Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Logged out. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/logged-out-39031.html)

garinda 01-05-2008 23:58

Logged out.

It seems to be a fairly new thing, but does anyone else keep getting logged out of Accy Web?

It's only happening with AW, so I don't think it's my pc.

It seems to have happened since the chatroom came back.

In the old days, you logged in, and unless you physically logged out, that was you here for good.

If you now go into the chatroom you're automatically logged out of Accy Web, and have to open up another page, and log in again, something you didn't used to have to do.

Tonight I logged in, and spent twenty odd minutes starting what I hoped was a fun, light hearted thread, we could have all have joined in. When I went to submit it I was told I was logged out, and off it disappeared into the ether.

My one good typing finger is too knackered to type it all out again tonight. I'll see if I can muster the enthusiasm tomorrow...perhaps.:D

Has anyone else experieced this?

harwood red 02-05-2008 00:00

Re: Logged out.

it happens on occasion when you have been idle for 20 mins, now I hardly call typing being idle :pbut its when you don't move a page

harwood red 02-05-2008 00:03

make sure you have clicked the remember me box too

garinda 02-05-2008 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 570218)
it happens on occasion when you have been idle for 20 mins, now I hardly call typing being idle :pbut its when you don't move a page

Ah...it was over twenty minutes, as I had to keep checking the spelling of kedgeree and drawer divan, and the plural of dwarf.:D

I'm sure this 20 minute rule and you're out rule must be fairly new though, as I've always been slow.:D

harwood red 02-05-2008 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 570223)
Ah...it was over twenty minutes, as I had to keep checking the spelling of kedgeree and drawer divan, and the plural of dwarf.:D

I'm sure this 20 minute rule and you're out rule must be fairly new though, as I've always been slow.:D

see my post above about the remember me box

garinda 02-05-2008 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 570222)
make sure you have clicked the remember me box too

Yeah, I always have that ticked.

It's happened to me a few times now though.

entwisi 02-05-2008 00:59

If it happens again, click your back button and it should remember the txt you typed

Or if its a long one, copy it all before hitting submit just in case

shillelagh 02-05-2008 04:16

You're not logged out of accyweb if you are in the chatroom if when you join the chatroom you click on chatroom float instead of chatroom - chatroom float opens up another page so you can still flick through accyweb while being in the chatroom.

emzy 02-05-2008 08:00

I get booted from time to time, generally when I have replied to a thread and am submitting the response, so this is quite annoying really, because everything that ive typed is lost (and clicking back etc doesnt help) although its not logging me off accyweb, i just have to come back on the site and it lets me on without re-entering my login details.

flashy 02-05-2008 08:12

it seems to happen a lot to me when i'm writing a new thread, if i am longer than say 3/4 minutes typing it out i get signed out and have to type it all again

MargaretR 02-05-2008 08:18

If my post is going to be a long one, I compose it in wordpad, then copy and paste it into the reply space. This avoids the time out

garinda 02-05-2008 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 570239)
If it happens again, click your back button and it should remember the txt you typed

Or if its a long one, copy it all before hitting submit just in case

I did that, it just brought the box back minus everything I'd typed out.:(

I will copy it next time, or open up another page for Accy Web as well. That page shows you logged out (which it never used to). I'll log in twice, and keep my fingers crossed.:D

garinda 02-05-2008 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 570298)
If my post is going to be a long one, I compose it in wordpad, then copy and paste it into the reply space. This avoids the time out

Good point.

I think I'll start doing that again.

cashman 02-05-2008 13:50

it bugs the hell out of me when i'm in chat,then go back n am logged out, its happened to me many times n am a complete numpty wi computers.:(

LYNX1 02-05-2008 15:27

I've got to the point that I don't log in again when I've been logged out.........too much hassle