Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   My posts go missing (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/my-posts-go-missing-33580.html)

Polly_45 16-09-2007 13:14

My posts go missing

How come everytime i decided to post they are removed..could it be im not part n parcel of the clique on here

Less 16-09-2007 13:20

Re: My posts go missing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polly_45 (Post 471345)
How come everytime i decided to post they are removed..could it be im not part n parcel of the clique on here

Perhaps, something you wrote was offensive or perhaps you are looking in the wrong place for what you did post, though, before you start down the road of accusing accyweb of having a clique it might have been more polite to P.M. one of the mods and ask their advice?
:confused:

Len 16-09-2007 14:15

It doesn’t appear that any of your posts have been removed.
Have a look here and see if you can find what you’re looking for.

:)

WillowTheWhisp 16-09-2007 15:05

Polly, are you certain you haven't accidentally clicked 'preview post' instead of 'submit reply' and thought your post was posted when it wasn't? I've done that a couple of times.

cashman 16-09-2007 15:34

yer must be doing summat wrong polly i just found all yer posts no problem,as for the " CLIQUE" get a life.:p

harwood red 16-09-2007 22:12

Actually she is right about her post going missing... but not about the clique!!

She started a thread about colin mcrae's tragic death after there was already one started and I'm guessing a moderator deleted it due to it duplicating...However, it would have took a simple pm from the mod in question to polly to explain where it had gone :rolleyes:

cashman 16-09-2007 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 471484)
Actually she is right about her post going missing... but not about the clique!!

She started a thread about colin mcrae's tragic death after there was already one started and I'm guessing a moderator deleted it due to it duplicating...However, it would have took a simple pm from the mod in question to polly to explain where it had gone :rolleyes:

that could well be the case red, but she did say Everytime i decided to post. not the one, so i still say get a life.

WillowTheWhisp 17-09-2007 05:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 471484)

OK, I'm going to risk the wrath of mods - would it be possible to merge the threads rather than delete them?

garinda 11-09-2011 21:01

In another thread in this section, on this question one of the mods said this...

'having said this the mod who edits or deletes a post should also pm the member with an explanation of the reasons for the action.'
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...sts-56966.html

Can I just point out this does not happen.

It would be very helpful if it did.

Members would then know the reason why, and hopefully this would prevent them posting similar things in the future.

Thus saving forum members from wasting their time posting things likely to be deleted, and hopefully save the moderators time, because no repeat infringements will be made.

Thank you.

Neil 11-09-2011 22:25

Sometimes I pm people sometimes I dont. It depends what is was, how busy I am and if I can be bothered getting into an arguement with somone who does not agree with me removing something.
Which happens.
Swearing just goes without a pm.

garinda 11-09-2011 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 932835)
Sometimes I pm people sometimes I dont. It depends what is was, how busy I am and if I can be bothered getting into an arguement with somone who does not agree with me removing something.
Which happens.
Swearing just goes without a pm.

Ok thanks.

Though I just wondered why one moderator said a pm should be sent if posts are deleted, and this isn't being carried out.

It's a little hard for members to guess as to why a thread/post has been deleted, especially if there was definitely no swear words involved.

Presumably if members are informed why a post was deleted they won't do it again.

Thus saving themselves, and the moderators wasted time in the future.

Plus, once people know why a post was deleted, they might decide to help the forum run more smoothly in the future.

By helpfully reporting every other single thread on Accy Web that has broken the same rule.

garinda 11-09-2011 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 932835)
if I can be bothered getting into an arguement

Good job you didn't choose to go into the law as a career.

Well, unless you were defending the other side.

:rolleyes::D

Neil 11-09-2011 23:03

I wish it was so simple.
Some things are left to run even if they do bend the rules a little. It always was one of the things that made this site good.

Some go to far and things get cleaned up. Most people know what is ok and what is not and I do pm people but not always. Sorry if I do miss pm'ing people sometimes but I am busy outside of here sometimes and I always answer my pm's as soon as I can if anyone wants to ask anything.

garinda 11-09-2011 23:10

Thanks for the reply.

Seeing as members have no idea who deletes any posts, it would leave them wondering why on occasion posts are removed, if they aren't informed as to why.

Not a criticism, more curious, why what was said was done, isn't.

No big deal.

Thanks again.

Neil 11-09-2011 23:19

Its because I am lazy and useless.
Time to close my eyes now and count those sheep to make sure no Yorkshire men are abusing them.

If you are from Yorkshire and find my comment offensive, I dont care :D