Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Problem uploading photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/problem-uploading-photos-59778.html)

susie123 07-11-2011 12:47

Problem uploading photos

All weekend I have been trying to upload photos into an album I created last week but keep getting the message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10368 bytes) in /home/accringt/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

I had no problems creating the album and uploading the first two photos last week. Also today I tried creating a new album and uploading a photo to it but got the same message.

Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone help please?

Also, another query: when I was uploading my photos at first I didn't put any info in the box marked enter a description for the photo thinking I would be able to add it later but now I can't see a way of doing it. Viewing the photos there is a space underneath marked additional info which I presume is where the description would have gone but I can't see any way of putting anything there now.

Once again, any ideas?

Many thanks

Margaret Pilkington 07-11-2011 12:57

Re: Problem uploading photos

We used to have photo comps on a regular basis, but there has been a bit of a gremlin in the works......so we stopped having them....maybe it is the same for the albums too.

Margaret Pilkington 07-11-2011 13:00

I have just ried to upload to my pictures......and I got the same message.
You could always contact Mick to see if there is anything he can do from his end.
Sorry can't be of more help.

mobertol 07-11-2011 15:07

Just up-loaded one to >Funny pics -no problem -see that Sonnart has managed hers too...

susie123 07-11-2011 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 945795)
Just up-loaded one to >Funny pics -no problem -see that Sonnart has managed hers too...

Sorry mobertol, I can't see a file called funny pics. Is it an album? I was trying to upload into a personal album and I think sonnart was too originally.

Margaret Pilkington 07-11-2011 16:11

The problem is in the albums...you can post pictures to threads.

mobertol 07-11-2011 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 945808)
Sorry mobertol, I can't see a file called funny pics. Is it an album? I was trying to upload into a personal album and I think sonnart was too originally.

Sorry it's funny photos in the Anything Goes section...

Margaret Pilkington 07-11-2011 16:13

Funny pics is a thread...and as I have said there does not seem to be a problem uploading to threads or for that matter blogs....just the albums.

mobertol 07-11-2011 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 945811)
Funny pics is a thread...and as I have said there does not seem to be a problem uploading to threads or for that matter blogs....just the albums.

Will try on my profile then -I have some new ones to put on..

mobertol 07-11-2011 16:38

Just added 3 new pics to a new album on my profile -no probs and it was very quick too...

Margaret Pilkington 07-11-2011 17:27

Yes, you can upload to albums on your profile, but you cannot upload to albums in the gallery.....don't ask me why....I don't know.
I have uploaded pictures to threads and blogs, but cannot upload to my gallery

Margaret Pilkington 07-11-2011 17:35

I have just checked again......My Photo's in the gallery - won't upload. I get the error message.
Tried to make a new album......the Album was created but will not upload pictures....get the same error message.
Maybe it is a problem with the gallery.

Neil 07-11-2011 22:15

Albums work ok, posting pictures as an attachment to a thread is ok but posting to the gallery is not working. You could try posting a smaller picture, that might work but then again it might not.

Margaret Pilkington 08-11-2011 06:12

It doesn't work in the Gallery Neil. I haven't tried albums on my profile, but albums in the gallery don't work either.

Mick 08-11-2011 06:19

I will say this again the problem is only with the gallery
you can post photos in threads etc but not the GALLERY
there is a memory error with the gallery only
the Gallery is an addon all members are allocated a certain amount of memory depending on there status cant remember the amount but ordinary members are given one amount and members that make contributions are given more.
There is a glitch in the GALLERY software and until Roy has time to sort it the only person that can upload to it are new members and me as i have unrestricted access to the gallery.
so until Roy finds the time (he is very busy moving his company at the moment) there will be no competitions.
and there will be problems with uploading to the Gallery.
If you have photos you need uploading please pm me first so i know your sending them then you can e-mail them to me and i will put them in the gallery but no more than 2 photos per day and only if you realy need them in the gallery please