Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Community section/Social Groups (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/community-section-social-groups-59467.html)

Mick 07-10-2011 07:05

Community section/Social Groups

I have just been looking at the community section/social groups of the site and it seams to have died and not getting any use.
should this section stay or not ?

jaysay 07-10-2011 08:55

Re: Community section/Social Groups

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 938413)
I have just been looking at the community section/social groups of the site and it seams to have died and not getting any use.
should this section stay or not ?

I've never actually even looked at it mick, so I wouldn't miss it, but others may want to keep it

Neil 07-10-2011 09:01

They are not used much and I personally think the topics can easy be covered as threads on the rest of the forum.

I think most people click on new posts to see what has been posted so miss the community sections anyway so I don't think they would be missed.

jaysay 07-10-2011 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 938430)
They are not used much and I personally think the topics can easy be covered as threads on the rest of the forum.

I think most people click on new posts to see what has been posted so miss the community sections anyway so I don't think they would be missed.

I think your right in your thinking Neil, that's the only thing I do when I log on now (didn't used to) is click on new posts. The only time I go into a specific section is if I'm starting a new thread

david1 07-10-2011 19:00

I look and post on there regular .

Bob Dobson 07-10-2011 20:26

I favour keeping it. Looking at what has been posted, some would not easily fit in elsewhere.

garinda 07-10-2011 20:30

I only used them once, as a protest, but if others like them, perhaps they should be kept.

david1 07-10-2011 20:55

Why don't the Mods take " Chat room " off instead ? no one goes in there !

flashy 08-10-2011 07:46

We used to discuss the veggies on the forum until some wise 'mod' decided it was a good idea to move the veggies posts to the social group section, it all went downhill from there

Mick 08-10-2011 08:48

Sorry flashy but threads and posts on site cant be moved to the social section
that section is an add-on and there is no facility to move threads there from the main site.

flashy 08-10-2011 11:03

we had a thread on here for veggies a couple of years ago and you decided we shouldnt post in it anymore and said we had to post in the social groups section, you should make your mind up where you actually want us to post things MICK

how do you spell the word pedantic?

jaysay 08-10-2011 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 938622)
we had a thread on here for veggies a couple of years ago and you decided we shouldnt post in it anymore and said we had to post in the social groups section, you should make your mind up where you actually want us to post things MICK

how do you spell the word pedantic?

That way Shaz:D

flashy 08-10-2011 14:31

Thought so John

jaysay 08-10-2011 15:03

:mosher:

Mick 09-10-2011 04:30

Oh dear i was stating a fact that you got wrong that's all
And to remind members that registered in the social groups to use the section:D