Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Separate thread? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/separate-thread-47832.html)

panther 11-06-2009 16:56

Separate thread?

I see that the general section is is overcome with politic discussions!
I think we should have a separate forum for it!, what ya reckon?, say at the bottom:D

flashy 11-06-2009 16:59

Re: Separate thread?

yeah i think your right Panther

Less 11-06-2009 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 720596)
I see that the general section is is overcome with politic discussions!
I think we should have a separate forum for it!, what ya reckon?, say at the bottom:D

A great deal of the members don't like the political threads, but then again some members seem to thrive on them.

Simply put, ignore the threads you don't like and annoy people in the threads you do like.

That works for me.
:o

katex 11-06-2009 17:27

Actually Panther, although I understand where you are coming from and a decent suggestion, if you actually do some sort of count within the last 50 threads omitting 4 stickys (coming up twice in two pages), there have been only 9 what I would class as political .. just that they have been very, very long ... :D

garinda 11-06-2009 17:29

There are loads of threads that hold no interest, and I briefly hold the cursor over them, and go and read something that does interest me.

Happily I've never been the sort to be bored.

I go off and do something that tickles my fancy.

Failing that I'd start a non-political thread, of which there are plenty of sections to put one in.

:D

garinda 11-06-2009 17:39

Sometimes I've posted (a lot) in the political threads, but mainly when it's concerned local issues. I tend to post more on national sites, when it comes to national political issues.

I can quite understand that politics might not hold much interest for some, just as other issues and subjects don't for others. There's plenty posted on here that doesn't interest me one iota, but I don't see a need for a separate section for them.

If you want to start a non-political thread there is every opportunity to do so.

You aren't being cheated because some people are interested in a subject, and you aren't.

If you're lucky you may even tempt the politically minded to post their contribution in the non-political threads.

I look forward to being tempted myself.

Less 11-06-2009 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 720604)
There are loads of threads that hold no interest, and I briefly hold the cursor over them, and go and read something that does interest me.

Happily I've never been the sort to be bored.

I go off and do something that tickles my fancy.

Failing that I'd start a non-political thread, of which there are plenty of sections to put one in.

Are you suggesting that she should use her imagination & create a thread that others would be interested in rather than complaining about something she isn't interested in?
:confused:

garinda 11-06-2009 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 720610)
Are you suggesting that she should use her imagination & create a thread that others would be interested in rather than complaining about something she isn't interested in?
:confused:

Maybe she's already done just that.;) :D

katex 11-06-2009 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 720607)
If you're lucky you may even tempt the politically minded to post their contribution in the non-political threads.

As, hopefully, the Stanley thread followers would do at times .. Ok .. have their own section I know ... but surely their whole world does not revolve around football ... or does it ? :D

shillelagh 11-06-2009 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 720618)
As, hopefully, the Stanley thread followers would do at times .. Ok .. have their own section I know ... but surely their whole world does not revolve around football ... or does it ? :D

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." Bill Shankly

now katex what would you say to that ... :D:D:D

katex 11-06-2009 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 720623)
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." Bill Shankly

Shill .. as one who has just had to google Bill Shankly to find out who he is .. cannot respond ... :D

jaysay 11-06-2009 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 720623)

Was getting a bit worried then Jen but you came up with the right response in the end, ho how right Bill Shankly was:D:D:D

jaysay 11-06-2009 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 720632)
Shill .. as one who has just had to google Bill Shankly to find out who he is .. cannot respond ... :D

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: was:D

Margaret Pilkington 11-06-2009 19:36

you could have a separate section for political threads, but because politics affects most of our everyday lives, I think you would still find it creeping into what were supposed to be non-political threads.

katex 11-06-2009 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 720669)
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: was:D

Oh ... sos ... R.I.P. Bill.