Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Buy Sell Swap Question (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/buy-sell-swap-question-32436.html)

lancsdave 25-07-2007 14:52

Buy Sell Swap Question

Is it not possible to only allow access this section when a new user has posted in the normal forums for a while ?

There seems to be a continous stream of people who only join the forum to peddle their wares and then get abusive if anyone asks them a question or comments about what they are selling.:(

And before any of them reply to this, I do have a life already :D

WillowTheWhisp 25-07-2007 16:45

Re: Buy Sell Swap Question

Dunno if that's possible but it would certainly cut down on the spammers I suppose.

garinda 25-07-2007 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 453250)
I do have a life already

How much are you asking for it, and are there any pictures?

garinda 25-07-2007 17:56

Ooops, forgot my smiley........:D

WillowTheWhisp 25-07-2007 18:08

Quote:

I do have a life already :D

We believe you Dave - now can you convince the Passport Office that Mel has? :D

lancsdave 25-07-2007 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 453280)
How much are you asking for it, and are there any pictures?

Bog off and get your own :D:D:D:D

Cheekymonkey 25-07-2007 21:00

Quote:

Is it not possible to only allow access this section when a new user has posted in the normal forums for a while ?

There seems to be a continous stream of people who only join the forum to peddle their wares and then get abusive if anyone asks them a question or comments about what they are selling.:(

And before any of them reply to this, I do have a life already :D

There's an accyweb member joined rewind just to post his wares,so i know what you mean:(:D

suzster 27-07-2007 09:26

Quote:

There's an accyweb member joined rewind just to post his wares,so i know what you mean:(:D25-07-2007 19:29
Hi Cheeky,

I think Lancsdave is referring to members who sign up just to post ads and then don't contribute anything else at all.

We also take care of any spam postings and actively monitor them. However, we won't know until some time has elapsed whether the member you have referred to has simply joined for this reason. I strongly suspect, and quietly hope, that it's simply his or her first post of many. In either case the member is a very welcome one :D

Accyweb is a massively successful website and has achieved this because it has a passionate membership who are fiercely proud of their online community. As far as localised online communities go, Accyweb is the trailblazer (by a mile!) and we're all learning lessons from it.

Suz x.

Cheekymonkey 27-07-2007 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzster (Post 453836)
Hi Cheeky,

I think Lancsdave is referring to members who sign up just to post ads and then don't contribute anything else at all.

We also take care of any spam postings and actively monitor them. However, we won't know until some time has elapsed whether the member you have referred to has simply joined for this reason. I strongly suspect, and quietly hope, that it's simply his or her first post of many. In either case the member is a very welcome one :D

Accyweb is a massively successful website and has achieved this because it has a passionate membership who are fiercely proud of their online community. As far as localised online communities go, Accyweb is the trailblazer (by a mile!) and we're all learning lessons from it.

Suz x.

i was merely pointing out suz that it just doesnt happen on accyweb,i dont think its a problem dave obviously does,so ill leave it be:D