Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Google Page Ranking (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/google-page-ranking-64996.html)

shakermaker 19-09-2013 19:45

Google Page Ranking

Hi,

For some reason whenever the letters P and R are posted together (for instance in an abbreviation of public relations) the forum displays them as "Google Page Ranking" once posted.

Don't know if someone is already aware of the spooky problem or not but it's very strange.

Thanks.

Shurm 19-09-2013 20:04

Re: Google Page Ranking

Google Page Ranking

Oh yeah it does, thought Maccas post was strange :D

Margaret Pilkington 19-09-2013 20:35

Yes I posted something and put in it that it was a public relations stunt, but used the initials and it threw in the google page ranking thing...I hastily went in and edited my post

Neil 20-09-2013 08:49

Do you mean when you put Google Page Ranking. It will be the add words add on that Roy enabled a long time ago.

MargaretR 20-09-2013 09:24

I have experienced this too.

When you type P and R together it converts to 'Google page ranking' when you really meant 'public relations'

Neil 20-09-2013 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1076259)
Do you mean when you put Google Page Ranking. It will be the add words add on that Roy enabled a long time ago.

It did it to me above so it's not add words.

Looks like word replacement to me, Mick will be able to check if we have word replacement on the forum and stop it doing it for us. It could possibly be in the swear filter settings.

Restless 20-09-2013 11:29

haha. could you set it so if someone says the F word it says "i need to wash my mouth out with soap and water" something like that ? :D

Less 20-09-2013 12:51

Google Page Ranking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1076281)
haha. could you set it so if someone says the F word it says "i need to wash my mouth out with soap and water" something like that ? :D

I think you already know the answer is yes. Wouldn't it be fun though?
;)

Neil 20-09-2013 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1076281)

I think it depends what addons you have on the forum but there is no reason why you couldn't write your own code to do that. Forums like this use php and mysql so just about anything is possible

Restless 20-09-2013 16:19

Same kinda thing that changes f word into **** ?

Less 21-09-2013 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1076323)
Same kinda thing that changes f word into **** ?

People have been chastised for using **** as a substitute for swear words, even though the swear checker uses them!
Personally I don't give a * * * *!

Bet I still end up in trouble with one of the mods even though I spaced the apostrophes.

Neil 21-09-2013 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1076522)
People have been chastised for using **** as a substitute for swear words, even though the swear checker uses them!
Personally I don't give a * * * *!

Bet I still end up in trouble with one of the mods even though I spaced the apostrophes.

Not from me you wont because you were explaining how something works and not swearing - just have to wait and see if Mick is grumpy in the morning :D

Mick 22-09-2013 06:10

no I am not so your lucky this time:p

shillelagh 22-09-2013 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1076585)
no I am not so your lucky this time:p

spoilsport!!! :D