok being anonymous too, as long as people sign who it's from. Otherwise it could just be a blind insult, or an incorrect comment.

Or it could be signed with an incorrect comment :cool:

OK OK I promised I would let it drop ;););)

WillowTheWhisp 30-06-2007 12:00

Some people have been known to sign negative karma with someone else's name in the past but I think they got told off when it was found out.

WillowTheWhisp 30-06-2007 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 441939)

Lancashire Online has it, and an additional thing too where you can thank people or groan at them - that shows up on the open forum immediately after the post it relates to and it shows who did it.

blazey 30-06-2007 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 442187)
Some people have been known to sign negative karma with someone else's name in the past but I think they got told off when it was found out.

Thats a surprise, i thought some people said the forum was full of really mature nice happy people until i showed up. :D

WillowTheWhisp 30-06-2007 12:16

It was a bit of a game that was going on between a couple of the members. I was bribed with ackers to give one of them some karma :D

Neil 30-06-2007 12:18

Quote:

Are you suggesting that someone reads all the karma comments and noticed a wrongly signed one? :eek:

blazey 30-06-2007 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 442195)
Are you suggesting that someone reads all the karma comments and noticed a wrongly signed one? :eek:

That does happy doesnt it? On another forum I go on they check all the reputation points to ensure they are for good reasons, they are signed by the correct people if they are signed, and that its all kept fair.

Royboy39 30-06-2007 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 442188)

Lancashire Online has it, and an additional thing too where you can thank people or groan at them - that shows up on the open forum immediately after the post it relates to and it shows who did it.

What a good idea. Someone gave me bad Karma which was unsigned for being "foolish and bloody minded" It would have been rather interesting if that was to show up.

WillowTheWhisp 30-06-2007 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 442195)

Nah, :D I think the perpetrator did a "nerner"

Far be it from me to suggest that the mods might be able to trawl through oodles of stuff to track down who said what. :hidewall:

garinda 30-06-2007 13:59

Quote:

Apparently that is a bannable offence.

WillowTheWhisp 01-07-2007 00:29

In which case they probably got banned. I don't know all the ins and outs but I just remember being told by 'staff' that it had occurred.

lancsdave 01-07-2007 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 442201)
What a good idea. Someone gave me bad Karma which was unsigned for being "foolish and bloody minded" It would have been rather interesting if that was to show up.

Just checked mine and found this unsigned gem;

Quote:

Yuo are an idiot, unfortunately you are the only one that doesn't know this!
Don't you just love people with yellow spines :D

garinda 01-07-2007 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 443039)

Yuo are funny.:D

MargaretR 01-07-2007 23:26

"Sign the pledge. 21-06-2007 03:40 from a trol herself "
I have only ever had the one shown above - no need to guess who it was.
I have never given any bad Karma - not even to him -but would sign it if I ever did

Less 01-07-2007 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 443039)

Quote:

Yuo are an idiot, unfortunately you are the only one that doesn't know this!
The swine, I gave gave negative karma to someone (anonymously of course), earlier today and except for the spelling of you they've ripped it off and thrown it at you!
:mad:

WillowTheWhisp 02-07-2007 07:18

OOh! Less that means you know who it came from :D

Less 02-07-2007 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 443129)
OOh! Less that means you know who it came from :D

Nice theory Willow, but you know me, I throw out that much anonymous negative karma in one day keeping track of who I gave it to would be very difficult.:dflam:

I know it wasn't Lancsdave I gave it to.:D

lancsdave 02-07-2007 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 443179)
Nice theory Willow, but you know me, I throw out that much anonymous negative karma in one day keeping track of who I gave it to would be very difficult.:dflam:

I know it wasn't Lancsdave I gave it to.:D

I knew it wouldn't be you, I was just pleased I have been promoted to idiot , it's a step in the right direction on my career path :D

Less 02-07-2007 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 443183)
I knew it wouldn't be you, I was just pleased I have been promoted to idiot , it's a step in the right direction on my career path :D

Yes and it's nice to know that my insults are worth repeating, that must have been the most interesting post the person I said it to has made on site. :rolleyes:

WillowTheWhisp 02-07-2007 12:23

I don't think I've ever been as senior as an idiot :( I'm a mere bobber.

lancsdave 02-07-2007 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 443194)

ermmm careful who you are calling senior :p

cashman 02-07-2007 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 443183)

ive been called many things some far worse, most of em are true.:D

Royboy39 02-07-2007 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 443194)

Is a bobber the circular metal device that we used to knock the hell out of glass marbles with?

WillowTheWhisp 02-07-2007 12:40

No, I'm a bobber-inner. I'm sure that's a bobber-outer. ;)

Royboy39 02-07-2007 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 443208)
No, I'm a bobber-inner. I'm sure that's a bobber-outer. ;)

OK Willow I will go with that one

Ianto.W. 29-09-2007 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 441936)

Well said Tin Monkey, if they have not got the courage to back up their opinions then dont award it either way. On a personal note I have and never will award bad Karma. It is my opinion that everyone is entitled to how they view things, but sign it PLEASE.

Less 29-09-2007 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianto.W. (Post 475323)
It is my opinion that everyone is entitled to how they view things, but sign it PLEASE.

Correct everyone is entitled to their view it's just that you'rs is wrong.

Only sign it if you want to, otherwise don't worry about it it's probably from me!
:p

Ianto.W. 29-09-2007 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 475326)
Correct everyone is entitled to their view it's just that you'rs is wrong.

Only sign it if you want to, otherwise don't worry about it it's probably from me!
:p

There is no show wiyhout punch, Less, where have you and your acid wit been, you have been sorely missed lately, with all these wives taking over.Come get a fire started.:D:p:D

Ianto.W. 29-09-2007 19:32

Quote:

less, orrect everyone is entitled to their view it's just that you'rs is wrong.
You can afford to be allways right, I haven't the time or inclination to argue with you please ignore me in future ,I have far more pressing complaints to deal with.

Less 29-09-2007 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianto.W. (Post 475510)
You can afford to be allways right, I haven't the time or inclination to argue with you please ignore me in future ,I have far more pressing complaints to deal with.

:tongueout

Ianto.W. 30-09-2007 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 475518)
:tongueout

:biggrin8: Great likeness less that toungue is just as I expected it to be, good for only one thing?

Less 30-09-2007 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianto.W. (Post 475717)
:biggrin8: Great likeness less that toungue is just as I expected it to be, good for only one thing?

Hmm, do we have a problem Houston?

Your first reply to me was:-

[QUOTEThere is no show wiyhout punch, Less, where have you and your acid wit been, you have been sorely missed lately, with all these wives taking over.Come get a fire started.:D:p:D][/QUOTE]

But now you seem to have turned nasty, next thing you'll be misquoting Kipling at me again! :(:rolleyes::cool:

Ianto.W. 01-10-2007 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 475726)
Hmm, do we have a problem Houston?

Your first reply to me was:-

[QUOTEThere is no show wiyhout punch, Less, where have you and your acid wit been, you have been sorely missed lately, with all these wives taking over.Come get a fire started.:D:p:D]

But now you seem to have turned nasty, next thing you'll be misquoting Kipling at me again! :(:rolleyes::cool:[/quote]No Less I do not think that man landed on the moon either, I deliberatly missquote people to 'sus' their mentality out, you quite obviously passed the test. So stop griping and allways look on the bright side of life, it could be worse you could be married to me.:not_ripe:

flashy 02-10-2007 13:34

Quote:

funnily enough that has just happened to me, someone (yes we know who he is) sent a lady off here negative karma and signed it with my initials, lovely eh

BERNADETTE 02-10-2007 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 476809)
funnily enough that has just happened to me, someone (yes we know who he is) sent a lady off here negative karma and signed it with my initials, lovely eh

Yes thank you kind person, I know who you are and so do the mods.

MargaretR 02-10-2007 14:48

I recently had unsigned neg karma which said "ha ha good one" :confused:

flashy 02-10-2007 14:48

pmsfl, they obviously pressed the wrong button, now that COULD of been me, i do daft things like that, ask a mod they should be able to tell you

WillowTheWhisp 02-10-2007 15:17

Quote:

That is downright nasty - now expects to get same neg off same person.
:D

MargaretR 02-10-2007 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 476833)
pmsfl, they obviously pressed the wrong button, now that COULD of been me, i do daft things like that, ask a mod they should be able to tell you

It is only the second neg I have ever had and the other was from that now banned Yank(who started this thread) -so I can cope with it without bothering the mods.
I can't expect to please everybody all of the time :)

lancsdave 02-10-2007 15:39

I've yet to figure out the benefit of giving negative karma. It doesn't bump your own up :D

MargaretR 02-10-2007 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 476861)
I've yet to figure out the benefit of giving negative karma. It doesn't bump your own up :D

I agree - suppose it just makes the miserable s*ds feel better

Mancie 02-10-2007 17:22

Quote:

Judging by the neg karma i've just got I presume you're talking about me!..I didn't "sign" or initial the neg karma I sent! some people on here are totally paraniod..

flashy 02-10-2007 17:24

oh REALLY, me thinks you lie matey

BERNADETTE 02-10-2007 17:33

I am not paranoid, it was sent to me for some strange reason.

Mancie 02-10-2007 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 476897)
oh REALLY, me thinks you lie matey

now that's a bit rich coming from you! :D

flashy 02-10-2007 17:57

Mancie....you've been found out mate, now crawl back into your hole

grannyclaret 02-10-2007 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 476831)
I recently had unsigned neg karma which said "ha ha good one" :confused:

Oh i hope it wasent me,,,,i have NEVER EVER given bad karma to anyone,,,,but those words sound familier...but i am sure i would have pressed the scales...if it was me i hope it can be reversed :o

flashy 02-10-2007 18:06

lol everyones worried about it now granny

grannyclaret 02-10-2007 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 476932)
Oh i hope it wasent me,,,,i have NEVER EVER given bad karma to anyone,,,,but those words sound familier...but i am sure i would have pressed the scales...if it was me i hope it can be reversed :o

I now remember i sent GOOD karma to harwood red for her 5000 posts,, i said "oh nice one ",sounds similar..phewww:D

Mancie 02-10-2007 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 476925)
Mancie....you've been found out mate, now crawl back into your hole

I've been found out sending unsigned karma...YOU have decided there's more to it....as it's obvious you have plenty of clout on this forum and can post whatever you like, I'd better leave it at that and keep my gob shut!

BERNADETTE 02-10-2007 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 476895)
Judging by the neg karma i've just got I presume you're talking about me!..I didn't "sign" or initial the neg karma I sent! some people on here are totally paraniod..

Let 's get one or two things straight, you did initial the neg karma. How else would it have come to light? The thing is it was based on a thread I didn't even make a post in. If you wish to send me neg karma by all means do but please leave it unsigned rather than use somebody else's initials. You have been found out now let the matter rest!!!

flashy 03-10-2007 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 477290)
I've been found out sending unsigned karma...YOU have decided there's more to it....as it's obvious you have plenty of clout on this forum and can post whatever you like, I'd better leave it at that and keep my gob shut!

right here's the full story incase you forgot it Mancie

you gave Bernie negative Karma and signed it FT, Bernie asked me about it, i said i hadnt given her any, THEN i asked one of the mods about it and he said....wait for it......YES HE DID SIGN IT FT..so the mods now lie do they?? ....Mancie you cant go denying it mate, nomatter how much you try to kid yourself, you used MY initials to try and make trouble, you where found out...now grow up

oh and as for me having 'plenty of clout' on the forum....i think not, i am as equal as anyone else on here

flashy 03-10-2007 08:20

i think Mancie loves me :D

harwood red 03-10-2007 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 477060)
I now remember i sent GOOD karma to harwood red for her 5000 posts,, i said "oh nice one ",sounds similar..phewww:D

Where GC??? Me not got it:(

flashy 03-10-2007 08:22

maybe she didnt sign it lol

harwood red 03-10-2007 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 477398)
maybe she didnt sign it lol

No only got one lot of karma for reaching 5000 posts and that was signed and it wasn't GC :eek:

flashy 03-10-2007 08:43

oh eck ...

WillowTheWhisp 03-10-2007 09:23

Granny, what HAVE you done with that karma? :D

MargaretR 03-10-2007 09:46

Granny - thanks for the positive karma you have given in case you were the one who gave negative with "ha ha good one" - to help jog memory - it was when I suggested that the youtube dumb blonde was Bush's granddaughter.

grannyclaret 03-10-2007 12:48

Oh i now think i have realy lost the plot.......
.....HELP....

grannyclaret 03-10-2007 12:55

Have sent you some now Harwood red,,,:hesoff:WHERES THE NURSE?

Lolly 03-10-2007 16:20

What have I missed here?? I hate missing things lol.:rolleyes:

harwood red 03-10-2007 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 477470)
Have sent you some now Harwood red,,,:hesoff:WHERES THE NURSE?

Awww thanks GC, tell you what have some back from me :)