Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Like ???? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/like-63010.html)

Big Dave 05-12-2012 17:21

Like ????

I might br being thick here but have noticed the word "Like" appearing in all(except mine)posts. how does this get entered into a post by the poster or the readers.Also how long has it been appearing,is it since the web revamp or have I been missing it.I feel quite left out:confused:

MargaretR 05-12-2012 17:28

Re: Like ????

It is new. You get a message when someone 'likes' your post.

I had extreme shock today when I got a like from Less.:eek:

Big Dave 05-12-2012 17:37

Thanks Max and Margaret,feel better now !!!

Less 05-12-2012 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1030789)
It is new. You get a message when someone 'likes' your post.

I had extreme shock today when I got a like from Less.:eek:

Calm down it wasn't you, it was the post I liked.
:)

mobertol 06-12-2012 08:11

I think it's just going to make me lazy and stop giving karma -it's an easier way of doing the same thing. Obviously been adopted in from Facebook...

Mind you I shouldn't grumble as I was always moaning about not having enough karma to give out. Are there any limits to "liking"? Are there plans to introduce a "don't like" as a sort of red karma substitute?

Less 06-12-2012 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1030875)
Are there plans to introduce a "don't like" as a sort of red karma substitute?

I hope not, lets keep it positive, can you imagine the number of threads that would be hi-jacked by irate and whiney people if folk where allowed to 'dislike' in public?
:(

mobertol 06-12-2012 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1030879)
I hope not, lets keep it positive, can you imagine the number of threads that would be hi-jacked by irate and whiney people if folk where allowed to 'dislike' in public?
:(

It would never take off in any case -most of that red karma stuff is anonymous anyway. I even got some a while back when I hadn't been on the forum for weeks -it was a nice "welcome back"! :thankya:

Anyway -does the liking business give you points or anything or is it just a pat on the back sort of thing? I know the karma gives you some kind of a boost...

Less 06-12-2012 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1030880)
Anyway -does the liking business give you points or anything or is it just a pat on the back sort of thing? I know the karma gives you some kind of a boost...

No idea, but I suppose if anyone thought too much about the number of likes they got they could be brought down to earth by people removing their likes?
Haven't tried such a thing, hope I never have to.
:p

Neil 06-12-2012 11:29

Quote:

I think it's just going to make me lazy and stop giving karma -it's an easier way of doing the same thing. Obviously been adopted in from Facebook...

Mind you I shouldn't grumble as I was always moaning about not having enough karma to give out. Are there any limits to "liking"? Are there plans to introduce a "don't like" as a sort of red karma substitute?

I think public like add ons have been around on forums for longer that facebook has been around.

Dislike is something you often see asked for on facebook. I see the idea more of an agreement than a moan though. It's not right to click like sometimes but dislike would show your agreement, like if someone is unwell or something like that

Neil 06-12-2012 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1030880)

The only boost karma gives you is a big fat number under your name, likes show in the same way so the only difference is that likes are public but karma is private

Restless 06-12-2012 14:52

On some forums it is 'thanks' amounts to the same thing.

Big Dave 07-12-2012 09:30

Thanks to all for the likes,I LIKE it now

Margaret Pilkington 07-12-2012 10:05

This 'liking' business hasn't stopped me from giving out Karma.

accyman 07-12-2012 15:32

Quote:

Are there plans to introduce a "don't like" as a sort of red karma substitute?

facefook needs a dislike button desperatly

one contact of mine on there put that he had just been diagnosed with a seriousl illness and about 20 of his friends liked it lol

well im assuming they were friends lol

Restless 07-12-2012 16:09

I would be there all night disliking all the stupid pics that have some kind of message on them... .grrr they grate me