Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Just a passing thought (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/just-a-passing-thought-35376.html)

Less 12-12-2007 18:57

Just a passing thought

Just a passing thought, Perhaps I shouldn't have stopped it as it was going on it's journey, but I had a fleeting moment of rememberance.

It was something to do with Ianto but it passed, then it knocked again because I remembered Mr. Butterworth didn't say a lot but his drawings were interesting, and maybe it would be nice to have our own 'virtual' garden of rememberance, because unfortunatly we have lost a few members to the grim reaper.

Just off the top of my head a section on accyweb for those that have gone but aren't forgotten, a link to their posts that would be accessable to all that wished to go there, perhaps locked off so that the sick and strange couldn't interfere with what they had said, it may seem a little morbid but just 'cos they've gone doesn't mean they should be ignored.

It's open to thought, throw at it what you feel.

:o

Margaret Pilkington 12-12-2007 19:01

Re: Just a passing thought

Brilliant Less.....just brilliant!

Less 12-12-2007 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 503329)

Strange as it might seem, I just got three lot's of karma, (all positive), but some swine said, (Great idea Less can't wait to read your's)!!!!!!

:D:):p:o:(:confused::mad:

cashman 12-12-2007 19:34

personally i think its a damn good idea.

Less 12-12-2007 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 503329)

Strange as it might seem, I just got three lot's of karma, (all positive), but some swine said, (Great idea Less can't wait to read your's)!!!!!!

:D:):p:o:(:confused::mad:

"Gosh I wish I'd thought of that!".

flashy 12-12-2007 20:12

thats a really good idea, nice one Less

Gayle 12-12-2007 20:21

Less, that's a really lovely thought. See you can be a sweet old ****** sometimes! :D

lancsdave 12-12-2007 20:23

It is a nice idea. He must have left himself logged in and the cat's posted on his behalf while he was out at the pub :D

Less 12-12-2007 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 503377)
It is a nice idea. He must have left himself logged in and the cat's posted on his behalf while he was out at the pub :D

The cat doesn't need a speill chucker!:o

WillowTheWhisp 12-12-2007 20:32

What a lovely idea.

Lilly 12-12-2007 20:55

I think it's a great idea. :)

Less 12-12-2007 22:43

So, I'm on a winner here,

Everybody seems happy with the idea of looking after the dead.

Not a problem to me, they have all taken the leap we can only contemplate.

Here's another thought though, would it be possible for us to look out for those that are still with us but have other problems as well? I cover most of my problems most of the time, by playing hell at other members, but there are plenty out there that will always be worse off than us because of physical or mental problems, how can we make their lives better?

I get a glimpse every day so far as mental problems are concerned, (anything physical always seems minor), I look in the mirror.

The dead need to be honoured in some way, but the vulnerable need to be cared for!

OOp's sorry I've become a bit heavy with my ideas!

Less 12-12-2007 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 503413)
So, I'm on a winner here,

Everybody seems happy with the idea of looking after the dead.

Not a problem to me, they have all taken the leap we can only contemplate.

Here's another thought though, would it be possible for us to look out for those that are still with us but have other problems as well? I cover most of my problems most of the time, by playing hell at other members, but there are plenty out there that will always be worse off than us because of physical or mental problems, how can we make their lives better?

I get a glimpse every day so far as mental problems are concerned, (anything physical always seems minor), I look in the mirror.

The dead need to be honoured in some way, but the vulnerable need to be cared for!

OOp's sorry I've become a bit heavy with my ideas!

Well I don't know where that came from but I'm sure he meant it! :D

Lolly 12-12-2007 22:52

Yes I'm agreeing with that idea Less, excellent. :)

WillowTheWhisp 13-12-2007 06:27

You're going to have to watch that cat Less - she's getting far too philosophical.